• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Subject on Alt. Costumes

Would you want Lucina as an Alternate Costume of Marth?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Remember back on Halloween, when we supposedly found out Wii Fit Trainer would also have her Male form as an alternate costume of the game. So, how would you feel about Marth having a alternate costume of Lucina in the game. I'll provide the poll, to see how this is taken.

Azule07

Smash Cadet
To be honest, Lucina Marth and Marth are now drastically different. So i'd really like to see any incarnation of it, so that we get manly fabulous and feminine fabulous versions of Marth.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
To be honest, Lucina Marth and Marth are now drastically different. So i'd really like to see any incarnation of it, so that we get manly fabulous and feminine fabulous versions of Marth.
Yeah, I know, but recently, I've been having doubts of her warranting a spot, but Alt. Costumes, reassured me for her being in the game, playable.

Azule07

Smash Cadet
Yeah, I know, but recently, I've been having doubts of her warranting a spot, but Alt. Costumes, reassured me for her being in the game, playable.
To be honest, it depends if 14 is in development, or if Lucina has a big role in the crossover game, as to if she warrants a spot. But now that they've separatedthe characters with Marth's design, I can see her taking a spot as a character or as being a costume - it'll work both ways now.

Gingerbread Man

Smash Lord
I like lucina but I doubt it will happen.

Alt costumes are a way to complete a character, not slip in another character, or add in some goofy one time costume.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
Masked Marth would be a cool idea. Then fans could either say its Marth or assume it's Lucina. It would be really awesome to have her as an alternate, but I feel like she's going the assist trophy route.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412
Maybe have an alternate costume in his original Smash get-up:

Idk if I want to have Luciana (unless it is masked Marth) or Chrom.

HeavySmashGuy

Smash Cadet
NNID
HeavyBrawlsGuy
3DS FC
1977-1276-9162
If they are putting in a Lucina costume, they should make a correct Falchion model to correspond to Awakening's EFFING STUPID Falchion design. I'm really hoping Sakurai's puting in Chrom, though.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I highly doubt Lucina would be a costume, but I do suspect that Marth's outfit in Awakening along with the Mask Lucina wore to be used as Marth's alternate. Maybe a pitch change just for added effect, but you wouldn't be able to really be completely sure that you're Lucina unless you've played Awakening.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
So you guys think that if Sakurai adds Masked Marth as an alternate that he's also going to do the same with colors? Like what he did with Wario in Brawl, but with Marth in Smash 4?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Marth is confused for a girl enough without having his alt costume actually be a girl.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Mmmmm, what are we gon' do 'bout them legs in his first design?

I honestly don't know how to answer the alt. costume question. If every character is getting at least one, Marth shouldn't be left out. I'm doubtful of Lucina's appearance at this point and I dunno if that would degrade her as a character. I think several posters on this board agree that "Alt. costumes are a step down from clones."

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I think it'd be a frightening concept to be able to change Marth into Lucina, but I'm not against it. Maybe like an unlockable costume?

[collapse=Fire Emblem: Awakening spoiler]I mean I figure since she's "Marth" anyways it shouldn't be an issue of identity, like Chrom turning into Lyndis for example.[/collapse]

I keep coming back to this, so I'm gonna say it again. Six color palette for Marth, six color palette for Lucina. Put them in the same design, make Lucina hard to unlock. Think of it like Brawl, where it can go from Biker Wario to Warioland Wario.

Clebus

Smash Journeyman
I think it'd be a frightening concept to be able to change Marth into Lucina, but I'm not against it. Maybe like an unlockable costume?

[collapse=Fire Emblem: Awakening spoiler]I mean I figure since she's "Marth" anyways it shouldn't be an issue of identity, like Chrom turning into Lyndis for example.[/collapse]

I keep coming back to this, so I'm gonna say it again. Six color palette for Marth, six color palette for Lucina. Put them in the same design, make Lucina hard to unlock. Think of it like Brawl, where it can go from Biker Wario to Warioland Wario.
I support this wholeheartedly. Along every game, more costumes = higher tier placement, ignoring 3 characters with 6 in melee and pikachu in brawl, the only with 4. So this could be a great way to ensure he again has high tier placement.

For SSB (All characters have 4 in 1v1s, but I counted additional colors that can be used in 2v2s [Yoshi counts as a 4 because 2 are only used by Yoshi Team]).
Average tier list placing for characters with 4 costumes: 6.8571.
Average tier list placing for characters with 5 costumes: 6.5.
Average tier list placing for characters with 6 costumes: 4.
For Melee:
Average tier list placing for characters with 4 costumes: 14.9.
Average tier placing for 5 costumes: 11.6154.
Average tier placing for 6 costumes: 17, but there are only 3, so we can't be too sure about it.
For Brawl, only 6 characters don't have 6 costumes, but I'll compile some data anyway.
Average tier placing for characters with 4 costumes (just Pikachu): 8.
Average tier placing for characters with 5 costumes (Jigglypuff, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, and Sonic): 24.5.
Average tier placing for characters with 6 costumes (Everyone else but Zelda/Shiek, who I didn't count): 19.387.
Average tier placing for characters with 12 costumes (Wario): 10.
So you see, it's clear. On average, except for the 3 peskies with 6 costumes in Melee and Brawl Pikachu, more costumes = better average tier placement.

