• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS Street Smash thoughts

Do you like the mode?

• Yes, I do like Street Smash

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • No, I hate Street smash

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I don't hate Street Smash, but I don't like it, it's just meh

Votes: 6 75.0%

• Total voters

UltimateXsniper

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5198-2617-9626
Hey guys. There is a reason why I am bringing this topic up. I noticed no one really talks about this exclusive mode for 3ds. We have people thinking that Smash Tour on Wii U is the worst mode of smash yet. While I am one of those people, I still have to admit that Street Smash still doesn't get many mentions whether it's good or bad.

But enough about that, I want to share some thoughts about this mode. Personally, this is the most "meh" mode I have ever seen in smash. It is a lot different to your normal smash gameplay. This is where you choose whatever character token you want (Doesn't change anything to the gameplay) and battle other people using street pass. The gameplay of it is you are on a top-down layout knocking other tokens out. You have your charge attacks and your sheilding and dodging abilities. The problem with that however is that it seems the player can only do that, while your opponents only know how to attack which makes things too easy for you.

You can get prizes for winning but you can easily get the prizes playing single player modes. The whole mode itself is not bad, but not good. It sorta goes "meh". Another problem is how you probably will never touch the mode again once you complete the challenges for it even if you get street passes.

The mode is so pointless that there is really nothing you will benefit from other modes. It's simple, but you might as well play actual smash than this. I don't hate the mode, I don't like it, but you can easily Ignore the mode. It's just... there and I cant really say more about the mode. Out of all modes of smash, you can give the mode the least attention.

So what are your thoughts about the mode? Do you like it, do you not? Is it a waste of space or something fun and different?

popsofctown

Smash Champion
It's pretty disappointing. No information from the person you streetpassed is used, streetpassing any warm body gets you permission to fight a CPU for a few coins. A high score swapping feature for streetpass would have been way more valuable and would have taken less time. Even simply getting a 100 coins everytime you street pass someone instead of having the entire minigame would have been better, no one would be compelled to play a scaled down minigame that the devs didn't seem to have joy in creating and players don't get joy out of playing.

I still play it since I can't rule out the possibility that it somehow can drop some sort of awesome equipment, since the random factors dictating how drops are determined is hidden. :(

As an aside, it reminds me of the top-down mode from Kirby's Air Ride, and actually completes a trinity of Classic Mode/Smash mode matches with Air Ride mode, Smash Run matches with City Trial Mode, Streetsmash matches with topdown mode. Top Down mode in air ride also required simplifications that made it the least compelling mode and was everyone's least favorite too... but wasn't trimmed back to this extent. I wonder if Sakurai created Streetsmash the way he did as the same kind of nostalgia or reference.

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
Huh I didn't actually know you could dodge or shield, I just kept moving around and attacking. I think it's an okay mode with nothing in it that special. It is a simple game to play, but there should be more to it that just ramming into your opponents. An option to add friends or adding custom move/mii outfit prizes would've been nice.

Top Bottom