• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starting to use Luigi

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting to use Luigi as my main because I was inspired by Ka-Masters Green-ish Machine combo vid and his long wavedash skills. I have a few questions though before I get into some big training. What are some larger advantages other than wavedashing does Luigi has? And also, some other good reasons as why I should use Luigi.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Best reason to use Luigi:
You like using Luigi

Worst reason to use Luigi:
You think he'll do well against other characters, because he won't.

Gkryptonite

Smash Journeyman
I guess I do like Luigi, I've gotten addicted to his wavedash and fair chop. My friends are starting to own me up though, but I just can't stop playing as him:urg:

TheBlackNoodle

Smash Rookie
His floatiness can be an advantage. Makes him harder to combo than some other characters. You also have a bit of time to plan out when to fast fall. That can be used for mindgames. His smashes are all pretty strong, both on the ground and in the air. F-tilt has good range. U-tilt has good priority (more than Falco's d-air if you time it right, I recently found out) and setup for comboing. Tornado is pretty beastly if you use it at the right time. He can juggle fast fallers and tech chase pretty well since his wavedash is so fast.

I mostly play him for his hilarious dash attack and misfires.

But a deadly taunt. I'd say that's the main reason.

Eaode

Smash Champion
His taunt is the best move in the game.

But seriously his aerial game is crazy, short hop double aerials, and short hop waveland aerials.
And whenever you're coming to the ground freely, waveland, it's so **** awesome

Top Bottom