• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Starting to pick up Zelda a quick question

Jorgon

Smash Cadet
I main Bowser and decided to sub Zelda. Been enjoying her so far.

So far from what I've done so far down tilt set ups are awesome. I really enjoy the din fire spam too and her really far grab range.

Now I can see that the up smash and foward smashes can be DI'd out of (Again...) how safe are the forward tilts?

popsofctown

Smash Champion
forward tilts? There is no possible way to DI out of the forward tilts... well there's DI tricks for almost everything, but ftilt isn't multihit, so it doesn't have the same weakness as usmash and fsmash.ftilt is a good alternative to fmash, often. It's a KO move, it has about as much kick as a weak character's smash attack. Its weakness is range, and it has the after-lag to punish you if you overestimate that range.

Luthien

Smash Ace
Ftilt's range isn't the problem. She lunges forward when she uses it now, and it has more range then her jab, and almost as much as the fsmash. The problem is the start-up lag, imo. It takes too long for Zelda to swing her arm in front of her. Use it, but don't spam it; your opponent can generally get a dash attack in while it's starting up, if they're thinking clearly. Get them to rush in thoughtlessly with Din's Fire spam first or something.

Jorgon

Smash Cadet
Thanks guys, I noticed you can combo down tilt into foward air. if it trips them in training. Does this work in real fights?

Luthien

Smash Ace
Thanks guys, I noticed you can combo down tilt into foward air. if it trips them in training. Does this work in real fights?
Comboing anything into forward air hardly works in real fights anymore. Unless you're okay with landing the sourspot...

But yeah, if you're gonna dtilt, just follow up with a dsmash imo. Play it safe; dsmash gets the job done with such wonderful horizontal knockback. Experiment around and try random stuff; utilt and usmash are great after a dtilt too. But if you want to find out if it works in a real match, try it out for yourself. Do you have wifi? I'd love to go a few rounds with you if you wanna mess around and experiment.

Jorgon

Smash Cadet
Yeah I got wifi, give me like 10 min. gotta do something real fast.

wouldn't mind getting some games in with my newbish zelda and see how my bowser does against a good zelda =)

Luthien

Smash Ace
Yeah I got wifi, give me like 10 min. gotta do something real fast.
'Kay. I'll add ya.

wouldn't mind getting some games in with my newbish zelda and see how my bowser does against a good zelda =)
Flattered. But you might be a tad dissapointed... w/e, we'll just have to wait and see. I'm good enough to beat Drake, anyway. [:<

BTW, I'm "DHAOS" online. "Luthien" wouldn't fit.

Top Bottom