• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stale moves

napZzz

Smash Hero
It seems I cant kill with jiggs (unless its an offstage kill) because all I'm able to do is use her air moves and they lose all their damage because I have to abuse them so much. My fair and bair end up giving out 5 or 6%. I try to rest but the people I play are too ****ing good to get hit by my dair into rest or any other kind because they know I'm gonna try when they hit the 80's and 90's. It seems impossible to hit on the ground with jiggs smashes, so what can I do to keep myself from having my moves stale so badly, or maybe improve my ground game?

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
pound? its range is very win, not to mention it has great priority over most other attacks.

grabbing and hitting them while you hold on also decreases the move decay. Neutral air is also ok to use, though it doesnt have as good a range as the other attacks.

Yeah, the smashes are hard to hit with since they are slow and have minimal range. when i do use them it's usually after the opponent misses with a laggy attack.

also i'd suggest trying to not commit to a rest once you see they are at 80-90%. sure it's great if you hit them with it, but i've found that it is a bad mental approach and really starts to mess you up if you are trying to hit them with just one attack. you start to get sloppy and get yourself hit more. I don't know if this is the case for you, but it's just what has happened to me.
hope this somewhat helps.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
If you notice that the opponent is shielding your attacks from the air, you can try this: Jump at them, they should put up their shield. Then, glide past them and land on the ground, fastfall if you have the time. Then, they should put down their shield, thinking you missed/ trying to get a quick attack in. You should have already started your Fsmash, they should eat it. This also works if you glide a little farther and bait a roll. You cannot rely on this, because once you do it once, twice at the most, they should never fall for it again. I also find that if they like their shield that much, running into a grab works wonders.

Tyser

Smash Champion
I dont use Jigg's Smash moves because they suck ball sac. Even when my Fair is weak it tends to kill still at around 120+ sometimes. Just use that Fair and try to WoP them with Nairs. It works for me once in a while.

Top Bottom