• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stepmania

E123Omega

Smash Lord
Who plays Stepmania around here?
I do.
You can download it on Stepmania.com
It's like Dance Dance Revolution, except that you use ur fingers instead of your feet.
You use the arrow keys that are on the keypad.
My profile name on Stepmania is E123Omega.

cF=)

Smash Lord
I A'd four or fives 15 footers.
I got a bunch of AAA from 10 to 13 footers.

Oh, and I play with my hands lol, I can barely pass a 5 footers song with my feet.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Eh, past 11 feet the foot rating really doesn't matter much. There's a lot of fluctuation on the overall difficulty of songs depending on which packs you get them from.

I play spread style, and I started last Thanksgiving. It's more of something just to pass the time than trying to be competitive with, but it's still enjoyable. I'm most comfortable with 12s and 13s, but I can pass 15+s. But again, that doesn't really mean much, as I mentioned earlier.

Elen

Smash Lord
I've been playing DDR/ITG and Stepmania/SMO for years. I was ranked 22nd on SMO about a year back but I gave up being competetive with it...it's just not as much fun when your competing (contrary to smash) ^.^ If anyone ever wants to play just give me a PM. Oh yea, I play 3 fingered (2 hands) and my SMO account is Drumsmasher :p

MASTER_VOID

Smash Journeyman
Any one know where i can get PIU ITG song Packs to play with a lot of songs in them......getting tired of playing max remixs

cF=)

Smash Lord
Anybody beat the Pacman and Bubbleman Songs?
On C400 I have absolutely no problem, though it's still very possible with Xmods.
I play spread style, and I started last Thanksgiving. It's more of something just to pass the time than trying to be competitive with, but it's still enjoyable. I'm most comfortable with 12s and 13s, but I can pass 15+s. But again, that doesn't really mean much, as I mentioned earlier.
Have you tried the brand new Video Game Mega Pack 2 on FFR ? It's fantasticly fun and the songs are really enjoyable. I also play spread (indexes and middle fingers from both hands on A,S,K,L)

Elen

Smash Lord
Master void check out Smgroove.com They have every pack ever created for stepmania uploaded for both pad and keyboard. They also host a stepmania online server, it's really quite a good stepmania source. Btw cF the VGMP2 is not all that new ^.^ I've had it for 8 months, althought I did get it a bit early considering I worked on it :p

Theres gotta be someone hear who plays SMO :( Talking about smash/playing stepmania at the same time is like a dream to me lol.

cF=)

Smash Lord
Wait, VGMP2 isn't 8 months old... it has been released a few days ago on FFR... I don't know if your making a mistake with the first pack...

Without Rebirth's TGWP ultimate version... since he released it prior to the launching of the pack.

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
Just out of curiousity, what speeds does everybody play at? I usually stick with a steady C700, but I may move up to C800 or at least C750 in the near future. Having variable bpms in songs is all well and good, but for the sake of using it as an enjoyable, non-competitive activity rather than a strenuous one, I stick with the Cs.

cF=)

Smash Lord
I enjoy my C400 because I'm too lazy to tweak the speed mods, and because it's fast enough to see correctly 32th's stream. I also like to play xmod on songs which has MULTIPLE bpm changes or stop, like "J'ai envie de plaisir X2", else it would just be a regular, boring song.

Elen

Smash Lord
I play between 550 and 650 depending on the time of day lol. It's hard for me to hit 700+ since I'm not spread. I wouldn't really trust FFR to release these packs on time cF. I checked the date on when I last moved the file, it's just under 7 months old. Again I did get it quite a bit early for testing, I don't think it was a full 7 months though. Well, it really doesn't matter..does anyone here step songs btw? Half the fun of stepmania is creating your own stuff ^.^

Omnigamer

All the things
BRoomer
I could make some, but you'd be better off just watching some other peoples' videos on YouTube. I *think* I'm decent for having only played 4 months, but there's still a lot to improve on, and you'll probably get more out of watching other people.

