• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stanford University 06/27 to 07/25

Sangoku

Smash Master
Hello everyone,

I will be going to Stanford from 06/27 to 07/25 and I was wondering if anyone was nearby to try to play. Since I am going for school, I will be busy throughout the whole week, but hopefully during the weekends I will have time to play some.

I think @ malva00 malva00 used to live nearby, is it still the case? And is there anyone else not too far away?

Sedda

Smash Champion
Qwutwiqkjabsjak445agnxdfj

Sangoku, I'm gonna travel across the country to play with you.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Qwutwiqkjabsjak445agnxdfj

Sangoku, I'm gonna travel across the country to play with you.
Pretty sure you are kidding, but just in case, do not do that, because as I said there is no guarantee that I will have time to play. Furthermore I do not think I will have a place to play, so I would rather go visit someone else's house to play.

KeroKeroppi

Smash Champion
dude

wtf

you were my eternal rival

you still are my eternal rival

the next time you decide to rando bounce leave us with some contact info or something

you can't just dip like that again

god damn

i hope things are good on your end man

glad to see you back

LAS | Wookiee

Smash Uurr Ahhrr Uhrrrr Ahhrrrr Aaaaaargh
t
Hello everyone,

I will be going to Stanford from 06/27 to 07/25 and I was wondering if anyone was nearby to try to play. Since I am going for school, I will be busy throughout the whole week, but hopefully during the weekends I will have time to play some.

I think @ malva00 malva00 used to live nearby, is it still the case? And is there anyone else not too far away?
this is stanford university you are talking about right? I will be in Sacramento during some of the time you are there. Which is only a few hours from the bay area. Also Sotoh from our LA crew should be in norcal with me as well. We would for sure play

Olikus

Smash Champion
are you coming back to europe online? we grown pretty active the last month or so.

I was in that area in 2010. long time ago but then it was lots of players. Played with ballin4life, drunk e ness etc.

I allso like how casual you are to your fanboys.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Pretty sure you are kidding, but just in case, do not do that, because as I said there is no guarantee that I will have time to play. Furthermore I do not think I will have a place to play, so I would rather go visit someone else's house to play.
Not kidding.

I wont be able to go to Smash of Ages because of work, but since I'd been saving money for that anyway I can go over there for a weekend in July if Wookie/Sotoh/someone hosts a smashfest or something. I'd still like to go to California lol

If you figure out how flexible your weekends are, definitely let me know because I'll go.

It's nice to see you back =)

Last edited:

NattyBroh

Smash Rookie
Hey, I go to Stanford! My friends and I aren't super competitive but we play a few times a week at my place on campus. Shoot me a message if you wanna play sometime once you're out here

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Also, does @ ballin4life ballin4life still play?
Haven't played in a while so I'll probably be even worse than before but I will play you. Live about ~20 min from Stanford, I can also drive down there if you're playing with @ NattyBroh NattyBroh (better have a CRT and not an LCD TV though ;)).

Isai lives in San Jose (unless he moved recently or something) which isn't too far if you wanted to get in contact with him.

Also if you're over 21 and free on a Tuesday night we can go to the Folsom Street Foundry bar up in San Francisco and play there.

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
Alright perfect, we should arrange something so that we can all play together. As I said I will be busy during the week so unfortunately no tuesday San Fransisco smash for me. A priori at least, we never know how things turn up.

And don't worry, it's not like I am any good either haha.

I wish @ malva00 malva00 would answer though, is there any other way to contact him?

Anyway thanks to those who answered favorably, I will shoot group PMs once I get there so we can plan something.

$mashing64

Smash Rookie
I'm currently a Stanford grad student and I'd love to play if you guys are meeting up! Definitely let me know when/where. I can bring my system and game if necessary.

I'm a long time smashboards lurker and watcher of tournys on youtube. I saw this post and decided to make an account. I still play on my cartridge from when I got it in '99 and I've never really played anyone who is better than me. Not because I'm amazing, I just don't know that many people who play. Definitely hit me up!

Last edited:

Sangoku

Smash Master
Great, I'll PM you too once I get there. Either we can manage to all find a place in Stanford to play together, or I'll come to San Jose during a saturday or sunday.

Top Bottom