• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Star Fox 64 voice actors

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I don't know about you guys, but that game is an eternal masterpiece. Despite the campiness, the story and acting have not and never will leave me. My friends and I are able to pull quotes out of thin air from any point in the game, probably because we played the living hell out of it.

Every iteration of Star Fox ever since has been... just not quite as magical. I couldn't tell you why. That's why I was thrilled that some of the actors returned for the 3DS remake. And it was so great! Even actors that didn't return, had pretty darn good doubles stand in.

Wouldn't it be exciting if Fox and Falco and Wolf sounded just like the fond memories that made us fall in love with them in the first place?

Here's a reference to the actors for each incarnation of Star Fox, just for your information:

http://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Star-Fox-64-3D/

Last edited:

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
If Smash 4 continues the Brawl trend then they will use whatever actor was in the most recent game from the series. Or at least that was the trend I noticed. Fox's voice in Brawl I believe was the Assault voice actor, though it hardly sounded like him. So I'm hoping Mike West will be used in Smash 4. Falco? I'm not so sure his Star Fox 64 voice would work. At least not the one from the 3DS remake. We'll see what they do.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I actually think they're going to reuse Brawl clips.

So I'd imagine the same voice actors as Brawl....

Sonicguy726

Smash Lord
No falco HASSS to keep that voice, his 643D one to me sounds kinda generic and I think wolf's brawl voice suits him more, I don't really care about fox

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
I, for one, am hoping Fox and Falco have their voice actors from Star Fox 64 3D.

If nothing else, I REALLY hope they change Falco's voice actor for Smash 4. His voice acting in Brawl, in mine opinion, was just abysmal. I was never able to get used to it. The only voice actors I can think of at the top of mine head whom might be good for Falco are Johnny Yong Bosch or Roger Craig Smith. Bosch could use his Emil Castagnier voice. Smith could use either his Siegfried voice or his Wonder Blue voice.

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
With Nintendo's recent foray into voice acting (as in, actually hiring decent people for their games), I'm interested in what route they'll take for Fox. With Sean Schemmel confirmed to be voicing Lucario in this new game (his VA from the Pokemon movie), it'll be interesting to see what route they take.

Twewy

Smash Lord
Bosch could use his Emil Castagnier voice.
COURAGE IS THE MAGIC THAT TURNS DREAMS INTO REALITY aside, I really don't think Bosch would fit Falco, he can really only do two voices (ironically both were used with Emil) and IMO neither fit Falco's personality.

I personally preferred Jim Walker for Fox in Brawl, though if we were to get another voice to replace Walker, I'd probably want one of the Japanese VAs to come back. Does anyone else want Grant Goodeve to do Wolf again, like in Assault?

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Anyone play as Fox at the Best Buy demo? I didn't but I've seen footage of Fox in action and I can't tell whether or not they recycled his Brawl VA or hired the actor behind 64 / 3DS remake.

I don't like the Brawl voices and wouldn't mind the 64 VAs coming back to voice the spacies.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
With Nintendo's recent foray into voice acting (as in, actually hiring decent people for their games), I'm interested in what route they'll take for Fox. With Sean Schemmel confirmed to be voicing Lucario in this new game (his VA from the Pokemon movie), it'll be interesting to see what route they take.
Sean's coming back, eh? Your source?

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
Sean's coming back, eh? Your source?
Sean's official Twitter. He actually didn't voice Lucario in Brawl for the record. Link

I think Fox's VA for this game is the same person who voiced him in Star Fox 64 3D. I am basing this purely on how his voice sounds though, so I have no official source on that.

Twewy

Smash Lord
From all the gameplay I watched, he sounds like friggin' MODOK from MvC3. Especially when he says "FIRE!"

Shun_one

Smash Ace
NNID
not_shun_one
It sounds like mike west in the victory screens.
My thoughts exactly. I am becoming more and more certain that it is him voicing Fox in this game. It'd make sense as he was Fox's latest voice actor (Star Fox 64 3D). It also helps that he voiced Fox in Star Fox 64 too.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Fox has always gotten his most recent voice actor from his games, hasn't he?

The voice in Melee was the same VA as in Adventures, and Brawl's VA was the same as Assault if I recall correctly.

In any case, his voice definitely sounds like his 64 and of course 64 3D one, so I guess Mike West is back.

I like the voice, but I think his Landmaster quote...needs work. xD

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
Fox's SSB4 voice sucks. Most of his grunts are okay but the way he shouts "FIRE" will take years to get used to and his "Mission Complete" quote after winning the match sounds almost as bad. Please let us have Japanese toggle ala MvC3...

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Hey, if I have to listen to "FIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEE" in that voice to listen to "Can't let you do that Star Fox" in its original glory in Smash 4, then it's totally worth it to me.

Fastblade5035

Smash Master
NNID
gnic2322
3DS FC
0645-6032-2207
Still better than Melee's engrish.
inb4peoplepreferthat

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
I like the voice purely out of nostalgia xD I don't care what you guys think! I'll deal with his "FIIIIRRRE" and "LANDMASTER!" myself :3

Hong

The Strongest
The public response is interesting.

