• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suggested change to Link

Winter_Sun

Smash Rookie
In PM, unlike melee you can use your Zair with a bomb/item in your hand.

I think that this should be changed so that when you AGT with a character with Zair, the held item would be thrown first instead of Zairing before the item has left your hand.

Another thing is that it is possible under rare circumstances to be able to use an aerial attack with a bomb in your hand, not exactly sure why this happens.

-Winter

oats_

Smash Apprentice
Do you mean you want to throw it instead of zair? Can't you just press a?

I don't play link, but im pretty sure you can still zair after throwing the bomb.

No idea about randomly using airs with a bomb in your hand. I'm not sure why this happens, but im sure theres a way to do it consistently.

J3f

Smash Cadet
I think Winter means you throw the bomb instead of zair during an aerial dodge. Aerial Dodging is the only way to do a zair while holding a bomb. pressing z in the air while holding a bomb and not dodging leads to the bomb being dropped or thrown.

It's pointless since AGT is essentially throwing a bomb during an aerial dodge. If implemented as above you would throw the bomb at the end of the aerial dodge instead of the beginning giving it slightly more range.

I really like being able to stop an aerial dodge with zair, it gives link some crazy mobility when you do an aerial dodge a couple frames after leaving the ground(Super Short Hops) and canceling it with zair. It's even a viable poking move with Samus and her grapple beam, if you thought Marth had disjointed hitboxes try the above with Samus. The key is staying as low to the ground as possible while still technically being in the air, zair makes you fall and hit the ground which cancels your zair animation. If done correctly you won't hear the clawshot sound. Link's weight and fall speed lets you repeat the process extremely quickly letting you go from one end of Final Destination to the other in about 2-3 seconds.

Last edited:

Winter_Sun

Smash Rookie
Well J3f, all I'm suggesting is that it is impossible to zair or any other aerial attack with a bomb in your hand. I don't think that a slightly messed up AGT should kill Link/Toon Link. The rest of the mechanics are working as intended IMO.

J3f

Smash Cadet
It's not impossible to zair with a bomb in hand though. Execution mistakes are par for the course in Super Smash Bros. You wouldn't make ledge sweet spots easier too would you. People SD all the time, even professionals.

Winter_Sun

Smash Rookie
I'm suggesting a change to pm to make the game more melee-esque. I'd personally prefer the old melee hookshot for recovery tbh.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
I'm suggesting a change to pm to make the game more melee-esque. I'd personally prefer the old melee hookshot for recovery tbh.
Everyone would, but the PMBR can only do so much as far as what they can do to the game. Technical limitations prevent old school tethers from being in PM.

666blaziken

Smash Journeyman
If they do implement the melee hookshot, I hope it's a little easier to grab a wall. In melee, sometimes I will grab a wall, and link will still fail to attach to it.

Onomanic

Heaven Piercer
If they do implement the melee hookshot, I hope it's a little easier to grab a wall. In melee, sometimes I will grab a wall, and link will still fail to attach to it.
You are probably too close to the wall. It's a weird melee thing. In PM, should they figure out Melee hookshot, I'd hope you can do it super close.

D

Deleted member

the only thing they need to change with this tether is the fact that if you release the ledge and press Z to snap back to the ledge too quickly/on certain ledges, link goes into free fall and you die for no reason. the fact that this happens makes playing lylat cruise ridiculously annoying to play on. it also happens on PS1's left ledge and yoshi's story when randal is coming out/going into the stage.

Top Bottom