E123Omega

Smash Lord
I could make some, but you'd be better off just watching some other peoples' videos on YouTube. I *think* I'm decent for having only played 4 months, but there's still a lot to improve on, and you'll probably get more out of watching other people.
4 months???
I only played for a week or two so far.
We got some OD players here.

x4FoSho4x

Smash Ace
Stealing Many Burritos and Miscellaneous Beverages
i play stepmania but im better in DDR/ITG on feet. I still play competitively at tourneys but not as often. I started playing smash because I went to MLG NY where there were hosting a DDR tourney and they had smash and i got inspired to play. lol. I AAA'd most of the songs. AA'd all the 10 footers. STG'd all of them except FAXX. best u got was AA 43 greats. Anyone in the area want to MM me let me know.

LightLink17

Smash Apprentice
I play pretty infrequently. But it is fun if I'm bored. I'm comfortable with 12s and 13s, and I almost always play on 3x speed.

Peaches

Smash Lord
I play on a homemade pad 90% of the time. I can pass a lot of 10 footers.

C mods are evil. Maybe unless it's something stupid like Chaos. I tend to like to play at 350 speed ish.

Duff-Man!

Smash Rookie
I play a bit. I can AA most 12's and 13's and A a few 14's and 15's. I have terrible timing though; I can't AAA anything. My name is Daahoud for SMO. We should set up some times where we have a smashboards room so we can all play online together

HXY56

Smash Apprentice
Di you guys know that there is a similar version of stepmania but its a remake of ITG? I have it and I like a lot better than stepmania. You can get it at stepmania.com

cF=)

Smash Lord
Alright, I'll revive this topic

--

This song is fun -- 11 Footer

I got lucky, not on the combo, but on the MA -- 12 Footer

It's not hard but cool to AAA -- 10 Footer

First try, too lazy to AAA -- 11 Footer

--

I'd post more score, but my MSPaint recently started to work, so those were made in 1 day.

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
Who plays Stepmania around here?
I do.
You can download it on Stepmania.com
It's like Dance Dance Revolution, except that you use ur fingers instead of your feet.
You use the arrow keys that are on the keypad.
My profile name on Stepmania is E123Omega.
step mania is mad fun.i have it nut i dont play much and i seem 2 be 2 good. =D

btw dragoforce and Halloweenare mad hard.i like broke mah fingers. =(

Zarasai

Smash Journeyman
yeah i dont play SM much anymore. ive been playing ITG at the arcade where i live - pass most 8ft's havent gotten any 9s beaten - closest for me are hybrid, disconnected hyper and ive managed a 32% (but didnt pass of course) on pandemonium

C@sH Mooney

Smash Master
ITG is cool 2.i can get like a AA or A on vertex/vertex squared,perfect on pandemonium if i try hard enuf but ive only done it 1ce so it might not happen unless im in the right frame of mind.but Pump It Up is the best dance game though.

Tr3n7

Smash Rookie
I've been a member of the Kansas City Rhythm Gaming scene for the past 3 years or so, it's pretty much dead now.

I still play SM on my computer, and I'll hop on the pad whenever I pass by one. I download all my stepfiles from bemanistyle.com, I currently have about 1300 stepfiles to choose from.

I've played in a tournament or two, but never really won anything because I got into the scene late, so everyone was still way better than me. But most of the guys are my best friends now.

If you want to see some real players do it, go to youtube.com and just type, "Damien ITG" in the search bar and you'll see the best player in the world go crazy.

Mr Kain

Smash Apprentice
or search up cali mist.. He's got the world record for one more lovely when most peoplt cant even do that on keyboard lol.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Hey can someone explain how you keep your hands?..

I modded mine so i have three fingers using the arrow keys, and then three arrows to hit wsad with this i do alright but i have trouble doing some of the faster rolls in the game.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think one of my problems is the only way i can play this game is on a lap top meaning that the arrow keys are really close so i can't use that method.

Mr Kain

Smash Apprentice
It might be that you're playing too much and ur fingers can't catch up.. needa give ur fingers a break to rest up and then you'll be able to do more.. even though I dont do that lol I play everyday

Elen

Smash Lord
LOL. GXT, "Gigadelic is the hardest recognized stepfile in existance."

Keep flattering yourself buddy. Not bad vids, remember to show judge lol.

Top Bottom