• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strange Skrew Attack

_Pope_

Smash Cadet
This happened to me the other day while playing and i figured i would post it, seeing as how i have never seen it happen before. I'm assuming that ness somehow hit me after he got hit with initial start up of the attack, canceling the rest of the animation for me. i know its pretty much useless, but I was more curious than anything what could have knocked me out of the animation after ness was already hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nf8AYKuRXkA

Crystanium

Smash Hero
The Screw Attacks priority is not the same as it was in Melee. What happened was that you got hit by Ness' PK Thunder when you used the Screw Attack, and the two attacks clanked, which canceled your Screw Attack, but the initial frame of the Screw Attack hit Ness upward.

_Pope_

Smash Cadet
The Screw Attacks priority is not the same as it was in Melee. What happened was that you got hit by Ness' PK Thunder when you used the Screw Attack, and the two attacks clanked, which canceled your Screw Attack, but the initial frame of the Screw Attack hit Ness upward.
so it was only a partial clank? like samus' screw attack out prioritized the PK thunder, causing
ness to get hit, but his PK thunder still canceled out the rest of the move?

Werk!

Smash Rookie
More like... (total speculation)

Ness used PK-Thunder.

You used Screw Attack. Hit Ness. Began to rise up.

You collided with the PK-Thunder as you rose with the Screw Attack.

Those two attacks clanked. Screw Attack canceled.

Ness flew up, as he was caught in the initial hitbox of the Screw Attack before it clanked.

Reiterating stuff Dryn says is fun. :D

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
More like... (total speculation)

Ness used PK-Thunder.

You used Screw Attack. Hit Ness. Began to rise up.

You collided with the PK-Thunder as you rose with the Screw Attack.

Those two attacks clanked. Screw Attack canceled.

Ness flew up, as he was caught in the initial hitbox of the Screw Attack before it clanked.

Reiterating stuff Dryn says is fun. :D
no, you jsut made a mistake, Dryn had it right.
the initial frames of screw attack send the person flying upwords. first frames send opponent up then samus jumps and hits them. is how the screw attack works. thus Just read what dryn said :p

Top Bottom