• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stuff that happened this smash filled weekend

Mith_

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=867]stuff that happened this weekend[/drupal]

Disclaimer: This is just me typing. Correct grammar is not used. I tried my best not to wall of text crit you. Thank you.

i went to spend the night at my cousins house friday. i really didn't want to go but w/e. when i got there me my cousin and brother were playing some smash (cousin + brother are casual. well my brother just started playing about 2 days ago but yea)then more friends showed up to stay the night. ok so this would be worth my while. smash with a lot of people, epic lulz, etc. (the other ppl werent competetive but they were ok.)

it was really gay because we had to do ffa's too since there were 7 people. i really hate ffa's because i can never pick my main donkey kong because i get tossed around like a rag doll, and having a snake there EVERY TIME is NOT fun >.>

i turned on my brawl+ (more like melee 2.0 tbh) codes, because i like playing like that. others were like ok w/e lets give it a shot. the codes i had on were:

melee airdodge
12.5% hitstun
auto L-cancel
S-cancel
1.1x gravity (more grav = faster falling = moar comboz lol)
1.1x damage modifier (increased knockback but not damage, sort of like in melee, lets you kill quicker so matches wont be as long)
no tripping (obv)
unrestricted pause cam (lulz)

turns out nobody liked the codes. johns ensued.

melee airdodge: nobody johned because i guess nobody died from airdodging wrong lol. and other times they couldn't airdodge because of ----->

hitstun: "i can't recover from when i'm hit!" sakurai's plan prevailed. nobody liked when they got comboed from 0 to 40+%, and nobody really knew how to tech.

auto L-cancel: i guess nobody noticed lol. the ganondorf player never really daired and doesnt play enough to know ganon has lag on his aerials :p

s-cancel: nobody noticed that either i guess.

+gravity: some ppl liked it b/c it was less floaty, but the snake and ganon players didn't like that they couldn't jump as high.

+damage: snake's uncharged Fsmash can kill at 30% on D3. i was johning about this myself >.>

no tripping: no johns about it.

pause cam: we had a blast taking pics lol (wtf people enjoying stuff that has nothing to do with the real gameplay? sakurai prevails once again.)

well yeap so nobody liked the codes and i ended up taking them off. well with no hitstun D3 can chaingrab yay. so i picked D3 to counter my friends wario and he picked bridge of eldin (LOL at ppl not knowing about his CG) i had a blast CGing wario off of the stage. it was massive lulz for me but sad for the person on the receiving end. (zomg sakurai the person that got CGed wasn't so happy when they lost. how could you put that in the game when you don't want the loser to feel like they lost? 1 me 3 sakurai.)

i played my buddy's snake 1 on 1 and he said i was cheating for CGing since he couldn't escape it. i said w/e and beat him without it, but it was kinda weird because he didn't play like other competitive ppl i play with. he would up+B to the middle of the level and autocancel a Bair when he was recovering. snake is so gay i couldn't even punish it even though he would do the same thing over and over.

my brother now hates ssb because he kept losing that night. i told him he just started playing of course he would lose. although he just doesn't like losing to me. sibling thing i guess. he cant fathom the thought of me beating him at anything, he will SD before i can take his last stock. i try to make him learn from me but he wont. he thinks all of the characters suck, but he doesn't know them and I do thats why i always beat him.

well to wrap this ******** blog up:

-casual players don't like competetiveness
-causal players don't like team attack on, no matter how unfair it is with it off.
-casual players don't like chain grabs. i don't like them either but i don't pick snake/ganon/wario vs D3 lol.
-snake is gay
-snake's Fsmash will always hit in a ffa, and you will be left saying "that just happened", and you will more than likely die from it.
-man snake is so broken but casual players don't know that (maybe if he picked somebody other than snake lol, i wouldn't have even cared if he picked MK xD)
-don't ever pick your main in a FFA
-dont underestimate casual players
-for some strange reason, casual players LOVE final destination. they view it as a "no excuses" stage. the level is ok, but personally i get sick of hearing those songs and seeing that ******** background all day. and it is so gay in a FFA. battlefield or smashville please.
-at least we didnt fight on hyrule temple LOL.
-casual players don't know what they are doing. wario was at 200% and snake wouldn't utilt
just ftilt spam. he ended up losing to a fart lol.
-snake is gay
-i you can't take casual players too seriously. they don't really know as much as you do about their character (wth lol). playing as you normally do is too easy and going easy on them makes them feel bad since you are going easy on them.
-why do i have trouble straight pwning people who don't play that much (i hear melee doesn't have this problem.)
-i got falcon punched by my brother and lost wtf!
-casual players don't understand the concept of counterpicking.
-at least we didn't play with items on (except for smashballs once or twice when we were just chillin.)
-i want a ps3

tl;dr
ur bad and i haz good grammars. you have been reported to the staffs.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
"Casuals love final destination"? O_O
From all the casuals/scrubs I've been around (there's alot believe me), all i've heard was "HYRULE!!! NEW PORK!!! :) :) :)"

Mith_

Smash Champion
"Casuals love final destination"? O_O
From all the casuals/scrubs I've been around (there's alot believe me), all i've heard was "HYRULE!!! NEW PORK!!! :) :) :)"
well they were too busy drooling over FD hyrule went unnoticed thank God.
i was too busy picking bridge of eldin with dedede lol.

Blooqkazoo

Smash Journeyman
Everybody hates New Pork.

I'm pretty sure Sakurai didn't mean to have the CG in the game.
huh? I've never seen anyone sad after being CGed. They just laugh.
SAKURAI PREVAILS ONCE AGAIN!!!!