Commander

Smash Ace
Sakurai only put in alt costumes for characters with multiple iconic looks. Lucina is not an iconic look for Marth. She also does not fight like Marth, she fights like Chrom, so it would be weird to see her suddenly fighting like Chrom. My other big problem with this suggestion is that Lucina doesn't actually look like Marth and people just band wagon around the fact that she used his name. This is Marth:

This is Lucina's Marth:

The only place where they have any similarities is in their hair and the little seal on their capes.
You can see she actually dresses much closer to Chrom than Marth:

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
I'm surprised I'm getting a lot of hate from this, it was merely a suggestion, it's really is just up to Sakurai, all I'm doing is putting up possibility that might happen or might not, I don't know, it just seems like I'm the minority here, I wasn't really suggesting that it must here, just that it's a possibility, really. If you guys really don't like the idea, fine by me, I'm just putting up a possible speculation.

Commander

Smash Ace
I'm surprised I'm getting a lot of hate from this, it was merely a suggestion, it's really is just up to Sakurai, all I'm doing is putting up possibility that might happen or might not, I don't know, it just seems like I'm the minority here, I wasn't really suggesting that it must here, just that it's a possibility, really. If you guys really don't like the idea, fine by me, I'm just putting up a possible speculation.
What hate? The poll is majority in favor of your idea.

Off topic: Why "Emblemnier" when Awakening spelled it "Emblemier", nice avatar btw.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
What hate? The poll is majority in favor of your idea.

Off topic: Why "Emblemnier" when Awakening spelled it "Emblemier", nice avatar btw.
Accidentally, misspelled it because back when I joined I always forgot to check my spelling mistakes. Oh Well, It bothered me for a while, but I just had to deal wit it. If I ever become a Premium Member I'll fix it. :p

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
Sakurai only put in alt costumes for characters with multiple iconic looks. Lucina is not an iconic look for Marth. She also does not fight like Marth, she fights like Chrom, so it would be weird to see her suddenly fighting like Chrom. My other big problem with this suggestion is that Lucina doesn't actually look like Marth and people just band wagon around the fact that she used his name.
It's mostly the fact that Marth's actual appearance in the game's DLC does look like Lucina.

Commander

Smash Ace
It's mostly the fact that Marth's actual appearance in the game's DLC does look like Lucina.
I'm aware of that, but that design does not appear in Sm4sh and it isn't canon to begin with. That design only exists to justify the reuse of Lucina's model for Marth.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
I'm aware of that, but that design does not appear in Sm4sh and it isn't canon to begin with. That design only exists to justify the reuse of Lucina's model for Marth.
That's what I was going for. Most people want to see Lucina as a Marth alt because both Lucina and Marth share the same outfit in Awakening (regardless of canon).

I would to see hate alts that are completely different characters (unless it's notorious that the character is actually dressing up like the other), but I'd love to see Awakening Marth as an alt.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
Only problem with Lucina being a Chrom alt is that Lucina would have to be as heavy as and fit the same model as Chrom... though I guess that doesn't matter if it doesn't makes sense. Lucina fits Marth's model much better though. Who knows though, I just want Lucina to be in smash so i'll play whatever alt she becomes if she gets in :D

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
I think they should put Ike and Marth both into Smash 4, but have Lucina as an alt for Marth and Chrom as an alt for Ike. That way everyone is happy and no space on the roster is wasted.

Commander

Smash Ace
I think they should put Ike and Marth both into Smash 4, but have Lucina as an alt for Marth and Chrom as an alt for Ike. That way everyone is happy and no space on the roster is wasted.
Alt costumes shouldn't be other characters. Also Chrom doesn't fight like Ike and Lucina doesn't fight like Marth. Lucina isn't deserving of being more than a trophy in sm4sh.

Pheta Ray

Smash Ace
Well that much has been established.

But does Chrom really play that differently than Ike? I mean, give me an example with a ratio. Like, Ike is to Chrom as Snake is to Jigglypuff.

Commander

Smash Ace
Well that much has been established.

But does Chrom really play that differently than Ike? I mean, give me an example with a ratio. Like, Ike is to Chrom as Snake is to Jigglypuff.
The only thing Chrom has in common with Ike is that they share the skill aether, however the way aether actually happens is very different between the two. Chrom jumps at his enemy with a very short, very forward arc for the first hit of aether and then runs at them with the sword for the second. Ike instead has his first hit be the up special you see in Brawl and then follows it with an upward swing. The only thing they really have in common is the mechanics of Aether, and blue hair.

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
No, I think costumes should be costumes, not different characters. If you go to the effort of changing the voice, announcer voice, models, hitboxes and on screen text why not just make them a separate character and if anything I wanna see his melee/brawl design as an alt costume

Morbi

Scavenger
I am surprised that I didn't respond to this thread yet. Lucina is probably my favorite Fire Emblem character, I just want her in the game. She can be Masked Marth, she can be a costume for Chrom, she can be his tag-team partner, she can be an assist trophy, I don't really care. I just want her in the game. ;)

I would prefer if voice-acting was involved, but it isn't entirely necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom