• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stress, and how it realtes to a 15 year old kid.

WilldaBeast

Smash Apprentice
Link to original post: [drupal=802]Stress, and how it realtes to a 15 year old kid.[/drupal]

Stress. It's a funny thing isn't it? A really simple problem with no real solution. I've always been interested in neurology, but stress has peaked my interest recently because of a few reasons.

First off, I'm not doing good. Plain and outright, I think for the next two weeks, I'm going to be a different person, and its really my own fault, though to be specific it is because of things I enjoy, but they're taking over my life.

My high-school play. Its awesome, were doing 12 Angry Jurors, a bit of a twist of an old movie called 12 Angry Men, and I'm in it, which is fine. Here is where the problems start. My teacher is pulling me out of classes for the play and it's causing my marks to suffer. This is making me stressed out because I'm not a Straight-A student by any means.

And then theirs people, people make me angry, not all people but some people, people I cannot stand. Like my teacher/director for the play, he get's mad if you want to eat at lunch instead of selling tickets, he wants my grade 10 drama class to do an ancient Greek production of Oedipus Rex. He thinks were ready for this, but I'm on 15, I don't know how to deal with it.

Then theirs my Grandpa, my Mom and more recently, myself. My Grandfather is dying and I'm not ready to deal with that, I've known him all my life and been very close to him, so what will I do without him? And my Mom has been in pain for a long time because of kidney stones.

My medical problems start now. Because of all this stress I've been having nausea, diarrhea, and SIX ulcers in my mouth. I can't talk, eat, drink or anything, which I suppose is why I'm writing this. I've been fine up until now, but last week, when my stress began to settle in, I began having all these problems.

Isn't that interesting, how things that you think about can wreck your immune system? Things that don't even seem to matter can get you feeling so awful? Well I find it strange.

I think the only things keeping my sane are two things; One, Brawl. If I did not have brawl with me I would be so stressed, its the only way I can relax these days it seems. I just fire up the wii, grab the controller and play for maybe an hour and it just calms me down.

The second, is Romina. She's amazing. I can't even describe how simply awesome she is. Well I'll give you a back story, one of my best friends went to a camp last year with a bunch of people from other schools in the area and met a girl named Jana. Jana then introduced another one of my best friends to a girl named Jenn, who they are now going on 6 months dating, but anyways in September I was supposed to go the this fair with them and my other friend to meet Jenn's friend Amanda, who at the time seemed so perfect for me, even I thought so. But when I went to go meet her, I could hold up a conversation but it just wasn't interesting, so I talked to her friend, Romina, who is pretty shy and secluded but when I talked to her, I started just getting that feeling, I' sure you know it.

So after I started talking to her on MSN and Facebook and all the stuff high-schoolers do, and I honestly started to talk to her more, and more and more to the point where it was every day for at least 5 hours or more. So I finally got the courage to ask her on a date and she said yes, I can't describe how happy I was that day. So we haven't gone out yet, but that will be this weekend :D

Here's where more stress comes in; There's this girl, I hate her, every part of her moral being. She likes me, in that sort of way, and she keeps hugging me and trying to flirt and I just shoot her down, not politely either, I'm not nice like that. Then I find out that another girl on the improv team also likes me and I'm like what the ****. SO I have to shoot down 2 girls eventually, but it's not all bad because no one will take me away from Romina, I honestly love her, I've known her for three and a half months, and I think I love her? Sounds foolish but I've never felt this way before.

I'm sure your wondering why I'm writing this and honestly I just need to get it off my chest and out there so maybe, just maybe, someone, somewhere will appreciate it. I suppose that all I have to say, so this may be my first blog but it won't be my last, that's for sure.

Will
*Salutes*

matt4300

Smash Ace
Good read ^_^ your life sounds like some kinda highschool drama show... made me feel better about my life XD no offence ofcouse

zrky

Smash Lol'd
That was an interesting read, no offense to you at the very least, but im glad that that doesn't happen to me, some people say it's my name:ohwell: I mean the reason why people never do bad things to me or are rude and such, and also my luck with things.

Icy King

Smash Rookie
Yeah I know how it is; I have to deal with losing all my old friends, the death of family members, adjusting to a new town, school subjects I have no interest in, and a girl. Now, don't get me wrong, I have no particular like for this girl AT ALL! So what's so bad about it..? Thing is, she constantly is around me. I ate in the cafeteria on the first day of school (no friends in Grade 11 in a new school isn't the most fun thing) and she sat beside me, I didn't want anyone to come sit with me -_- .

So then I start eating lunch in a club room, away from her, and she FOLLOWS ME!! (stalker much?) She doesn't strike up any sort of conversation at all unless it's just me and her alone in a room/the hallway, and even then, all it is is a simple "hey". Then out of the blue, she asks me to a dance... (uhhh no??) and just this friday she asked me to go formal with her?!?! (I don't even like you why are you following me!) Oh and to top it all of, *politely* she needs to shower and diet.

High-School life is pretty bad, 'eh? :p

ndayday

stuck on a whole different plaaaanet
BRoomer
Hm, I think it's safe to say I'm stressed too, and you're right...Brawl makes me get rid of it. It's like I'm in a completely different place. When I'm mad, I play Melee though, it's just really satisfying when I start wavedashing and SHFFLing all over the stage, it just relieves my anger in a way that hitting something would never equal.

I don't suffer any ailments from being stressed though, so I suppose I'm lucky compared to you. Sorry about your grandpa and mother too, my grandma and grandpa aren't doing so well themselves and I never have dealt with a death so it'll be a hard but neccesary experiance in my life. Just know people care about you no matter how bad it is. (I wish I could take my own advice)

Tennet

Smash Champion
How ironic last year (my 10th grade year) i had the ulcer thing, i feel you pain man it sucks couldn't eat for about a week...all were on my tongue too.

mzink*

Smash Ace
Smash is excellent for stress relief for me. It really helps a lot. When I triumph in smash it helps me gain confidence that I'll be able to triumph in other obstacles.

Anyway, glad you've got a special girl to bring a little happiness and relief to your life through the tough times.

Dolente

Smash Cadet
Good day, Wildabeast, I hope that you are doing a little better. I know that it might seem like the position of a (comperably) old person like myself is hopelessly out of touch with the way you feel and respond, but even though I'm a psychologist, I'm only twenty-one, so I still remember high school fairly well. First of all, you should take a step back and realize that everyone who didn't live in a bubble for their entire adolescence has had an experience akin to yours, with a seemingly overwhelming amount of stress. In this light, everyone can tell you their story to help you through it, but I would encourage you to look at it from this perspective: What you are enduring right now, at this very moment, will make you profusely more prepared for truly momentous events in your life than someone who has not had to experience it. I know that it is cliche, but whatever doesn't kill you will make you stronger. I went through my share of stressful weeks in high school, but I always came out for the better. Of course, in retrospect, many of them could have or should have been avoided, but I was always sure to take away the lesson. It is a universal phenomenon of adolescence that you begin to view your life in this way - just try to take a step back and realize that, ten years from now, this will be but a small lesson in the long, long life you have ahead of you.

Top Bottom