• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Submission Request: We Love Smash!

Hello Smashers!

In order to promote a positive image of the Smash Bros. community, I decided to organize a collaboration which highlights the good of the community. The project is simply called “We Love Smash”.It’s accepting a wide range of submissions from the community. Here’s the tentative posting schedule on Source Gaming:

February 12th - Writeups Feature
February 13th - Art Feature
February 14th - Video Feature

All entries must be submitted by February 5th 12:00 AM EST.

NOTE: Due to the scale of the project, we will not answer individual questions if your piece had been accepted or not. Therefore, it’s VERY important that you follow all of these guidelines. Also, try to be original.

We are trying to highlight a lot of different reasons why people love Smash.

Video Submissions:

YouTuber and Smash fanatic, RelaxAlax has agreed to help compile the video.The video will be about 2-3 minutes long. It will be a series of recorded clips of people stating (very briefly) why the love Smash. This video will be uploaded to the Source Gaming YouTube channel.

Please follow the following guidelines when submitting a video:
  1. No background music. Sounds on low (emphasis on voice)
  2. The video must be under 10 seconds long (shorter is better).
  3. Begin with, [personal pronoun] “love Smash because….”
  4. Keep your reasons PG. Swearing or inappropriate content will not be included.
  5. Upload the video to YouTube.
  6. Add your SmashBoards name, Twitter handle and Smash handle (when applicable) to the description.
Afterwards, add an entry to this form or the submission thread on SmashBoards (but not both). Videos sent directly to RelaxAlax or PushDustIn/ Source Gaming will NOT be considered.

Art Submissions:

Source Gaming will post your original art for this collaboration.
If you would like to submit your art, please follow the following guidelines.

1. You must own your art 100%. Original pieces only. No exceptions.
  2. Please upload it to DeviantArt.
  3. Keep the art PG. Inappropriate content will not be included.
  4. Add SmashBoards name, Twitter handle and Smash handle (when applicable) to the description.
After creating your art, add an entry to this form or the submission thread on SmashBoards (but not both). Art sent directly will NOT be considered.

Prose Submissions:

Source Gaming will also post write-ups (prose) for this collaboration.

Please follow the following guidelines when submitting a written piece.
  1. Your post must be original. No exceptions.
  2. Use spell check. Read for grammar. We will not be editing anyone’s work. So, if your work is sloppy, it might not be included.
  3. Keep it short. 1-2 paragraphs at most.
  4. Include links/ sources when applicable.
  5. Post your writeup to PasteBin (with your handle included).
  6. Add SmashBoards name, Twitter handle and Smash handle (when applicable) to the ending.

After writing your reason(s), upload it using this entry form or the submission thread on SmashBoards (but not both). Any piece of writing sent directly to us will NOT be considered.

...That’s it! I look forward to everyone’s involvement and learning why we love Smash.

Use #WeLoveSmash on Twitter to Tweet about it!

Follow Source Gaming on Twitter to stay up to date with this project. The Source Gaming Twitter account will also RT tweets featuring the “#WeLoveSmash” tag.

Last edited:
PushDustin

Comments

D
THE POWER OF POSITIVITY!

LET'S UNITE AS SMASH BROTHERS!!!!!!!!!

I'm assuming by "Art" you mean visual art / drawings. I would have been super down to try to make a musical composition or arrangement, but imma probably have sit on that one for now.

Here's hoping for a great collective!

I'm assuming by "Art" you mean visual art / drawings. I would have been super down to try to make a musical composition or arrangement, but imma probably have sit on that one for now.

make it a music video and you're good ;)

:150:

I find it funny that the Mii Fighters are in the picture, but they're restricted and discriminated against by TOs more than anyone else on the roster.

I'm a little sad that I can't write any music, it is art...
Welp good luck to everyone else, I'm excited to see the result!

For the video submissions, what do you mean by the Twitter handle and Smash handle? What do you mean by 'handle'?

For the video submissions, what do you mean by the Twitter handle and Smash handle? What do you mean by 'handle'?
First of all, long time no see Scootch! Also, he means his username. For example somebodies Twitter 'handle' would be their username on Twitter. Same goes for Smash, but instead of a username it would be their smash tag

I find it funny that the Mii Fighters are in the picture, but they're restricted and discriminated against by TOs more than anyone else on the roster.
That and op says they'll only except --original pieces-- yet use the mii fighter renders/models, unchanged, but with a lil heart....I understand that its the example and this in no way is meant as a 'jab' ,but is it implying 'Photo-manipulation' artwork is accepted? PushDustIn PushDustIn

Last edited:
The Swordfighter has the wrong shade of blue aaaaaaaa that bothers me so much

Cute picture though! I think I might do something for this. <3

D
[ removed ]

Last edited by a moderator:

Music is allowed! Its okay to use the hashtag for your own art!

I'm a little sad that I can't write any music, it is art...
Welp good luck to everyone else, I'm excited to see the result!
Music is okay! I didn't expect this many musicians to be honest.

Handle = username. Some people have unique Twitter/ SmashBoards and in game handles. To avoid confusion, I'm asking for all three (most people will probably have all the same).

That and op says they'll only except --original pieces-- yet use the mii fighter renders/models, unchanged, but with a lil heart....I understand that its the example and this in no way is meant as a 'jab' ,but is it implying 'Photo-manipulation' artwork is accepted? PushDustIn PushDustIn
Yes, photo manipulation is okay!
Yeah, nice to talk to you again. Thanks, btw! :) What happens if I don't have Twitter?
None of the tags are required. If you don't have Twitter, then you don't need to add it.

I look forward to see what everyone comes up with :)

Top Bottom