• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop ruining the game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
I'm not saying you should stop playing Brawl competitively. What I'm saying is STOP ALL THE #$%@ING DEBATES! And I mean ALL of them.

Stop debating about whether Melee is better than Brawl. Stop debating about the tiers. Stop debating about how spammers can "win". I'm serious, it's ruining it for the rest of us. At least keep it away from the casual players that flood YouTube!

I was waching a YouTube vid, and among the comments was this:
"Ignorance of different gaming styles is probably the biggest social problem in the gaming world today.

I get so tired of competitive bull!%$@ on this game. >_>' So much so that I quit playing because it ruined it for me.

If I wanted competitive I'd be on Halo, because that happens to be the game I actually try to be the best at. "

You want to make the metagame better? Keep it amongst yourselves. The rest of us don't want to hear it.

Red Arremer

Smash Legend
Noone forces you to:
1.) Watch videos of competetive players/games/etc.
2.) Read comments from them.
3.) Read discussions about competetive aspects of the game.

So YOU can enjoy it, we should give up our own form of playing this game - respectively our own fun?

Wow.

Just saying that SWF actually is a place for competetive Smash gamers.

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
Dude your whining isn't going to make things better. If it was bothering you so much then why pay attention to them? Sure they're everywhere but it doesn't mean you have to read them and make it frustrating for yourself.

Follow your own word and keep your bickering to yourself.

Mods please close

Levitas

the moon
How dare we talk about things related to a competitive smash scene on a competitive smash board.

tl;dr-- that was one line, dude. Read it. For that matter, why are you reading this tl;dr which is clearly longer than the actual post. Come on.

But really, there's nothing preventing you from just ignoring whatever it is about debate that offends you. Debate is one of the key sources of productivity in forums like this. Telling people to stop it without a good reason is... well, I've never really understood it.

Oh, and if you don't want us to talk about the metagame on a forum like this, you're flat out crazy. Metagaming is extremely important for any competitive game.

Nic64

Smash Lord
ITT: people taking the troll bait as if they hadn't seen it before

Roxas215

Smash Lord
Umm you do realize that your posting on a website that was made for competitive players in mind right? If u want a casual message board go to gamefaqs.

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
Ok, you guys are taking what I said completely out of context.
What I'm saying is STOP ALL THE #$%@ING DEBATES! And I mean ALL of them.
Ok, admittedly I wasn't thinking too hard when I wrote this part. You can debate, just keep it to yourselves, i.e. this site.
we should give up our own form of playing this game - respectively our own fun?
I never said that. You're twisting my words. I never said you should stop playing, I said you should stop debating about competitive aspects of the game on non-competitive message boards like YouTube comments.
Noone forces you to:
1.) Watch videos of competetive players/games/etc.
2.) Read comments from them.
3.) Read discussions about competetive aspects of the game
This is a blanket statement. True, noone forces me to but it's human nature to be curious and care about what other people think. That's why the YouTube comments are there.
Umm you do realize that your posting on a website that was made for competitive players in mind right?
Yes. Yes I do. Therefore there must be some of those annoying debaters here, and I can get my message across to them.
ITT: people taking the troll bait as if they hadn't seen it before
ITT, people mistaking me for a troll. I'm just trying to protect the glory that is SSBB from the debates that are plaguing the internet like graffiti!
How dare we talk about things related to a competitive smash scene on a competitive smash board.
Yes, let's take it everywhere else so it actually drives people insane instead.

lilmister

Smash Apprentice
True as what you say may be, this thread is still a complaint thread and is not tolerated on these boards

urdailywater

Smash Hero
I think it's my personal business if I wish to ruin this game for you.

So here you go, more competitive stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn16NNxiJF8&feature=rec-HM-rn

So obviously, you watched through all of that right? If not, the title of your thread is pretty much pointless.

Also, it's weak to troll in the morning (if it is morning wherever you are).
Seriously, at least put it out at bright daylight so you can make the mods mad to. l2trollfu.
Umm, but yah, your argument is pretty pointless bro. Nothings forced upon you..

Oh, and we do keep it amongst ourselves. That's why this is a competitive forum. If you don't like it, you don't really have to stay, yah know. =/

Giga Hand

Smash Journeyman
I think it's my personal business if I wish to ruin this game for you.

So here you go, more competitive stuff
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qn16NNxiJF8&feature=rec-HM-rn
Ok, I understand my point's not exactly clear, so I'll use a metaphor. The debates are a lot like graffiti. It really makes things ugly. Noone forces me to look at it, it's there, it's still a problem and the people who make it deserve some kind of punishment. If it gets too bad, people just move away from the nighborhood. But what you're doing there is like saying "there's graffiti over two miles that way". Of course I won't look at it. I know beforehand that it's got graffiti all over it.
Oh, and we do keep it amongst ourselves. That's why this is a competitive forum.
I get that there are people who keep it clean. The "good" debaters keep it where it belongs, like art on a canvas rather than a wall. I just assumed that people who debated on YouTube a lot would hang around here. If you can show me one url where they will ALL notice it (or at least a lot of them), I will gladly leave you alone. Oh, and don't just point me back to YouTube. Trying to stop them there on my own would be like putting a single flyer up at a mall. Only like ten people would see it, and the odds of nabbing even one are slim at best.
If you don't like it, you don't really have to stay, yah know. =/
I will also leave if you show me a non-competitive brawl site. On the front page I saw no evidence that this place was for competitive smashers. I am casual, but a smasher nonetheless, which is why I joined in the first place.

Now I'm going to leave for now. The debating over the debates is giving me a headache, and I feel kinda gassy...
Woops!:embarrass Sorry!

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
People will compare.

Deal with it get out.

You can avoid certain boards, but some people will continue to debate the different games and the metagame's shifting nature and all that crap regardless of whether you like it or not.

This place used to be much more blatant as a competitive board but then we were overrun by thousands of new people. You used to have to look to find competitive stuff, but Brawl's nature is good for people who want to be competitive asap (it's a new game with very little in common at first glance with its predecessor). No matter how you look at it, it's easy to pick up relatively speaking to other games (admittedly Melee's not that hard either if you pick a top tier).

Having said that, a lot of its super competitiveness died when there was that awkward era of 08 where there perhaps 20 odd "favourite <insert>" topics per board (some of them relevant as information, others not so much) so that one's an easy mistake.

Not sure about casual Brawl but if you want a more Brawl oriented site maybe Allisbrawl? Not sure what state it's in right now but shrug. Look around. It's the internet. One clearly exists.

Youko

Podcasting Pro
NNID
SMYNYouko
3DS FC
1418-6781-7411
You'd be surprised how much these kinds of threads DON'T help.

:026:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom