• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages You Would Make For Upcoming Smash Bros and Stages From Brawl You Want to Keep

MechanicalWood

Smash Rookie
Which stages would you want for the upcoming Smash Bros game?

Which stages would you want to keep from Brawl?

DRM4R10

Smash Apprentice
As long as they have final destination and make epic like it has already been, then I'd be happy. Because Fox Only, No Items, Final Destination.

Lemonwater

Smash Ace
I'd want a psychedelic and colorful stage based on Rainbow Road from Mario Kart 64.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
  • I'd like to see the Mario Kart racers on Big Blue and the F-Zero Racers on Mario Circuit, making the Mario Circuit crazy hectic and the F-Zero stage having narrower vehicles to jump on while the kart racers use items like red shells (on each other), lightning, ghosting, bananas and gold mushrooms!
  • Else, just have a Mario Kart stage that's a lot like Big Blue.
  • A Mario Party stage where you occasionally hit a block to move it along the board, putting the characters in different predicaments.
  • A stage based on the interior ship levels in DKC2. I think it could at least be a very nice aesthetic.
  • A stage that takes place on the loading dock of the Frigate Orpheon, perhaps with the occasional Space Pirate raid and possibly populated by crates. Lylat Cruise is sadly the only stage in Brawl that takes place in the vacuum of space.
  • Atop of a re-imagined Celadon Department store (PKMN), complete with a vending machine!
From Brawl, I'd like Norfair to return in some form. It was a very sleek stage.

Hong

The Strongest
Ah... they are already bringing back Smashville, so I am happy with that.

While not from Brawl, Hyrule Castle from SSB64 is the bomb. It would work so long as there are no more wall-borne infinites.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Hyrule Castle from SSB64 is the bomb. It would work so long as there are no more wall-borne infinites.
The best stage for FFA/2on2 whenever yo want to take a break from competitive matches.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
I would love to have Fourside, Temple, Saffron City, and Hyrule 64 return. They're all great for FFAs; I just love battling and screwing around on all of the big rooftop stages.

As for competitive matches, FD, SV, BF, and a few others is enough.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
I've wished this for as long as I could remember: a Billy hatcher map, where the sun and the moon constantly rise and set with Billy's/a Rooster's "Morning call" or a Raven's "Night magic spell".

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
A Paper Mario Stage.

If it weren't for the "Lil' Mac" stage, I would add cheering Mushroom Kingdom citizens that would either throw rocks or healing items at random times. Every now and them stage props will fall from the ceiling but none have any knockback, they just pelt you like Fox's lasers. They may do massive damage, though.

The audience may leave and different people may appear(Bob-omb, Toad, Goomba, X-naut, Koopa, Bulky Bob-omb, Koopatrol, Hammer bro, Luigi, Puni). There will always be an equal amount of villians as there is bystanders. This is because if your character is a villian, your connected attacks cause the villians to cheer(in a very loud, rude, arrogant way) for you. If you're playing a hero, the good guys will cheer for you politely and even in sync performing spins in the air and seeing aesthetic star point accumulate.

If both players are heroes or villians, the opposite crowd will just watch while the main crowd continuously cheers. If Bowser is in the stage, there will be only villians, if Mario is on stage there will be only heroes. If they are both on stage, the stage turns dark and everyone is quiet.

Upon entering the stage(3, 2, 1, GO!), Fire is shot out the ground and the curtain unfolds. For the sake of keeping the stage as legit as possible, I sadly have to say it'll be a walk off. Unless the stage transforms from time to time.

ImaClubYou

Smash Lord
NNID
ImaClubYou_Louie
3DS FC
3453-9816-8856
I'm disappointed in how slowly this thread is progressing. I love conjuring stage ideas and I hope this thread gets popular.
Disclaimer: Sorry, I love competitive Smash, but my creativity for stages gets to me.
Another idea I have is a Tales of Symphonia stage. Now before we go saying "Oh Lloyd ain't gonna make it" shadddddaaappp. I'm just doing it for fun. I'm sorry to you guys that are reading and I start talking about Tales things you possibly might not know..

