• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Sucker punch

Absol

Sucker Punch
NNID
xenxio
Good evening Sheik mains. Since im on a roll for making threads I thought I'd post one of the 'Absol Specials'. This one in particular does many things. Mind games, pressure, makes one of our kill set ups even more lethal, does your taxes, makes you a cup of coffee in the morning, and even fetches your newspaper. This is by no means overly complicated either. So I hope at the end of this thread you find a way to apply this to your game.

I'm going to start small and slowly snowball. First of all let me point out Sheik has 6 needles. You can hear a "tick" with every needle charged. For this set up we will need to charge 5 needles. Moving on you can b reverse these needles on both the ground and the air. In the air you completely swift your opposite momentum when doing a b reverse. Now I know what you're thinking "Abby, I already know all of this." Well what if I told you that you can finish charging that final sixth needle from a full hop b reverse before you even touch the ground? What if I told you that you can even squeeze a nair before you land? If you been putting the pieces together you can tell when im going with this. Let me illustrate

A Sheik and a Diddy are in a heated battle. Both are very intelligent players. The Sheik charges 5 needles and leaves the last one alone. She rushes past the Diddy, crossing him up. She then full hops and does a mid air b reverse towards the top of Diddy charging her final needles. Assuming these two play a lot the Diddy knows that Sheik cant do much when charging needles. Diddy prepares for a counter attack for the Sheik foolishly b reserving on top of him and charges a smash. But whats this? Sheik lands a soft nair out of a b reverse and leads up to a bouncing fish for the kill. Sucker punched!

Whats even better is that you can mix this up into just a simple landing. Or space yourself to do a fair instead. Even jumping away is a valuable option. This is just yet another bait added to Sheiks massive arsenal.

WondrousMoose

Mind the antlers
NNID
WondrousMoose
3DS FC
3024-5909-8345
Sounds pretty good, but I don't get a newspaper.

Edit: I'll actually be relevant to the post.

This is awesome! It forces them to keep count of her needles or just Dirty Harry it (they won't be lucky). It's not quite game-changing, but it adds a really nice tool to her already numerous options. Seems like one of those moves the commentators will be speechless about and then try to figure out what happened. I freakin' love these new discoveries.

Last edited:

Simikins

Nerfed
3DS FC
0447-8060-8710
I've been experimenting with what is possible out of the b reverse last 2 needles, but only offstage. I feel like the intelligent diddy kong would punch quickly though, the moment they see the first needle.
Will try and incorporate this and see how it works out.

Top Bottom