• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stages You Wish Were Legal

Which of these stages would you like to be legal?

• Frigate Orpheon

Votes: 37 58.7%
  • Brinstar

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • Pictochat

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Rainbow Cruise

Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Pokemon Stadium 2

Votes: 22 34.9%
  • Jungle Japes

Votes: 15 23.8%
  • Norfair

• Green Greens

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Distant Planet

Votes: 10 15.9%
  • Luigi's Mansion

• Pirate Ship

• Port Town Aero Dive

Votes: 11 17.5%
  • Yoshi's Island (Melee)

Votes: 8 12.7%
  • Big BLue

Votes: 5 7.9%
  • Hanenbow

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Other

• Total voters

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Here is an interesting poll, I'm curious to get people's feelings on this.

Some places have more stages legal then others, some have much less. I'm just curious to see if out of these commonly banned stages there are any people seriously wish were still legal.

So to keep it simple, give this a vote and explain yourself below!

(Note, I tried to take stages still legal in some places and not in others to keep it interesting, if there's a far our stage vote other and tell me why.)

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
I'm voting for the Pirate Ship. I used to hate playing it because of all the little things that go wrong. Once i learned the level, though, I found it easy to use all of the obstacles, dangers, and changes to hold the battle in my favor. Knowing you HAVE to go one direction because a bomb is heading toward one side and the catapult is ready to fire on the other side simplifies the gameplay a little bit and minimizes silly mistakes that come from open-ended situations. At least that's what I've seen.

PhD H

Smash Rookie
I wish jungle japes was legal since it offers camping platforms on the ends of the stage meanwhile the middle is lower with a Platform above.This could eliminate falco's lasers (if they crouch is low enough) as well as dodge some bombs from Link or Toon Link.The negative side is the water,which can either kill or carry you from the right side to the left.There are 6 ledges making this a good stage for MK sadly.Regardless it's a fun stage,and I like the idea of camping or waiting in the middle for them to attempt an approach.

The blast zones are pretty close so lightweights will die early.There is also a strategy I use at noob sessions (with snake) where I bury a mine at the rightmost Platfrom,and use the water for swift transportation to the left one and camp mortars + nades.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
So it seems Norfair and Brinstar are the most popular thus far with Frigate Orpheon, Rainbow Cruise, Pokemon Staduim 2, Jungle Japes, and Pirate Ship following. The others seem mostly ignored as of now, big surprise to me for Pirate Ship actually.

Let's get more votes to see how it goes.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
I voted for Frigate Orpheon, Brinstar, Rainbow Cruise, PS2, Japes, Distant Planet, Pirate Ship, Yoshi's Island (Melee), and other. The other is for the stages that have been banned at Apex 2014 that use to be legal and possibly Skyworld, still not sure about that stage as everything that is a problem on that stage can generally be solved by breaking the platforms.

I voted for everything except Big Blue, Hanenbow and Luigi's Mansion. There's nothing particularly wrong with Luigi's Mansion, I just hate the stage.

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
What are you guys talking about?

Hanenbow is legit as ****!

I mean, it's all about strategic spacing.

Also, you know you're at a great lead when you manage to bloom dat flower.

Gardex

Smash Lord
NNID
Gardex
3DS FC
2707-1617-4394
Frigate will always be a better stage than Delfino and Halberd.

Maybe even Castle tbh.

Also, RIP Rainbow and Brinstar. Lovely stages.

Penguin4478

Smash Cadet
I went for Pictochat because it's a nice, level stage, although random missile spawns can be quite annoying.

I would never vote for Luigi's mansion because projectiles are near useless on it unless you're using closer-range ones or piercing ones, and the ledges are hard for me to see when it's so dark.

Djent

Smash Champion
I voted RC/Brinstar/Frigate/PS2, and sure enough those 4 have the most votes atm. I guess I'm smack dab in the middle between "liberal" and "conservative" stagelist advocates.

Penguin4478

Smash Cadet
Heh, I forgot about Halberd. Gotta love that stage, even though there are some hazards (That are pretty easy to avoid, nonetheless). Delfino's actually gotta by my favorite non-tournament stage though because I just love Sunshine and I love the scenery that's in Delfino Plaza.

Thor

Smash Champion
I messed my vote up because I forgot to include Frigate (oops thought it was legal). I think PS2 isn't that bad, and I find it fun to play on (is it the ice, the floatiness, or that it transforms at all? I don't seem to remember the other transformations having any notable issues...). Yoshi's Island Melee was what I accidentally voted for in place of Frigate (not sure how that got messed up but I read it and clicked yes and then reread and was like OH SH** and couldn't fix it). I actually wouldn't mind it being unbanned, but not ahead of Frigate. I like distant planet because the spawns can break up camping by the blast line and the stage hazards are pretty predictable (and also funny when used against the opponent properly). It also messes up Dedede's chaingrab fantastically (and helps Pika and Falco, no complaints there either heh heh heh...). I find Luigi's Mansion fine for doubles (two people can knock it down pretty fast if the other team is in teching heaven, from my experience) and maybe in singles but I see why it was banned and am not mad at its ban.

I also clicked the other button for the trolls because I was like "SMASHVILLE AIN'T ON THE LIST?! CLICK THE OTHER BUTTON! BRING BACK SMASHVILLE AND BATTEFIELD AND FINAL DESTINATION!!!" But I wouldn't actually mind seeing Maze/Bath/Hole if they stopped the stalling (because watching M2K CP Hole was probably the funniest moment on stream I've seen, ever. 4 Lucarios was also quite amusing. As were the announcers who wanted to rage-quit)

D

Deleted member

Port Town is so much fun... but Frigate would be a pretty good counterpick stage.

Game And Rock

Smash Rookie
Voting for Jungle Japes this is definitely my favorite stage to play in, always liked how you had to act fast to get out of the water to recover idk why :)

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Orpheon, Distant Planet, and Yoshi's Island. I don't see anything wrong with these stages, as they hold no damaging hazards (Sure, there's the Bulborb in Planet, but that's easy to avoid).

popsofctown

Smash Champion
Not sure what kind of votes you want in this.. like, there are some stages that I am happy are banned because I don't like them being around, but they are often stages I feel have a right to be in play.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Not sure what kind of votes you want in this.. like, there are some stages that I am happy are banned because I don't like them being around, but they are often stages I feel have a right to be in play.
This one was for personal taste. I understand there are some perfectly viable stages people just don't want to play on, but there seems to be quite a few a good number still DO want to play on but are banned, which is sad really.

Dr. Krumm

Smash Apprentice
For some reason I just love Port Town Aero Dive! Those F-Zero Machines are so ridiculously strong and I just love it! And many of those transformations are not that bad, I enjoy most of them a lot.
On top of that, the stage has amazing music!

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
For some reason I just love Port Town Aero Dive! Those F-Zero Machines are so ridiculously strong and I just love it! And many of those transformations are not that bad, I enjoy most of them a lot.
On top of that, the stage has amazing music!
Plus the cars are actually on a non random pattern, so it's not impossible to not get hit :)

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
I voted for everything except Big Blue, Hanenbow and Luigi's Mansion. There's nothing particularly wrong with Luigi's Mansion, I just hate the stage.
LOLOL projectile shields

Welp. I was about to ask a question about Bridge of Eldin, but I realized then that chaingrabs could get really really bad there with the walk-offs.

PKBeam

Smash Lord
NNID
PKBeam64
Switch FC
SW 0386 4264 7224
BoE is bad, but not solely because of :dedede:.
anyone who can camp already has a big adv., especially against characters with bad-ish mobility like ganon
timeouts from anyone with tons of mobility (or more mobility than you), like :jigglypuff:

basically all of FD's probs magnified 3x, add in walkoffs and literally no offstage game
i think :olimar: is pretty broken on BoE

CURRY

Smash Journeyman
BoE actually DOES have an offstage game.
Hardly though, You can just recover to the other side. This makes ledge trapping near obsolete.
I used to be a Ness main, and well, his meteor smash is great. I never pulled off a meteor KO while playing with friends on BoE.

Top Bottom