• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

suckin hammers

mzink*

Smash Ace
hey i dont know if this has been posted or if most people already know this but i just thought id add it in there. king ddd can suck up people with hammers wether golden or regular. then you can either just shoot em away and suck em up again till their hammer ends or jump off the edge with them or shoot them off the edge, preventing them from getting multiple kills.

just some other things i was experimenting with, if wario heads toward dedede on his motorcycle, dedede can suck him off and the motorcycle will roll right through dedede without touching him. also dedede can suck up an active hothead, saving himself and everyone els from the circling annoyance.

Nexgenlink

Smash Cadet
Some where between The Lost Woods of Hyrule and Wa
I never play with items either, few competitive players do. But I have had a few situations when I'm playing Wi-Fi against people who DO use items! It gets very frustrating! Especially considering the fact that I never used items even in Melee, so when I got Brawl I never took the time to get familier with any items except for the Smash Ball.

aznxk3vi17

Smash Cadet
Depending on the character, most are able to DI back towards the stage, hitting you with the hammer as you are still lagging from the spit.

apmpnmdslkbk

Smash Journeyman
I never use items but it is a good bit of info. I just jump off the edge quickly turn around and inhale them and thus performing a double scuicide.

mzink*

Smash Ace
yea i tried with kirby too but unfortunately his mouth isnt quite big enough lol

Samus-T

Smash Lord
haha thats really funny. king ddd has a couple frames of super armor when you're sucking someone in so thats why u dont get hit. i didnt know that though. thanks for the info even though no one really plays with items XD

mzink*

Smash Ace
ah thats cool, didnt know bout the super armor thing. yea just good for the random FFA lol.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
haha thats really funny. king ddd has a couple frames of super armor when you're sucking someone in so thats why u dont get hit. i didnt know that though. thanks for the info even though no one really plays with items XD
i did a hilarious "chain inhale" against an ike player a few tournaments ago...i did like 5-6 ina row hahaha

Doval

Smash Lord
haha thats really funny. king ddd has a couple frames of super armor when you're sucking someone in so thats why u dont get hit.
False. Grabs simply have priority over attacks, so if you grab someone on the exact same frame they hit you, you take the damage but grab them anyways.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
False. Grabs simply have priority over attacks, so if you grab someone on the exact same frame they hit you, you take the damage but grab them anyways.
grabs have priority...NOT super armor

inhale however does have a few frames of super armor...which is what every is talking about atm...

Samus-T

Smash Lord
im pretty sure this thread has nothing to do with grab priority.... inhale + not taking knockback while doing so = super armor

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
another reason he is THE KING

pretty cool and a good way to get easy hilarious kills in non competitive smash, which should be played cause not all of your friends play tournament style games

Samus-T

Smash Lord
actually it works just as well as in competitive play. i actually use the inhale a lot in real matches. for example, if someone knocks me up, when im falling down, ill inhale and if they try to hit me because they dont see the inhale coming, super armor lets me just take them in, then ill spit them out so theyre not like right next to me and then ill just do some spacing. it works trust me

mzink*

Smash Ace
actually it works just as well as in competitive play. i actually use the inhale a lot in real matches. for example, if someone knocks me up, when im falling down, ill inhale and if they try to hit me because they dont see the inhale coming, super armor lets me just take them in, then ill spit them out so theyre not like right next to me and then ill just do some spacing. it works trust me
yea ive had dedede do this to me a few times, and with bowser it sucks because his recover is not so great so when i get spit out below the edge im doomed.

what happens if you suck someone with a smash ball up? do they loose it when you spit them out?

Doval

Smash Lord
R!S3 said:
grabs have priority...NOT super armor

inhale however does have a few frames of super armor...which is what every is talking about atm...
Inhale is a grab.
Samus-T said:
im pretty sure this thread has nothing to do with grab priority.... inhale + not taking knockback while doing so = super armor
And I'm pretty sure there's nothing wrong with correcting false information, regardless of the thread's topic. And you're wrong (but being condescending to me makes it more fun to correct you, so thanks <3). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeuXNw5P3G4 Besides that, Snake's Up-B and Yoshi's mid-air jump can take hits without knockback, and they're not Super Armor. Fail.

Doval

Smash Lord
Super Armor is absolute. No amount of knockback will ever break through it (there are videos of Ike's Aether taking a hit from Marth's Final Smash on YouTube.) Yoshi can be hit out of his mid-air jump at any % with a powerful enough attack, while Snake's seems to be independent of % but incredibly selective - it'll protect him against most multi-hit attacks, even if they're powerful, yet Kirby's forward tilt will knock him out of it even at 0%. They are like Super Armor, but they're not Super Armor - much like the way grabs trade with attacks is like Super Armor, but isn't really Super Armor.

mzink*

Smash Ace
heyhey dedede can also suck wario up when he comes at him on his motorcycle, wario gets sucked up and the motorcycle goes right through dedede without touchin him.

whut?

Smash Journeyman
Super Armor is absolute. No amount of knockback will ever break through it (there are videos of Ike's Aether taking a hit from Marth's Final Smash on YouTube.) Yoshi can be hit out of his mid-air jump at any % with a powerful enough attack, while Snake's seems to be independent of % but incredibly selective - it'll protect him against most multi-hit attacks, even if they're powerful, yet Kirby's forward tilt will knock him out of it even at 0%. They are like Super Armor, but they're not Super Armor - much like the way grabs trade with attacks is like Super Armor, but isn't really Super Armor.
oooo **** sonnnnn you got served lmao
everytime i see "suckin hammers" as the most recent post it makes me think of king ddd and fellatio, so can we let this die, now that everyone got owned?

Top Bottom