His voice is so silly, but still well done. In a sense, it's a matter of whether or not their vision for Fox matches that of your own. For me, I can't take an anthropomorphic star fighter who is trained in martial arts and lights himself on fire to travel through the air seriously. He sounds exaggerated... like a cartoon character. I am not going to pretend like I am a huge Star Fox fan, but like many others I enjoyed Star Fox 64 a lot, and I couldn't take the characters seriously back then, either.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Anyone play as Fox at the Best Buy demo? I didn't but I've seen footage of Fox in action and I can't tell whether or not they recycled his Brawl VA or hired the actor behind 64 / 3DS remake.

I don't like the Brawl voices and wouldn't mind the 64 VAs coming back to voice the spacies.
I got to watch a match with Fox after playing at Best Buy. And from watching gameplay from Nintendo at E3 he does sound like his voice actor from Starfox 64. I've been playing SF 64 3D again and his voice sounds similar to when his voice actor returned to voice Fox again. Like how it sounded off and a little bit higher than what you expect from Brawl.

Personally I think the 64 voice actors are hands down the best ones. Even Wolf's voice actor, but since we have Assault's Wolf design in Smash he's better suited for his SF Assault voice actor.

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Fox can have a super serious voice... but he's an anthropomorphic fox who fights a giant monkey head (Who, BTW, you'll never defeat :p). His voice should sound like a cartoon character.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Hmm, I rather like Fox's new voice in Smash 4, more so than his Brawl voice (not saying his Brawl voice was bad). I especially love his damage sounds and his death cry when he gets KO'ed. Although, I really think he could put some more oomph into his voice for the Fire Fox attack. In its current state, it sounds a little lacklustre.

That being said, it is totally possible Fox will have some new voice clips in the finished game. In the early footage of Brawl, Lucas and Solid Snake had completely different voice clips than they did in the final version.

For those whom have not heard Fox's voice in Smash 4, this is the best video I have found thus far. Just listen closely whenever you see Fox use his up-special.

[EDIT] Here is another one:

Last edited:

SmashBroski

Smash Ace
NNID
BookerDewott
3DS FC
1907-9072-8026
Hmm, I rather like Fox's new voice in Smash 4, more so than his Brawl voice (not saying his Brawl voice was bad). I especially love his damage sounds and his death cry when he gets KO'ed. Although, I really think he could put some more oomph into his voice for the Fire Fox attack. In its current state, it sounds a little lacklustre.

That being said, it is totally possible Fox will have some new voice clips in the finished game. In the early footage of Brawl, Lucas and Solid Snake had completely different voice clips than they did in the final version.

For those whom have not heard Fox's voice in Smash 4, this is the best video I have found thus far. Just listen closely whenever you see Fox use his up-special.
So who's the VA this time around, Mike West (64/3D) or Jim Walker (Assault, Brawl)?

Scoob

Smash Apprentice
Fox has always gotten his most recent voice actor from his games, hasn't he?

The voice in Melee was the same VA as in Adventures, and Brawl's VA was the same as Assault if I recall correctly.

In any case, his voice definitely sounds like his 64 and of course 64 3D one, so I guess Mike West is back.

I like the voice, but I think his Landmaster quote...needs work. xD
I'm pretty sure that his Melee voice was his Japanese Star Fox 64 voice, they just removed the spoken lines in his win quotes aside form the engrish.

Rhus

We're going top speed!
Eh, I read on a wiki some time ago that SF Adventures and SSBM shared the same voice actor, which could be completely inaccurate, but I didn't know it was his Japanese 64 voice in SSBM.

bobadz

Smash Ace
Eh, I read on a wiki some time ago that SF Adventures and SSBM shared the same voice actor, which could be completely inaccurate, but I didn't know it was his Japanese 64 voice in SSBM.
Only in the arwing scenes.

Last edited:

Weeman

Smash Crusader
To be honest Wolf's voice actor in Assault and Brawl fits his current design better than the SF64 one would.

Little Nemo

The Dream Master
NNID
LockableFaceman
Props to me for predicting Mike West was back... If that is Mike West. I almost think it's not. We heard Mike West speak a lot and in great quality in Star Fox 64 3D and he sounded nowhere that bad. Even a clip he did for some local high school around 2005 he sounded better than that. I adore Mike West but, even as someone who thinks Fox should only be voiced by Mike, Jim Walker did a much better job. If they just lower the volume of "FAIUR" a bit I'll be fine with it.

I agree with Wolf except I didn't like how the Assault actor delivers lines. They all feel awkward and forced. I would keep him.

I love Star Fox.

SpaceJell0

Smash Ace
NNID
SpaceJell0
3DS FC
0104-0342-5999
To be honest Wolf's voice actor in Assault and Brawl fits his current design better than the SF64 one would.
What if Wolf got an eyepatch? :3

In all seriousness, I would love for the nostalgia of Star Fox 64 actors to come back but Fox's voice sounds good when he's not screaming it xD but I'll get used to it

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I can tolerate Fox's voice when he dies,due to it being deeper than his other lines (fire is an example)

Top Bottom