• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stuff~Probably old

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I was messing around before I left today, and it looks like Down Smash, SH FF One hit Fair, Down Smash, SH FF one hit Fair, repeat can chain Snake and Falco (didn't try it on anyone else) pretty high. It looks inescapable, but it probably isn't, and it worked until like 80% in practice mode. It looks like they can DI out of it pretty quickly, but it might be worth looking into. I tested it against a level 9 and he didn't get out until like 110%

I also found that you can hit R.O.B. with a buffered bair out of a foot stool. It's a good way to finish her infinite. Not really that useful, just something to know. Probably already known, but I couldn't find it anywhere. :3

You can Jump and Plasma Wire under the stage and hit edge guarders and then wall jump and re grab the edge.

Again, probably all old news except the first one, but oh well.

Blakmane

Smash Apprentice
Have you tested the first one with a real opponent? There are multiple ZSS 'combos' on the AI which just don't work on people with any shred of DI sense, such as the downsmash -> upB combo which destroys AI.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I don't have anyone to test it on, wifi isn't reliable. Your only hitting with the first hit and then Fast Falling. It's worked pretty well on CPUs... It can be DI'd out of eventually, but it looks like theres enough hit stun after the fair to land the D smash without them being able to Air Dodge. It's kind of like Falcon's nair canceling. I'll try to get up a video. :3

zApollo

Smash Ace
Well, d-smash to footstool then platform cancel to descending f-air 1 is a good lock set up for large characters on Smashville. Very situational though.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
I tried it on Fox. It "looks" like it works but my guess is Fox can jump.
Yeah. I have no one to test it on that can DI for ****. Nair also works (you have to jump behind them and FF Nair). I haven't tested it out of practice mode, but I'm guessing even if stale (why you would have a stale Nair at any point in a match, idk) it can only do 40% max to fast fallers and maybe some fattys.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
SFP i'm pretty sure when we did the lulsy wifi testing last summer we found that fair 1 can't combo into anything, it was at the same time we were testing if flubbed dash attack was useful at all

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Yes, but we were doing it really close to the ground. To get this affect, you have to do it on tall characters and near the top of their hurtbox.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Why would the height matter though, it's still the same hitbox, which means same hitstun. Or do you mean you're not doing the laggy landing?

ThreeSided

Smash Ace
Right, the landing
But wouldn't that mean that the second hit would have to come out? And wouldn't that just hit them?

Nair also works (you have to jump behind them and FF Nair). I haven't tested it out of practice mode, but I'm guessing even if stale (why you would have a stale Nair at any point in a match, idk) it can only do 40% max to fast fallers and maybe some fattys.
Also FYI, you can do this combo with Nair1, and it works fine, so you don't have to jump behind them. Plus, I believe you can get this twice in a row on most characters at 0%.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
Nair 1? Sorry, I'm new to the ZSS boards, but I thought Nair had one hitbox. Are you saying Nair 1 is what hits in front of her and Nair 2 what hits behind her? If so, it looks like you can chain three with "Nair 2" if you jump just a little bit behind them (almost on top of them) and then FF the nair. I've only been able to use "Nair 1" to get two hits maximum and it looks like they can just jump out of it. Unless I'm doing it wrong. When I hit with "Nair 2" it either sends them up a small distance in front of me, and they just miss touching the ground before I Down Smash them, or it sends them high up and with DI the Down Smash is nowhere close. Actually, it looks like theres at least four trajectories, probably more. The one I'm liking sends them through you and they're touching you or just a little bit in front of you. I'm going to have to mess around with it some more. "Nair 1" too, I don't think it has as many, though. It might take me awhile. I'm pretty busy with things other than brawl and I've been trying to master Hylian's Desynch and BDACUS lately too. I also used Plasma Whip in a match and it sent a Snake right in front of me instead of pushing him into the sweet spot or past it. I haven't been able to recreate it though. I don't know how useful it would be anyway. Probably can't follow up because the ending lag.

Zero

Smash Hero
Nair does only have one hitbox. It was recently demonstrated that it only had one hitbox. However, we used to believe that it had 3 seperate hitboxes.

Deathfox30

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't look like you can D smash without them jumping out with "Nair 1". I've been testing "Nair 2" and it looks like you can get in 3 hits before they can DI out. Even if they DI down I don't think they can shield before you D smash if you get the right trajectory. I can't test this though. :/ I tried testing it using Peach's Nair, but it was a pretty said attempt. Wifi is just horrible for testing.

Top Bottom