• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sudden death question

MK_own

Smash Cadet
Kind of a weird question.

But is it possible for 2 players to go into a sudden death and then die at the exact same time?

If so what happens?

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
Player 1 wins, if there is no P1, player 2 wins, if there isno P2, P3 wins.

Chances of a sudden death within a sudden death? Very low.

Actualy now that I think about it, that is how it worked in Melee, Brawl it might be random I don't know sorry lol.

RupeeClock

Smash Ace
I tried this today actually, through Bowsercides as player 2 (results in sudden death if both 1 stock left)

It just chooses a random person as the winner, even if they die at the exact same time.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I tried this today actually, through Bowsercides as player 2 (results in sudden death if both 1 stock left)

It just chooses a random person as the winner, even if they die at the exact same time.
If both players have one stock, and one bowsercides the other, the player using Bowser would win. No Sudden Death.

KernelColonel

Smash Journeyman
What about two synchronized Wavebirds to one channel both fighting on a two platform custom level (with the blocks spaced far apart)? There's no uncertainty there.

Shuma

Smash Hero
Bowsercide doesn't always make you the winner, it made me the loser once, not in sudden death though.

Ganoncide kills you both. Always at the same time.

superyoshi888

Smash Lord
Using Bowsercide on Captain Falcon killed us both at the same time. I was first player, my brother second. We went into sudden death, I bowsercided again, and I was the winner. But I don't know how that works.

Leoneri

Smash Ace
Like Shuma said, Ganoncide kills both at the same time (it happened to me just a couple hours ago) we went into Sudden Death but unfortunately it didn't happen again so I'm going to assume it would go to another SD.

Spazz_Man

Smash Rookie
If both players have one stock, and one bowsercides the other, the player using Bowser would win. No Sudden Death.
This is not true, I have seen this in online friends play only for me but when I got bowsercided, I was the one who got the point a few times, so idk how that works. It might be because I attacked bowser last and he didn't hit me before we died.

Empy

Smash Ace
Zoetermeer, The Netherlands (it ain't much, if it
Like Shuma said, Ganoncide kills both at the same time (it happened to me just a couple hours ago) we went into Sudden Death but unfortunately it didn't happen again so I'm going to assume it would go to another SD.
Yes it does, Yuna already commented on this happening before. You can't go on with getting SD after SD though, it only goes into SD once more.

Also, to OP, start using this: topic.

Toshen

Smash Apprentice
Well i've ganoncided to a sudden death, then in the sudden death i ganoncided again, which always resulted in the enemy player winning

fkacyan

Smash Hero
Yeah, it can go endlessly, I think, but, why try?

Sudden death isn't used as the standard for deciding who wins a match.

pirkid

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure it's random.
Me and my friend both got killed at teh same time from a overhead Bob-omb and died at the same angle and damage.
But I won. Fancy that.
There might be some error percent, or maybe they calculate Sudden Deaths in millseconds.

Anyone wanna explain what a Ganoncide is? I've been gone for so long I don't know anything.

Mario77

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure it's random.
Me and my friend both got killed at teh same time from a overhead Bob-omb and died at the same angle and damage.
But I won. Fancy that.
There might be some error percent, or maybe they calculate Sudden Deaths in millseconds.

Anyone wanna explain what a Ganoncide is? I've been gone for so long I don't know anything.
Ganondorf used Side B! Ganondof grabs Kirby! They both go plummeting down to their doom with no platform under them! BOOOSH! GANONCIDE

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
That actually happened to me a few weeks ago. A bomb dropped on both of our heads.

I was farther from the edge we died at though so I won. It is impossible for two players to be in the EXACT same place.

Top Bottom