• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff that creeps you out.

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Animatronics. I was scared of them before FNAF. Its that they are portrayed to be living lovable mascots. (Most of the time) But now that Im older, I know whats real and fake. Knowing that they are machines, it freaks me out.

Foxus

Smash Ace
NNID
Greatfox1
Animatronics. I was scared of them before FNAF. Its that they are portrayed to be living lovable mascots. (Most of the time) But now that Im older, I know whats real and fake. Knowing that they are machines, it freaks me out.
I was wondering when that would come up. It scared the living **** out of me first time I played it, hasn't been that creeped out in years. Now we know how Chuck E Cheese really expresses his love....

ThatSmasherYouKnow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
link12014
3DS FC
3883-6073-2419
The internet creeps me out. There's so much stuff out there, you don't know what you'll find. Creepy images, anything really. It just creeps me out.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
The internet creeps me out. There's so much stuff out there, you don't know what you'll find. Creepy images, anything really. It just creeps me out.
I see...
Get bugs spray problem solved.
Raid is perfect example.
I was wondering when that would come up. It scared the living **** out of me first time I played it, hasn't been that creeped out in years. Now we know how Chuck E Cheese really expresses his love....
Behind the stage waiting for children...

ThirdDay

Smash Apprentice
NNID
toastyost
3DS FC
1934-1050-5329
Probably when I was about to drink something and reached for the cupboard. Then I grabbed a cup and looked inside, and I realized that there was a giant ferocious spider crawling out of the cup!

(Buddha)

The Old Chap
NNID
Buddhamitsu
3DS FC
0920-2087-1604
Im not really bothered about FNAF. Only the first game. Freddy's sprite looks strange. Thats it though.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm creeped out by some very unorthodox things, to say the least.

• Human feet; I can't even look at my own. I have to at least wear slippers.
  • Groups of holes or gashes: It's called "trypophobia", and it makes me feel like my skin's being ripped apart when I even see something as innocuous as, say, a cluster of anthills.
  • Adhesives such as stickers and tape: This comes from a disturbing trend when I was growing up where all my classmates kept eating them... *shudder*

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
I'm creeped out by some very unorthodox things, to say the least.
  • Groups of holes or gashes: It's called "trypophobia", and it makes me feel like my skin's being ripped apart when I even see something as innocuous as, say, a cluster of anthills.
This same thing bothers the life out of me. I get really, really itchy in the same situations. I don't even like looking at my laptop's speakers because of the way the holes are arranged >_>

You know what else is bad? INCONSISTENT FOOD TEXTURE. If I'm eating an omelet with green and red peppers and I bite into something that's just too 'squishy' to be egg or veggie, I'm gonna gag hard. Some types of sushi also have this problem for me, as well as biting into a piece of cartilage when you're eating chicken. My appetite dies so fast.

Last edited:

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
There are a few things that creep me out.
  • Spiders... I hate to admit it, but spiders are pretty scary. There was a huge red and brown one crawling along my bathroom wall last night. When I threw it in the toilet to flush it, it began to swim and try to crawl out of the toilet.
  • Has anyone seen the Evil Dead remake? I watched that movie alone a few years ago. I'm certainly not bothered at all by it anymore, but some scenes in that film were... cringeworthy.
  • People on stilts make me pretty uncomfortable. At a Halloween amusement park, people on stilts run and chase you around, screaming.
There are a lot more things; too many to write... but those are some of my main ones.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Probably when I was about to drink something and reached for the cupboard. Then I grabbed a cup and looked inside, and I realized that there was a giant ferocious spider crawling out of the cup!
I feel you. I remember a time when I was eating cereal with milk, and I found a dead horse fly in the cereal.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I have no aversion to insects or similar creatures. I find them quite adorable. Especially spiders, since my father brought me up to respect them rather than fear them. I will let a spider crawl over my hand whenever I pick it up to help it to safety.

I am also a fan of horror movies and stories, so I think I have quite a high threshold for fear, but there are a few things that creep me out. Despite my fondness for most insects, I find anything small and squirmy, like worms and maggots, to be utterly disgusting; I have a recurrent dream that my bed is full of worms, which prompts me to jump out of bed as soon as I wake up. Oddly enough, I don't mind slugs and snails, and I tend to help snails to safety too if I can.

To this day, I am afraid of the dark. For years I used to sleep with the television in my room on, to the extent that I couldn't sleep it it was turned off. Nowadays I can sleep in the dark if I need to, but I find the emptiness and the silence to be quite disconcerting. I don't know why. I reckon I just have an overactive imagination and I constantly play fearful scenarios in my head.

What disturbs me the most, of course, is the unexplained. I find it equally fascinating and creepy to consider that there are things that we as a species cannot explain; that there are innumerable ephemera, even in our everyday existences, that there is no rational explanation for. As a philosopher, I know that every question has its answer - I just wonder, sometimes, if it is a good idea to discover that answer.

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
I hate bugs. I'm fine with bugs like ants, bees, butterflies, etc. The harmless ones. There was this one time when I had a cicada in my shirt that crawled up into my hair. I would've passed out if the incident had lasted any longer.

I USED to be creeped out by redeads and wallmasters/floormasters a couple years ago, back when I would play MM and OoT all the time. I never found the redeads in Twilight Princess scary though. My old fear of redeads led to me throwing a metal fork into my friend's arm at one point. His brother did something, the lights were off, and I randomly threw a fork in the air. It just so happened that it hit his arm. He now has a scar.

That's all I can really think of at the moment.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
I hate bugs. I'm fine with bugs like ants, bees, butterflies, etc. The harmless ones. There was this one time when I had a cicada in my shirt that crawled up into my hair. I would've passed out if the incident had lasted any longer.
Bees are only harmless if you don't provoke them. It will sting you if it feels threatened, but because it dies when it does so (the stinger has a barb that gets stuck in the tissue of human skin when it connects, which causes the stinger to rip out the bee's abdomen when it pulls itself off of the victim), it will only do so in absolute self-defense.

Probably doesn't help to dissuade your fear of insects, but it's good to understand how fauna operates. If you respect the creature, then in most cases it will remain docile and do you no harm.

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
Bees are only harmless if you don't provoke them. It will sting you if it feels threatened, but because it dies when it does so (the stinger has a barb that gets stuck in the tissue of human skin when it connects, which causes the stinger to rip out the bee's abdomen when it pulls itself off of the victim), it will only do so in absolute self-defense.

Probably doesn't help to dissuade your fear of insects, but it's good to understand how fauna operates. If you respect the creature, then in most cases it will remain docile and do you no harm.
Yeah, I try my best to not provoke them, and I also try to stay away from them as much as possible, out of a small fear that I might accidentally provoke them by moving too quickly or suddenly.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Yeah, I try my best to not provoke them, and I also try to stay away from them as much as possible, out of a small fear that I might accidentally provoke them by moving too quickly or suddenly.
Bees don't really get provoked easily, you're okay. It's only if you tried to swipe at it or the bee felt you were a threat to the hive that it would go kamikaze on you. Bees will happily let you watch them collect pollen or crawl on your hand if you reach out to it. As long as you treat it with respect, bees are very friendly.

Wasps, on the other hand, will sting you without prejudice. It usually won't if you just don't bother it, but if it feels that you're a threat, it will fight back.

Every creature has a self-defense mechanism that you need to respect. Most creatures you'd find in your house are totally harmless, but remember that the creature doesn't mean to antagonise you: it's just concerned for its own safety. I had a mouse bite me yesterday when I rescued it from my cat. It didn't mean to be nasty by that, it was just on full alert and felt that, when I picked it up, it was at risk of being injured further.

Cats can be mean, though. Cats scratch you just as much to tell you it doesn't want to play with you as to defend itself.

