• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stock Rules Survey

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
Its that time of year again. Finals are approaching (unless you have already finished school for the year, in which case I congratulate you) and so are final projects.

Being that I want to help the community in any way I can, I decided to turn my Probability and Statistics project into something for the various tournament organizers.

There has been much talk of changing the rule-set for Brawl to keep it relevant. One of the bigger changes that has been tried is changing the stock count. I've seen the subject debated, praised and scoffed at, but unless we as a community actively try and find out what the general consensus is, nothing will be tried. In light of that, I have created a simple survey to poll the tournament interested populace on what they would prefer for stock count.

The survey can be found here.

The poll ends on June 10th, and I will have the project finished around June 12th. I will post my findings as soon as I can after that.

Thank you in advance for your help and participation!

@Moderators: If this needs to be in another place, please let me know/feel free to move it to the proper forum.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I apologize for the double post, I just wanted to bump this and make sure people saw it.

If you already filled out the survey, thank you very much for your input.

If you have not already filled out this survey, please take a few moments to do so. It is only two questions and having community input may help sway TOs to run tournaments the way the general Smash Bros. populace wants to play it.

TheGoldMan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheGoldMan
3DS FC
1950-8066-7015
I voted for 2 stock. 1 stock seems too short and lame.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 245254

I think 2 was kind of the obvious best choice when they figured out 3 was taking too long.

1 stock is just not enough.

thrillagorilla

Smash Ace
I apologize again for the double post. I'd still like some more data if at all possible. I'd like my results to be as accurate as I can get them, not only for my grade but also the results I'll post here.

I want to continue to do projects like this in the future for our TOs to help them get the highest attendance, and hopefully grow the community by doing so. I won't limit myself to Brawl either. I will refrain from doing further studies for the community if people are not willing to participate though.

Please, if you know someone who has not taken the survey let them know to do so. If you haven't, please do so. Its a quick two questions. If you already have, you have my gratitude.

Thank you for your time.

Click here to take the survey.

Last edited:
Top Bottom