• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Suddenly, me using the Melee Code Manager seems to have started killing my access to the Debug Menu on my copies of Melee on Dolphin, WTF's going on?!

NinTOONdo

Smash Rookie
Premium
Back on August 2023, I had finally figured out how to effectively use the Melee Code Manager, which allowed me to gain access to codes that for some reason never worked when I used their AR Codes & Gecko Codes (I tried both individually, but neither of them had worked), and for nearly 2 months, adjusting settings in the MCM never caused any bugs or emulation-defining problems! That was until two days ago, when I played The Akaneia Build, the Debug Menu did legitimately work the day right before that one, but then eventually, the game froze every time I tried accessing the Debug Menu! I tried reversing the codes that I didn't remember activating beforehand, but that didn't fix the problem! Then out of severe frustration, I deleted The Akaneia Build from my computer, and it took me a whole day to figure out how to effectively reinstall that mod right after I started missing it immediately. Then, when I created a backup copy/file of TAB in addition to the main reinstalled copy/file, I did some testing by adding very few MCM Codes to that file (limited to codes that I legit remembered activating before this situation began), and the same issue happened again, the game just froze every time I tried to enter the Debug Menu afterwards! The mystery doesn't just end there, because then when I re-adjusted my MCM Settings for Default/Vanilla Melee, the game froze again even when I used the Tournament Method of accessing the Debug Menu over the Title Screen Method! And the situation just remains no different for regional versions of Melee either.

I think what I have described should be enough to help readers understand my situation. So my very important question asks: Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this? MCM initially didn't affect my Debug Menu's accessibility, so it really scares & concerns me how mysterious it is that this is suddenly started to erase some of the best features from the game! So does anyone know (with at least 99% confidence) what adjustments when using the Melee Code Manager causes some features to suddenly freeze the game? If so, then please provide me that explanation, cuz knowing why really means a lot to me! Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Top Bottom