Duplighost

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-5360-8490
Bees don't really get provoked easily, you're okay. It's only if you tried to swipe at it or the bee felt you were a threat to the hive that it would go kamikaze on you. Bees will happily let you watch them collect pollen or crawl on your hand if you reach out to it. As long as you treat it with respect, bees are very friendly.
Yeah, and I am guilty of not thinking of that at times. I'm going to try not to stray off topic too much, but on one occurence a bee was crawling up my shirt, and making it's way to my shoulder. I wasn't sure what to do, so I swiped at it to make it fly off. It held onto my shirt regardless. I didn't want to hurt it, so I didn't swipe too hard. It was beginning to make its way onto my neck, so instinctively I flicked it away. I wonder why some bees (or any insect for that matter) jump onto humans for no particular reason.

This isn't very important, but I decided to share it I guess.

I had a mouse bite me yesterday when I rescued it from my cat.
Ouch! Was it a domesticated mouse? If not, you may want to clean the bit and get that checked out. Rats can carry lots of diseases, and generally not the cleanest of creatures.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Ouch! Was it a domesticated mouse? If not, you may want to clean the bit and get that checked out. Rats can carry lots of diseases, and generally not the cleanest of creatures.
It was a field mouse, it happens a lot out here.

Didn't hurt, it just barely drew blood. I was more concerned with rescuing the poor creature than any damage it may have done to me. I did wash the cut just to be safe.

ELITEWarri0r115

Smash Ace
It was a field mouse, it happens a lot out here.

Didn't hurt, it just barely drew blood. I was more concerned with rescuing the poor creature than any damage it may have done to me. I did wash the cut just to be safe.
Dem' little suckers can be evil. What happened to the cat afterwards? (This story highly sparked my interest.)

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Dem' little suckers can be evil. What happened to the cat afterwards? (This story highly sparked my interest.)
Well, my mother and I looked out of the window to see the cat pawing at something. We went out and realised she'd found a (very terrified) mouse. She evidently intended it as an offering, because she let us pick it up and help it over the wall into the neighbouring field. The cat wandered off to murder something else.

She found a second mouse a few minutes later, but we managed to intervene before it met its end. Cat is a little huntress, she murders every damn thing she can find.

EDIT: WHY CAN'T I GRAMMAR TODAY.

Last edited:

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Spiders. Big, hairy, horrible spiders... Oh, and blood.

Wintropy

NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
Clowns of all things. I understand their purpose, but why make them THAT creepy?
There's a theory that coulrophobia (the fear of clowns) is a response to the unnatural, pseudo-human nature of a clown's makeup. During development, small children learn to recognise facial patterns as an evolutionary method of determining members of its own species; thus, an edifice that looks like a human face, but which we innately understand isn't a human face, disturbs us on a primal level. It's the primordial instinct to fear what could disguise itself as our own kind, since in nature, that kind of stealth tactic is typically used to trick and subsequently harm members of the victim species.

The phenomenon is known as "Uncanny Valley" in the fields of robotics and psychology. The theory is that, as the resemblance of an entity (originally a machine, but it can be taken to mean any physical entity, including a clown's makeup) to a human being increases (the X axis), so does the observer's comfort with the entity (the Y axis) - however, there is a point at which the entity's resemblance to a human being reaches a "critical mass" on the Y axis, where the observer's comfort with the entity on the X axis plummets dramatically. It becomes "too human" to be really human, to the extent that it triggers an innate fear instinct, before it reaches the point on the X axis where the resemblance is so great that it must be human, and the chart on the Y axis returns to its apex. This profound dip in the chart is known as the "Uncanny Valley".

So if you're freaked out by clowns, don't worry, it's a totally natural phenomenon. It's among the most common fears in the world, to the extent that it's nearly weirder to feel comfortable in the presence of clowns than it is to be disturbed!

I personally love clowns, but I'd be more referring to the cute theatrical clowns like the Harlequin than the weird Bozo-esque red-nosed nightmares~

BrutalAudino

Smash Rookie
I have the worst possible phobia combination: kenophobia and claustrophobia. That means that no matter how closed or wide the place is, I'm creeped out. My kenophobia is triggered more often than my claustrophobia though. (except when I go take a shower in the middle of the lonely and silent night; I have to stay in the corners of the shower lmao)
I mean, LOOK AT THIS!

