• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Such A bad Sandstorm

iLLZoT1C

Smash Rookie
Rancho Cuca, Southern California, I am currently
Tyranitar@leftovers
Nature:Adamant
4hp/252atk/252spd
-Dragon Dance
-Stone Edge
-Taunt
-Earthquake

Pretty much a standard T-Tar

Skarmory@ Shed Shell
Impish
252 HP/ 244 Def/ 12 Spe
~Brave Bird
~Whirlwind
~Stealth Rock
~Roost

Skarmory isn't as great at walling physical attackers this generation due to the new more powerful physical attacks and attackers like Close Combat and Stone Edge, but he still does his job at setting up spikes and shuffling my opponents team to rack up residual damage. Shed Shell is to allow me to escape from the popular Magnezone, while the 12 speed ev's are just to make sure I'm faster than other Skarmories so I can WW first and any CB Tyranitar that only try to outspeed 4 speed Skarms. Even though I lack Leftovers, I chose Brave Bird over Drill Peck because the difference in power makes a huge difference against pokemon like Scizor, Lucario, Machamp, and Blissey, along with just being able to do a good amount of damage to Latioses, Salamences, and Gyaradoses that think they can switch in for free(other than Stealth Rock of course :p). Skarmory also helps at Whirlwinding Metagross at the end of a Gliscor-->Meta baton pass chain if my Trickers can't get the job done preventing the pass due to hax or something.

Scizor (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 250 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Brick Break
- Bullet Punch

Scizor is my team's late-game cleaner and does pretty well when everything is set up including sandstorm and stealth rock. Im not sure if I should keep him or switch him with a different late game sweeper jus because of my main weakness to fire.

Heatran w/Choice Scarf
Modest
EV'S: 252 Sp attack/252 Speed/6HP
Moves
Fire Blast
HP Ice
Dark Pulse
Earth Power

Fire Blast is the best choice of fire move, it does more damage than Flamethrower, good accuracy and a better chance of a. HP ice to deal with Dragons and ground pokes. Dark Pulse to kill Dusknoirs and other Psychic pokes, and finally Earth Power to KO any poke that is stubborn enough to resist.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/220 SpD/36 Spe
Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
- Thunder Wave

Special sweeper and supporter. The electric bird is an amazingly reliable pokemon being able to hurt two of the biggest threats in pokemon (Gyarodos and Scizor) as well as heal himself with roost.

Latias @ Life Orb
Levitate
152 HP/8 Def/252 SpA/96 Spd
Modest
-Draco Meteor
-Surf
-Psycho Shift
-Recover

I decided to go for the offensive Psycho Shift set, and I must say it is quite good. Switch into Toxics, WoW, and sometimes paralysis, and just pass them around. Hits extremely hard, and thanks to boosted Surfs and the Modest natures, it 2hkoes Scizor and, more importantly, Tyranitar. This Latias is also quite bulky, making it a great switch in to Heatran, Rotom, and Zapdos too.

Plays an important part because it attracts T-Tar and really kicks his ***.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
ditch Zapdos and Latias. No need to deal with people who get hit by the sandstorm this generation. You have plenty of options.
Emploleon, Grastadon, and Swapert all handle water attacks, and Emploleon handles ice attack nicely, while Swampert and Grastadon will take your fighting moves.

Top Bottom