• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Still no thread about Patch 1.0.4 ver 2.3 : Electric bugaloo ?

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
There are some but outside of a RCPG nerf, they're insignificant. We're mostly talking about it in the social thread but this thread is a good idea.

So:
Utilt does 1% more damage.
RCPG range is nerfed.
Default Din's Fire is said to be slightly bigger (I don't notice it but I rarely used default Din's)

Last edited:

Meek Moths

Smash Ace
Utilt does 1% more damage.
i did notice that but i thought it's just training mode bullnyerk, if it's real then..at least something .-.

and i dont read the social thread so i thought noone even bothered to test anything, glad someone actually did. i actually own both versions, patched and unpatched, so i can help with confirming stuff later if anyone wants

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Here, this is what I came up with when testing all her moves:
Okay, went and compared thread's data to 1.0.4

Here's what I got

Jab:
* It appears to have gotten a puny increase in some sort of KB. It now has an approx KO % of 368%, from 380% It's so insignificant, but it's too large of a difference to NOT be a change.

Utilt:
* The move does 1% more; and, consequently, KOs very slightly earlier as well. It's still pretty late at 178%, from 194%. I almost wonder if it was supposed to do 6% in the first place, considering it did 7% in E3 Demos.

Pivot Grab:
* The size of the grab hit-box is slightly smaller *sniff* thus reducing its range slightly. Just so y'all don't think it was Zelda exclusive, I went and tested Palutena's P-grab (Which was near identical in range before.) And her's too, was shortened slightly.

There are some things that I found but am not sure if they are real changes as well, or in a couple cases, I may have just missed them pre-1.0.4:

* Her running speed might, and please read the MIGHT, be very slightly faster. Can I got a data goddess @Aerodrome to check it for me?

* Din's Fire's hit-box feels ever so slightly larger. I was particularly under this impreesion when I tested a minimal distance one's explosion under Mario, who was on a low BF plat, and it was able to hit him. Something I am CERTAIN wasn't possible before.

* Fsmash KO'ed 3% earlier. IDK about this, as it could just be a testing inconsistency, AND, the full charge still KO'ed at the same %.

* Usmash actually DOESN'T hit at 90 degrees. It hits at 80 and 100. Choosing one depending on whether they are in front of you for the last hit, or behind you. (80 degrees if they are slightly in front of you during the final hit, and 100 if behind.)

Will add the certain changes to the OP.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Can you explain the last change (Usmash)? I'm not understanding the "degree" specifics.
Basically it doesn't hit straight up. It will actually hit at a very slight angle forwards or backwards.

The way it works, (If I can explain any better) if the opponent is in front of her when the final hit happens, they will actually be launched around 10 degrees less (relative to her: forward) so they will go slightly forward as well as up. If they're behind her when they are hit by the final hit, the will be launch around 10 degrees MORE (relative to her: behind) so they will be launched slightly behind her as well as up.

The slightly off 90 degree angles in question are 80 for in front, and 110 behind.

Phenomiracle

Smash Ace
Ah, I see. And I'm assuming it was previously 90 degrees both ways? Nothing really significant, as you've got to be quite daring to throw a Usmash in the first place.

Gucci.

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Actually, I'm unsure if this was actually present in the previous versions as well, and I just overlooked it, or if they actually went and changed it in 1.0.4

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
Here, this is what I came up with when testing all her moves:
I tested between versions.
Jab is the same as in 1.0.3.
Utilt we know.
RCPG is harder and smaller indeed. Universal but it hits Zelda harder.
Run doesn't seem faster but I can't properly test that.
Din's Fire is not bigger at min charge. It only hits on the lowest BF platform in 1.0.3 and 1.0.4 if the explosion's center is right under Mario.
Fsmash KOs the same =(
Usmash hits at the same angle as in 1.0.3 and KOs the same. Which isn't 90 as BJN pointed out.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Wow thanks @ ZombieBran ZombieBran for debunking the unknown changes for me! Nice to have exactly 'what we know' instead of 'possibly'

I was sure about Jab. I suppose it was a testing inconsistency? I personally don't know how I could've gotten such a different result, but...

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
I was sure about Jab. I suppose it was a testing inconsistency? I personally don't know how I could've gotten such a different result, but...
It KOs at around 379% for me in both versions. Jab is the one I'm least confident with, actually. The training dummy VIs to a different angle each time and because it's such a low KB move, that can change the kill percent quite a bit.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
My numbers are the numbers when the move first causes "red flash" and I got red flash at 368% and you can't influence red flash to happen earlier with VI, so now I'm curious. I think I'mma retest Jab again and see if I get 368 or 380.

Last edited:

ZombieBran

Smash Lord
My numbers are the numbers when the move first causes "red flash" and I got red flash at 368% and you can't influence red flash to happen earlier with VI, so now I'm curious. I think I'mma retest Jab again and see if I get 368 or 380.
I tried again and spaced the jab so that only the last burst of magic hits. It kills at 368% for both versions.

Top Bottom