TimeChain

Smash Apprentice
NNID
777brawlfan
3DS FC
4484-9816-4641
I have a lot of fears but of notable one is definitely the dark. Specifically when I'm sleeping alone with the lights off. Throughout the years however, I am slowly starting to overcome this fear, but it still haunts me. I remember that day. I was on the Internet and I was playing this flash game. I lost all my lives and the game over screen was a bunch of ghosts coming up to the screen with my protagonist screaming in agony as it washes the screen up with blood before revealing the words: 'GAME OVER." WHAT THE F***?! AND THIS WAS ON A KID'S WEBSITE?! And because of that, before I go to sleep, I always made sure that my lights were on.

Sünta

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sünta_Foot
3DS FC
2234-7187-3957
In gaming, Seahats from windwaker. They're the reason why I didn't beat that game. Also my wii ever doing this:
Oh, and I also heard that there is a glitched enemy in resident evil 4 that when it grabs you, it plays every single sound file and the game crashes. That sounds like the ultimate jumpscare

ixos

Smash Apprentice
NNID
coolniceae27
3DS FC
2766-9576-6857
I thought of another thing that "creeps" me out (I say "creeps" because I don't know if that's the correct word for this or not.)

Ever since taking Krav Maga and knowing some other self defense type things, I've been REALLY paranoid about everything. At night, I keep thinking that someone is trying to break into my house, automatically thinking every sound I hear has something to do with that. And when I'm out in public, I never stop looking around my surroundings. That's probably a good thing, but I can't get to sleep as easily as I could before.

I don't really know if this classifies as "creeping" me out or not.

MOI-ARI

Smash Ace
NNID
TAISH0U
3DS FC
3523-2502-7558
When i first heard of this a few years ago it genuinely creeped me out!
image.jpg <-- (screen shot, and file close-up)
If you haven't heard of it, look up 'HellValleySkyTree'. Preferably at night with the lights shut off. ^_^

But yeah the gist of it is that, there's a level in Mario Galaxy 2 called ShiverBurn galaxy, where throughout the entire level if you use the First-person view camera and look up and to the right, you see these weird creepy, still creatures looking down at you.

You never fight these in the game and ther is no mention of them in the game anywhere. Other than in the game data files where its file Texture name is 'HellValleySkyTree' found and confirmed by many data miners.

I remember hearing this so long ago and it still consistently spooks me more than anything.

2spooky4me

Last edited:

Burgy

Minion Lover <3
NNID
BurgySama
3DS FC
2766-9016-5287
I have a couple of irrational fears I'd like to mention.
My first and biggest one is a weird phobia called trypophobia. Basically I get extremely uncomfortable and disgusted by...patterns of small holes. Apparently, it's not an "officia" phobia, but I can attest to having it.
It's hard to explain, so here's an easy, non-offensive example - beehive.

I've always been disturbed by seeing beehives and anything with a pattern similar to them. I have no idea why though. Even certain things like a series of bullet holes will make me uneasy.
They do not have to be round holes, by the way, or completely hollow. Basically an series of depressions on a surface makes me uneasy.

My other fear? Oh, that's ghosts. Not afraid of zombies at all, but despite not believing in them at all, ghosts disturb me 9 times out of 10.
Scared of golf balls?

D

Deleted member

claustrophobia D:

Last edited by a moderator:

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
Does anyone remember the Ghost boss from Sonic Adventure Battle 2 (King Boomboo?)?

Yeah... I couldn't beat the game until 5 years later xD

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Back when I did volunteer work for the BLM. I came across a few things in rural Nevada that were pretty creepy.

One thing I remember were these shot up mannequins hanging from the trees like lynched bodies.

Weirdest **** I've seen on that job, hell I thought they were real at first. x.x

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
20 year olds who hit on younger girls and get mad when rejected

Top Bottom