If you remember this area, it's the final area before fighting Mithos Yggdrasill. It's also a floating island making it similar to Battlefields anatomy. For the sake of not being a clone of FD we'll add 2 Pokemon Stadium platforms and one slow moving platform in the middle going left to right.
Aesthetic features would be:
psychedelic purple waves in the background as well as a blue light in the middle.
Mithos in his adult form with his eyes closed murmuring to himself(He is without a Cruxis Crystal so he remains soulless).
The great seed hovering on top as well as Martel being inside.
The background often changes scenery.
Rocks and debris may fall down occassionally. They will not harm you however, but can sometimes block tne screen.
Angels of Cruxis and Demons alike will hover by and sometimes spectate.
Like in Spear Pillar(Brawl), the stage will feature multiple alternate backgrounds. In the first one we'll get Mithos standing still in the middle motionless, in the 2nd one he'll be fighting 4 of the heroes.(Preferably Lloyd Irving, Colette Brunel, and 2 randoms). And in the third transition we'll get Mithos in his final form, the robot he controls.
Here's a video in case you guys are lost.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KsHYQwHK04

Songs used:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iQApJo4TBeY]Fatalize

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnwWPN7evSc&list=PL0E7810E08501CACB]Full Force

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJVCuBnTZJU&list=PL0E7810E08501CACB]Struggle to Survive

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25-BEGZCc0U&list=PL0E7810E08501CACB]Fighting of the Spirits

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFWadiZkA_8]Like a Glint of Light

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1y-BHtO9068]Mithos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vuSwt3GWNrQ]Tales of Symphonia Japanese Opening(Starry Heaven)

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
If they bring back some 64, Melee and Brawl stages I'd want them reworked to Wii U standards to have a huge graphical overhaul and add much more detail to them. So it's still the same classic stage you want, but feels brand new.

A Corneria on steroids.
Same basic stage, just a little bigger.
And totally reworked background to make it look epic.
Have it travel into space too.
If Fox is playing have Wolf and his gang be the ships shooting at you and the stage.
If Wolf is playing have Fox, Falco and the gang shooting at you and the stage.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
A new Luigi's Mansion stage based off of one of the mansions from Dark Moon. It could switch between the five mansions from the game, each with their own gimmicks or stage hazards. Alternatively, it could be based solely off of the last mansion, where it switches between the four rooms based off of the other mansions, as well as other rooms, like the ship, or the planetarium, or the toybox. (fyi my memory of this stage is pretty shaky) There would be ghosts floating around as hazards, each with their own properties, with their chances of occurring reflecting their frequency in the game (Greenies are the most common, and those ones with the giant brains or w/e are really rare) The original Luigi's Mansion will return as a Brawl Stage.

I was actually going to suggest that the Dark Moon stage be on the Wii U version and a Dream Team stage on the 3DS version until I remembered that Dark Moon is also on the 3DS. Not that this is necessarily a problem, but it seems kind of unbalanced having two Luigi stages on the 3DS version and no Year of Luigi representation on the Wii U version.

A Toad Town stage based on Paper Mario Sticker Star would also be cool. I'd prefer one from the previous games admittedly, but Sticker Star is the most likely choice, unless they do a Sticker Star stage for the 3DS version and a stage from one of the other games on the console version, which isn't really very likely unless they decide to represent Paper Mario as its own franchise (Which they probably won't)

A Bowser's Castle stage would be amazing. It would be really hectic, with lava and bullet bills and the spinning fire chains and so on. It could either be based off of one of the Bowser/Bowser Junior stages from the Galaxy games, or as a representation of the 3D Land castles (In which case it'll probably be in the already revealed 3D Land/NSMB2 stage)