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Lol that was good read it, reminded me of how just last Saturday I was at a friends house, and it was me and some casual friends of mine. Played loads of Brawl, but I hated the fact that the matches could be close when they clearly weren't that good (yes, I'm a bad person). I carefully challenged them to Melee, they accepted, and epic Johning ensued. "Omg! This is stupid, once I get hit, I can't get back to the ground." "Don't get hit" "That's stupid, how do you expect me to do that?" "I'm doing a good job of it now..." Strange they complained more about my fastfalling than pillaring =\.

Conclusion: Melee skill gap > Brawl skill gap, Melee is teh sex when you're comboing.
Melee Falco and Marth > Brawl Falco and Marth
Roy is sexy, Mewtwo floats more then Brawl Zelda, and that's a lotta float.

Mith_

Smash Champion
Lol that was good read it, reminded me of how just last Saturday I was at a friends house, and it was me and some casual friends of mine. Played loads of Brawl, but I hated the fact that the matches could be close when they clearly weren't that good (yes, I'm a bad person). I carefully challenged them to Melee, they accepted, and epic Johning ensued. "Omg! This is stupid, once I get hit, I can't get back to the ground." "Don't get hit" "That's stupid, how do you expect me to do that?" "I'm doing a good job of it now..." Strange they complained more about my fastfalling than pillaring =\.

Conclusion: Melee skill gap > Brawl skill gap, Melee is teh sex when you're comboing.
Melee Falco and Marth > Brawl Falco and Marth
Roy is sexy, Mewtwo floats more then Brawl Zelda, and that's a lotta float.
YES!!! I so totally agree. Shouldn't us competitive players be able to 3 stock casual players? I am not satisfied with 2 stocks lol.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
YES!!! I so totally agree. Shouldn't us competitive players be able to 3 stock casual players? I am not satisfied with 2 stocks lol.
I know! We deserve to for our higher knowledge and appreciation of the skilled aspects of the game. Not "Pika! Pika! Pika! Pika!" and "Falcon Pawnch! Falcon Pawnch!". I can 3 stock them all with Meta Knight, and the icing on the cake is that they all think MK sucks. "He's like a weak, clunky version of Kirby". After I win "MK isn't good, you just spend too much time practicing as him..."
Moral of the story: when you play against casuals, act slightly ignorant, sandbag a bit, and don't try to get into any sort of intelligent discussion with them. I have no beef with the casuals who admit they can't play, but the "I will destroy you" kind deserve simple annihilation, with little intelligent input to help them improve, because it's a waste of time.

P.S. Falcon Punch spam is not a scrub tactic against M2K, it equals epic lulz.

Denzi

Smash Master
P.S. Falcon Punch spam is not a scrub tactic against M2K, it equals epic lulz.
I've three stocked my friends with this <_<

That should give you an idea of the skill level of the majority of people I know. I only have one friend who plays competitive smash, and we have the same main (Falco dittos suck :().

My favorite quote from one of my suckish friends would ave to be: "Why would you use the shield button? It sucks."

Yeah, that's what I have to deal with.

Mith_

Smash Champion
I've three stocked my friends with this <_<

That should give you an idea of the skill level of the majority of people I know. I only have one friend who plays competitive smash, and we have the same main (Falco dittos suck :().

My favorite quote from one of my suckish friends would ave to be: "Why would you use the shield button? It sucks."

Yeah, that's what I have to deal with.
I know a person that is like that. Guess who he uses. Ike lol.

I'm glad my family isn't like that.

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Must suck to have them johning like that. The people I play with just accept it how it is, they don't care if they're CG'd, (well, they probably do, but they don't complain) and realize that I'm so much better then them. =D

And the tl;dr part was better then the actual post. </3 Maxfire.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
I simultaneously find it funny and agonizing to play against scrubs. I remember playing a guy once who was convinced I was cheating because his hits weren't doing anything. After the match I explained what a spot-dodge was and why it meant he couldn't hit me :chuckle:

Mith_

Smash Champion
I simultaneously find it funny and agonizing to play against scrubs. I remember playing a guy once who was convinced I was cheating because his hits weren't doing anything. After the match I explained what a spot-dodge was and why it meant he couldn't hit me :chuckle:
I don't like playing against people not on my skill level because it makes me feel like I'm getting worse.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
It's fun sometimes just to see how far you've come. Anytime I get discouraged about my progress I play against people from back home and realize just how many light years ahead of most people I already am.

NintendoMan07

Smash Journeyman
I don't like playing against people not on my skill level because it makes me feel like I'm getting worse.
It's fun sometimes just to see how far you've come. Anytime I get discouraged about my progress I play against people from back home and realize just how many light years ahead of most people I already am.
I was about to say that I soo totally NEED this, until I realized what Mithx really meant by "not on my skill level". *sigh*

That and I'm not sure that comment'd make much sense.

Really, if people had match-up ratios, I'd be a 10:90 against most. I've never met a 50:50 or anything near that. <_<

Mith_

Smash Champion
I was about to say that I soo totally NEED this, until I realized what Mithx really meant by "not on my skill level". *sigh*

That and I'm not sure that comment'd make much sense.

Really, if people had match-up ratios, I'd be a 10:90 against most. I've never met a 50:50 or anything near that. <_<
I really didn't know how to word it.
They aren't BAD just not evenly matched with me.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Nintendo Man, you HAVE to stop putting yourself down. You will absolutely never get better if you say things like that. I know they're just words, but they have power. By putting yourself down, you plant that in your subconscious and you unintentionally make yourself worse.

Top Bottom