• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Strange Olimar on Green Greens stage glitch

Pikminmaniac

Smash Cadet
I don't know if this is known, but when Olimar throws a pikmin at the breakable blocks in the Melee stage ,Green Greens, it just spins against the block in mid air. when an oponnent comes in contact with it, the pikmin latches on to them like normal. I call this move Pikmin Mines.

_N2

Smash Apprentice
..its not an advantage.

Once its stuck the only way to get it off is to break the block, you cant recall it any other way.

So you essentially give up a pikman for a "trap" that they can easily see and avoid, and even if they walk into it, it is no better than if you just threw it at them.

It is funny however to spin 6 whites against a block and have a character at zero walk into them, its about ~280 damage.

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
It is known and I managed to get that stage banned at a tournament because of that.
I'm sorry, but I'm a bit disgusted that this was ruled banned stage by who ever runs your tourney because of one characters minor glitch that is both a boon and a bane. especially on a widely regarded counter pick stage to begin with. We don't need so many banned stages.

keeper

Smash Champion
I'm sorry, but I'm a bit disgusted that this was ruled banned stage by who ever runs your tourney because of one characters minor glitch that is both a boon and a bane. especially on a widely regarded counter pick stage to begin with. We don't need so many banned stages.
I told them to ban it. It makes it so you can't have your **** pikmin or use the toss.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
What's really funny is if 2 Olimars do it. It can freeze the game.
I did it in training mode with 2 Olimars and my game didn't freeze. Anyway, this doesn't work with Yellow Pikmin. Purple ones will break the blocks. Too bad this barely has use. It would be nice as a situational edgeguard to have a Pikmin roll in case they land behind you, but I don't see this happening against anyone but people who don't know about this.

NyGGz

Smash Rookie
It works on spikes in custom stages also (you have to aim them right or they'll die)

Vayseth

Smash Master
It's known, but here are the specifics:

Only works with white, red and blue pikmin.

It's good to throw one or two up there just in case.

If you have them on the wall if someone walks over the platform they tend to still latch.

It's a great way to camp the center.

Any throw into them makes a throw do at least 30% (if you have 2 spinning).

I can't think of much else, but it's pretty nifty.

IcyLight

Smash Lord
I did it in training mode with 2 Olimars and my game didn't freeze. Anyway, this doesn't work with Yellow Pikmin. Purple ones will break the blocks. Too bad this barely has use. It would be nice as a situational edgeguard to have a Pikmin roll in case they land behind you, but I don't see this happening against anyone but people who don't know about this.
did you try having both olimars place all of their pikmin in the SAME spinning circle or 2 seperate ones?

peeup

Smash Lord
So does this make Green Greens a good Olimar stage (you can lay traps), or a bad Olimar stage (you can lose pikmin to traps)?

Puddin

Smash Lord
I'd say it could be good AND bad, you could lose Pikmin but they would always be there spinning, in a way it's like a Pikmin bank, store Pikmin there until you need them or until the opponent gets latched, you can easily go and break the block to recover your Pikmin. Of course if you were to fall one Pikmin short a recovery, you'd be pretty bummed you let the little guy spin. But making two spin is a fun trap for play with friends lol. Especially if they are the same color and so your opponent thinks there is only one but ends up with the double the damage they expected.

It really depends on how well you use this little glitch =\

And I guess you could use it to single out your Yellow and Purple Pikmin...for whatever reason you would want to do that, maybe some aerials or a humorous Up Throw KO...I dunno

BTW doing it with three Olimars makes the game freeze

Top Bottom