Some new Sonic stages would be cool, although we're most likely just getting Green Hill Zone again. Maybe one to represent each Era? Green Hill Zone for the Classic Era, based off of the Generations stage this time. It would have more gimmicks based off of Sonic the Hedgehog this time, to be a better representation. Maybe on top of the checkpoint, there's a signpost that you can knock about into the air and attack opponents with? And stuff like crumbling platforms and the spinning spiked logs and stuff from the actual Green Hill Zone? Eggman could act as a stage hazard, coming out in his wrecking ball machine. You have to attack him until it blows up, at which point he flies away. Or he could have a multitude of classic Sonic bosses, which are completely randomised. Hell, I think GHZ could work pretty well as a scrolling stage, as long as it isn't excessively annoying like Mushroomy Kingdom (Although to my knowledge scrolling stages tend to be looked down upon so eh)

The Dreamcast era would probably be City Escape, due to SA2 being a fan favourite among the 3D games and the GUN Truck having a lot of potential as a stage hazard. SEGA seems to really be stressing Seaside Hill as the modern Green Hill Zone, so it's also a possibility, although it'll probably only be in if it replaces Green Hill Zone, which I don't see happening. Speed Highway could make a fun stage, but probably isn't happening, unless they decide to choose SA1 as Sonic's debut to 3D, in which case Speed Highway is the obvious choice.

The Modern Era would probably either be Rooftop Run or Planet Wisp, or possibly a Lost World stage. Crisis City would be an interesting stage, but considering what game it came from, it's probably not all that likely. Rooftop Run would make a fun stage. There could be barrels rolling down from the background. You could blimb up the clock tower (I'm sorry for all the scrolling stages, but I guess it's just what makes the most sense for a Sonic stage) while Eggman's robots fire at you with lazers. I'm not sure how Planet Wisp would be, though.

Each era would have music from their own respective era as well, probably from whatever stage is in Generations. And hopefully ice Cap Zone because Ice Cap Zone rocks. And maybe the Sonic 1 Credits medley. And obviously some Lost World music, like Desert Ruins 2 (Which is a ****ing amazing tune oh god)

An Epic Yarn stage would be fun. There would be parts of the stage that you can unravel, revealing platforms or doors into other layers of the map, where stuff outside it doesn't affect you. A Return to Dreamland stage is likely, but I'm having trouble actually coming up with any ideas for it. Maybe the volcano world or something.

I think I had some other ideas but I kind of forgot them :<

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
As a new stage I really want Saturn Valley.

I'd really like for Halberd to return too, one of my favorite stages if not for how it plays, then for how amazing it looks.

moneyfrenzy

Smash Ace
I believe every character should have a stage to themselves, and every franchise with two or more characters should have an extra stage
What I really want is a lugis mansion dark moon stage that behaves like delfino plaza and skyloft

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Good thread.

I just finished drawing a stage i think should be in the new Smash.

View attachment 2013
Nah, too big. It'd probably be like New Pork City or something :U

For returning Brawl stages, I'd say:

-Delfino Plaza
-Halberd
-Luigi's Mansion
-Pirate Ship (Due to WWHD)
-Distant Planet
-Skyworld
-Smashville (This one's already confirmed though lol)

And maybe Warioware, although I expect a new stage to represent the series

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Although I wish they would stop using stages with graphics that are two generations old or more, (Skyward Sword and Pilot Wings)
I always wanted a stage based off of Chibi Robo.
(In chibi robo you play as a miniature cleaning robot in a house where the toys come to life at night when the family's asleep. So, like pikmin, regular everyday objects are massive.)
Fighting on the table in the living room, it could even have a day and night version. With the family on the couch and the dog cheering you on in the day, but at night all the toys come to life and spectate the fight, plus the table is viewed from the other side so you can see the tv playing the Drake Redcrest cartoon.

greenluigiman2

Smash Ace
A Sargasso Space Zone stage where you fight on the space rocks and you see the actual space station as well as the battle in the background.

Top Bottom