• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop the Debate "Melee lovers please read"

billywill

Smash Journeyman
Well if all you melee "supporters" think melee is more competitive then why don't you just go to the melee discussion and discuss melee. Stop coming into Brawl discussion talking about the reasons you think melee is more competitive, none of us who think Brawl is better really want to hear about it and are tired of it. We just wanna come into Brawl Discussion and read things brawl related. We don't want to see melee > Brawl) or Brawl is less competitive. So please just go into melee discussion. If I want to see the reasons why melee is better I don't wanna see it here.

"Nuff said"
End of Debate

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
Haha it's such a dumb debate. Who cares if you prefer Melee's gameplay to Brawl's... of course you do, Melee is the greatest game ever made. That doesn't mean that Brawl isn't a GREAT game. If I compared every game to Melee I'd never play any other video games. I play a lot of fighting games. Some of them definitely aren't as deep as Melee but who cares? Just play the games you think are fun or get on with your life.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
So you made another post regarding the issue that going to turn into the same debate over and over... it's no wonder these type of arugments never seem to stop.

billywill

Smash Journeyman
Agree'd even though melee is better then brawl and your just a noob.
Perfectly fine with me if you like melee better, it is a matter of opinion. I prefer Brawl that doesn't make me a noob. I could say your a noob for not even knowing the true definition of noob.

Scion

Smash Cadet
There should be a seperate "Melee Vs Brawl" section where everyone can complain and have pointless arguments, and every time someone opens a post they should be closed.

Doc Chronic

Smash Ace
So you made another post regarding the issue that going to turn into the same debate over and over... it's no wonder these type of arugments never seem to stop.
exactly, its ironic, these people think they are helping the situation, yet they are just fanning the flames even more. its like an endless cycle

you have to type /sarcasm or that is a normal statement on the interwebs
actually, i could feel his sarcasm come through with the "/sarcasm". its pretty implied in the context.

Kuroneko

Smash Apprentice
This is officially the Brawl part of SMASHboards. People who constantly say melee is better should start getting the ban-warnings. That would clear up this trash.

Galt

Smash Journeyman
Hi. Melee is better than Brawl. This is a discussion board, and that statement involves Brawl just as much as it does Melee--so it's just as reasonable to post it here as in the Melee board, maybe even more so, since outside of the Brawl forums everyone already knows Melee is better.

The end.

Edit: There is this myth common today that negative opinions are somehow less valid than positive opinions, that you shouldn't be able to speak unless you have something nice to say, that the worst sin you can commit is to offend someone or to assert that right answers exist. These things are stupid. Especially on a discussion forum.

Koga

Smash Journeyman
I agree with the OP. If you think melee is better go play melee. That's fine. Leave the brawl community alone to develop. Then we can see which has a bigger following and a deeper metagame. I've been testing things out and I'm seeing a lot of intracate deep issues that are awsome. I'll post my theorem once i have video abilities and when i'm finished.

I think the complaining is part of the brawl hater's strategy to MAKE brawl less competative by dividing the community and keep them form digging into the game and developing it

behemoth

Smash Journeyman
I agree with the OP. If you think melee is better go play melee. That's fine. Leave the brawl community alone to develop. Then we can see which has a bigger following and a deeper metagame. I've been testing things out and I'm seeing a lot of intracate deep issues that are awsome. I'll post my theorem once i have video abilities and when i'm finished.

I think the complaining is part of the brawl hater's strategy to MAKE brawl less competative by dividing the community and keep them form digging into the game and developing it
OMG, do you really think that there are people out there who sit around devising strategies to make brawl less competitive?

Yeah, and terrorists hate our freedom.

Jeez

ObeseNightmare

Smash Cadet
Hi. Melee is better than Brawl. This is a discussion board, and that statement involves Brawl just as much as it does Melee--so it's just as reasonable to post it here as in the Melee board, maybe even more so, since outside of the Brawl forums everyone already knows Melee is better.

The end.

Edit: There is this myth common today that negative opinions are somehow less valid than positive opinions, that you shouldn't be able to speak unless you have something nice to say, that the worst sin you can commit is to offend someone or to assert that right answers exist. These things are stupid. Especially on a discussion forum.
I agree with this guy just as much as I agree with the OP... but I personally like brawl better, but that's because I enjoy wifi.

Vijin

Smash Ace
Well if all you melee "supporters" think melee is more competitive then why don't you just go to the melee discussion and discuss melee. Stop coming into Brawl discussion talking about the reasons you think melee is more competitive, none of us who think Brawl is better really want to hear about it and are tired of it. We just wanna come into Brawl Discussion and read things brawl related. We don't want to see melee > Brawl) or Brawl is less competitive. So please just go into melee discussion. If I want to see the reasons why melee is better I don't wanna see it here.

"Nuff said"
End of Debate
The topic of Melee>brawl is a relevant topic for the forum. Some people wanted brawl to be better than melee, and to some, it simply isn't. If you don't want to read about it... don't enter the thread.

It's not that hard.

LouisLeGros

Smash Journeyman
Is the competitive merit of brawl not a proper topic for discussion on the general brawl discussion board?

Koga

Smash Journeyman
OMG, do you really think that there are people out there who sit around devising strategies to make brawl less competitive?

Yeah, and terrorists hate our freedom.

Jeez
not necessarily, But im sure because of their attachment to melee, or their disslike for the physics of brawl they keep ragging on it and anyone who supports it thus preventing new fresh players from taking a serious look at it and limiting its development. This helps them by preventing brawl from proving them wrong. And if someone does prove them wrong they just change the definitions and move the goal posts so that they remain in the right even thought they are wrong.

if you don't like brawl, fine. We have a melee board for you.

Top Bottom