• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Street Pokemon -- The reality.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Source: http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86005

Like, long story short: this is one chaotic metagame where Pokemon with Mimic and subsequently Assist are absolutely unlimited in their potentials with the most ridiculous stuff you could ever imagine. To provide a couple examples.

No Guard Machamp @ Leftovers
Sheer Cold | Mach Punch

Mewtwo @ Life Orb
Tail Glow | Psycho Break | Aura Sphere

Simple Bibarel @ Focus Sash
Shell Break | Quick Attack | Sacred Fire | Earthquake

Chansey @ Evolution Stone
Cotton Guard

Flareon @ Choice Band
Sacred Fire | Extremespeed | Earthquake

Everything could have Spore. Everything could have Shell Break.

Eric The Espeon has also posted that he is willing to create a server for this "Street Metagame" which has only one set rule: There are no rules.

Discuss this limitless and insane idea of a metagame!

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
"this is the stupidest thing I've read in a very long time" is what I'd like to say, but I saw the smogon thread just a few minutes ago, therefore this is the stupidest thing I've read in a few minutes.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
"this is the stupidest thing I've read in a very long time" is what I'd like to say, but I saw the smogon thread just a few minutes ago, therefore this is the stupidest thing I've read in a few minutes.
Ahahaha, that may be true. But the sheer infinity of this style is quite ridiculous.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
FEAR Sudowoodo.

That is all.

EDIT: Sudowoodo can do this normally but under these rules he gets Ice Shard and Endeavor and he can be level 2.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
What you posted above brings to mind...

No Guard Machamp + Sheer Cold = GG.
Even better, Scarf it so it outspeeds more.

Tail Glow Mewtwo anyone?

This sounds amazing. I'd totally play. x]

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
hahah, sturdy still survives no guard sheer cold, thats why scarf would be bad.
So perhaps no Scarf depending on the rest of your lineup. But DynamicPunch will still be good then, since the majority of Sturdy Pokemon are weak to Fighting moves.
Run a special attacker with Thunder(bolt) in case of Skarmory showing up.
Hrm...

Wrath`

Smash Master
I must say this is indeed a dumb idea, all it will boil down too is pick pokemon with best stats, slap power+ item and pick 4 great moves.

ss118

Smash Master
This isn't street pokemon. Wtf.

Street pokemon is just no clauses. This is like "true" pokemon, where even in-game glitches and **** is abusable.

Edit: Also, Slaking with Skill Swap + protect is just ewwwww.

Night-san

Smash Journeyman
This isn't street pokemon. Wtf.

Street pokemon is just no clauses. This is like "true" pokemon, where even in-game glitches and **** is abusable.

Edit: Also, Slaking with Skill Swap + protect is just ewwwww.
Mischevious Heart Erufuun would be helpful there, methinks. Or anything else that can Taunt.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
This is essentially "lets just throw the most abusive, cheap sets together all in one metagame and see what happens."

Terrible idea.

Pogogo

Smash Journeyman
the poison heal breloom would be op as ****. spore, sub, spore, sub. Anyone with spore in fact but breloom dishes out dmg too so. Also double team baton pass off a tank is just stupid. OHKO is moronic as well. The rules are not supposed to be limiting there supposed to allow for more options as to remove the op/******** ones. If you had a sheer cold machamp, everyone would use one. There's no variety. Evasion/sleep is the worst though. Sleep is the absolute worst.

@peeps who think erufuun is a counter. Focus punch. @ sudwoodo lover, gengar *****

ss118

Smash Master
I had fun, but that's because it's been pure offensive sets atm.

Spore is everywhere, as expected. Belly Drum + Extremespeed is a really obnoxious combo, and Shedinja gets a lot of love due to the lack of SR anywhere.

I'm about to play some more, just thought I'd give this though.

Top Bottom