• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stop being ageist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LarkOhiya

Smash Apprentice
I never said all adults, I said the people who are like that. As in the people who post on threads saying the stuff I am against. I know that the vast majority of the people here aren't ageist. I just think that the people who are are being very unfair. Sorry if I didn't put that in the first place.

And yeah, I realised this topic will get nowhere, I'm sorry, I guess I just needed to get it out of my system.
Yeah. I figured it was something like that. Most kids need to vent like this sometimes (lol I'm kidding I'm kidding!) you just raised 4 mature levels. dun dun dun daaah!

clace

Smash Journeyman
I think this should be moved to the Pool Room. :laugh:
I think this should be closed, now.
I'm wanting to argue with Gilgamesh but If I do then it will just cause trouble, sadly, no one can hold their peace forever so I think this thread should be closed now. Because I don't want to make myself hated or anything.

By the way to the guy above me, I guess I just went down a few for wanting to argue with Gilgamesh, huh? :p

MilesPrower

Smash Journeyman
And Clace, the world is unfair beyond corrupt politicians and poison. The world is just about completely unfair, and the Internet is part of the world.
And Super Smash Bros. Brawl getting delayed. :laugh:

Although I understand the discussion is at hand, this is Brawl General Discussion, and although it was spurred by something that revolves around it, this particular topic does not. However I am not suggesting a lock or anything. Just noting.

Well, anyway.... I came online when I was 12, 13 that month.. I am 17 now. I have learned so much, and have been through so much, from then to now.
While I wish people would respect teenagers more, I don't see it happening. It's disrespectful because not all teenagers are the same.

But a few months ago, I met some youngins who were my age at one time; just turned 13, somewhat naive, and even one of them apparently felt the world revolved around them, because we'd be trying to talk to him and he'd ignore and go on about his own business, ignoring our discussion. Eventually that was stopped because it was spam.
In a way, I think back to my case; during that time, I was actually learning from those older than myself; and now, I guess I must be a role-model for those who are in that position now. It felt good back then; especially when some of the people I knew that were my age were complete jerks. But about 3 that were older than me.... I guess were in the same position I am right now in present time: Just trying to help and set a good example.

If you're wondering, yeah, I tend to goof-off here a lot; it's a tendency I've attained since everyone has been so wound-up and tight because of Brawl nearing, and sometimes I just can't pass up the chance at a great joke. ;)
But in reality, I'm quite the serious type.

Clace, don't worry. Just remember that not everyone thinks of it that way, as in "just some kid".

But there will always be at least 1 person who is disatisfied with something.

Live from New York, it's Saturday Night.

clace

Smash Journeyman
Because i wasn't being serious, if making a ludicrous statement like "i was born 18 years old" didn't give it away.
I thought you were serious and just said that to give a comical edge to your post.

My god, sorry Gilgamesh, I misread things quite often.

And to MilesProwler, nice post. Thanks.

(Lol, another edit) And to the guy below me, thanks to you too.

To Kunato: Exactly. Thanks.

Thanks, Aeris. And yeah, your right.

Ojanya

Smash Ace
This thread, imo, makes a good point. Don't judge by age. Judge by actions.

Note: Even though I agree with the Halo 3 thing, lol

Kunato

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually glad that there are that many intelligent and mature users on this forum compared to others, where the only mature members are moderators and administrators.

More on-topic: I agree that it's much more fun to discuss and chat with people who act mostly serious, but this isn't exclusive to adults. I can usually find 13 year olds being more mature than 19 year olds. It is a pity that younger teens have such a bad reputation. That is one of the reasons I seldom give out my age at message boards, because if I say that I'm 15 many members stop taking me seriously.

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
Look, I know that all these prophets and leakers are completely bogus, but I always see the same thing on a so called 'Prophets' thread. 'Just a kid.', 'Cry for attention' and 'Immature.'

I'm not saying these prophets are telling the truth, I'm just saying stop thinking the reason they're lying like this is their age! Seriously, your categorizing loads of people because a few stupid kids like to lie about crap.

If you wanna lock this thread, go for it. I just want people to know they're being very ageist. (Dunno if that's a real word.)

Note: I'm talking about the guys who are saying 13-16 year olds are doing this for attention. Because people in that age range aren't as immature as you all think. I'm 14 and I feel no reason to go around trolling and faking.
Way to go, kid. I was 12 when I joined the boards, and it's true that people here do tend to discriminate against the younger crowd. Is it fair? No. But there are just enough cases of younger kids on SWF being immature and the like, so the stereotype develops, etc.

Regardless, it takes quite a bit of gumption to put yourself out there like this, defending yourself and others like you. Kudos to you, my friend. I like you. :grin:

This is kinda off topic but I do play Halo 3. I hate it. Dunno why.
Good call. It's highly overrated. I dunno...I've never found Halo to be as great as everyone else says. :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom