• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stealing souls (And DJ's)

Stryker

Smash Journeyman
So, I've been working on punishing doublejumps lately, as I've noticed a lot of my play partners jump out of combos basically immediately. Right now, I'm waiting for the doublejump, then attempting to get an upair after the dj, but I feel like there is a better way. Any suggestions?
Also, I'm having specific troubles with Samus. I upthrow, and she jumps, which is fine, but then when I try to follow up, she uses a morph ball bomb to alter her horizontal momentum to get away. Any help here? Should I just be d or bthrowing instead?

cisyphus

Smash Ace
As far as Samus, you should bait out the morph ball by your movement and positioning and then punish her commitment. Respect the mixup and read it. The threat of a hitbox is sometimes just as useful as the hitbox itself.

Stryker

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for this. When I first sat down and tried to learn dash dancing long ago, I started to feel that potential threat within the movement. I guess I am just a little antsy to punish lately :p Really appreciate the advice.

Edit: Anyone have any advice against CC? With other characters, I can rapid jab to force people to stahp, but marths options seems slower

Last edited:

Varan Fenix

Smash Rookie
Spaced D-tilt if it out ranges their D-tilt is a solid punish. At a bit higher percent, cross up D-air works. At 0% you really want to get your opponent at a higher percent safely with 1) Grabs, 2) D-tilt, and then 3) Fade away F-air before extending into big combos. The alternative is getting them into an up-tilt which guarantees a couple follow up hits at least.

Top Bottom