• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

stages you hate in Sm4sh

Venom | Infinity

Smash Rookie
When I see the castle siege logo, it brings shivers down my spine. I despise that stage, making it even worst because it is tournament legal.

BMK

Smash Rookie
NNID
Beerian
I only really play competitive stages so I have no problem with any of them.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
Wily Castle for obvious reasons. Norfair because the lava is REALLY annoying.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I'm all for crazy stages, as I don't have much interest in the competitive scene. I actually used to love some stages that a lot of folks around these parts can't stand, Like Icicle Mountain and New Pork City.

That said, I hate Woolly World. It's frustrating to no end, particularly the sky portion, and I just never have any fun on that stage.

EnigmaticKnight

Smash Apprentice
I never did like Pac-Land, Pyrosphere, Palutena's Temple, and the Great Cave Offensive that much.

Defex

Smash Cadet
NNID
toot1231
any with major hazards

minor hazards im fine with as in the blocks in mario world, or the tornado in hyrule

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Probably Jungle Hijinx, Pac-land or Skyloft (I really hate Skyloft)

On a quirky note, I LOVE great cave offensive... Because it has the best music in the game. King Dedede Theme Ver 2

Turrin

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Turrin
3DS FC
4425-1919-5126
Didn't we have a thread like this a while back? Anyway, I'll just say it again.

THIS MOTHER******* STAGE
I have died more times than I can count through the middle. Fox's final smash is an instant death here. Not only that, but you cannot kill anyone - ever. They will tech the slopes and live to 521%. Either that or they'll bounce off the little blocks in the middle and survive.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Pac-Land, Skyworld and 75m. Kinda wish Reset Bomb Forest and Pac-Maze were ported to the Wii U version, while Skyworld was madequate to be a bit more like it is in Uprising, the music can stay though. It couldve been kinda like this
•Palutena's Temple
-Boss Fight 1
-Lightning Chariot Base
-Destroyed Skyworld
-In the Space Pirates Ship
-Boss Fight 2
-Magnus Theme
-The Aurum Hive
-The Return of Palutena
-Lightning Battle

•Reset Bomb Forest
-Dark Pit Theme
-Dark Pit
-Wrath of the Reset Bomb(original)
-Wrath of the Rest Bomb(Remix)
-Thunder Cloud Temple
-Hades's Infernal Theme
-Orne Theme

Skyworld
-Over world
-Title
-Underworld
-Retro Medley
-Reapers Theme

Pac Man Land. Ew....the music sucks and so does the stage. It's so terrible.

Pac Man too is also lame just like his stage.
Have you seen a good Pac-Man before like Abadango? Watch him or any other Pac-Main, and you'll change your mind.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
For me it would be Pac-Land, 75m, and Wily's Castle.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
Since there are so many I don't like, it may be easier on everyone to just state the ones I do like:

Gamer - The Mommy death vision is a funny novel distraction. It gets exciting when her vision moves even faster and pops up on short notice.

MK8 Mario Circuit - I felt this is a huge improvement over Brawl's Mario Circuit because we're still playing on a base platform, with the added illusion of playing on perspective and gravity. I found it pretty cool when the platforms we stand on were actually the racing barriers and that we were viewing the track from a top view with the karts swinging by on top. The other really fun bit is when our platform turns upside down and the race track becomes a tangible ceiling.

Jungle Hijynx - Being allowed to play off the foreground is both novel and creative. "Hey I don't need to fight you on the main stage. Let's take this out in the back over there!"

Pilot Wings - Only for the parts where the plane flies through openings in the rocks. Can't make it in? Boom!

Scootch

The coolest Yoshi of them all
NNID
Little_Dragon34
I hate just about all of the walk-off stages. It is annoying because you can kill yourself my accident by rolling out of the screen or a miss input.

Quarium

Smash Journeyman
I just don't enjoy the ones with bosses, even the gimmicky and silly ones are better than that dumb mechanic.

Because of this
Sakurai: The wii u version is going to have over 300 songs
Fans: WOW REALLY!
Sakurai: Recycled from melee and brawl!
Fans: :(
almost 600 I believe, also why do people not like returning songs? Making music ain't easy and the game has a ****ton of amazing new music ALONG with awesome songs from past games that I would have not liked to see gone. The Mario Bros theme by Hirokazu ando from hal for example or the Angel Island rock remix! Pretty sure other people feel the same about many songs they loved from past games.

Danny of AD 1

Smash Apprentice
Pac maze is annoying
Palutenas temple is annoying
75m is annoying
Hyrule temple is annoying
Dream land n64 is annoying
Jungle Japes is annoying
Nor fair is annoying
Wrecking crew is annoying
Gamer is annoying
Magicant is annoying
Boxing ring is annoying
Onett is annoying
Flat zone x is annoying
Flat zone 2 is annoying
Warioware Inc is annoying
Bridge of Eldin is annoying
Forest of hope is annoying
Final destination is annoying

D

Deleted member

Pac-Land. Ever since day one, I've utterly despised that unfun, ineptly designed mess of a stage. I'd rather play New Pork City for crying out loud, and I legitimately like that stage. Another one I cannot stand is 75m. How do you fight properly in that stage? I'll never know.

Thanos6

Smash Cadet
NNID
Thanos6
Magicant. There are other stages I dislike, but it's the only one in the series I downright hate. It combines a franchise I dislike with a gimmick I dislike.

Rinku リンク

Hero of "Likes"
NNID
JinnyK
I usually play competitively but when I play casually with others it's definitively:

- Walk-off stages

- Side-scrolling stages

- Gigantic stages that let everyone live over 9000%

- Major hazard stages that can kill you absurdly early.

All of these just ruin any chance of having any fun for me (especially with items on lol).

ralph458

Smash Cadet
NNID
larosawiiu
75m=Always accidentally use ladders
Wily Castle=Yellow Devil
Gaur Plains=Structure
Big Battlefield= It's battle field, but slightly bigger with an extra 3 platforms
Windy Hill=The f***ing spring spins just as I'm using it to recover and I get sent down. and it's more proof that Sonic Lost World is "Borrowing" from Super Mario Galaxy, it has the same gravity gimmick as the stage for that game.
Pyrosphere=Ridley
Bridge of Eldin=Bland unoriginal
Town and City= I always get caught on the platforms as they leave so I die on this stage alot
Palutena's Temple=Get lost all the time

ralph458

Smash Cadet
NNID
larosawiiu
Magicant. There are other stages I dislike, but it's the only one in the series I downright hate. It combines a franchise I dislike with a gimmick I dislike.
Oh you're gonna get DESTROYED just for saying you hate Mother on a site like this.
And I will laugh. Personally though, I have no opinion of the Mother franchise.

atreyujames

The Laziest Man in the North
NNID
Atreyujames
Oh you're gonna get DESTROYED just for saying you hate Mother on a site like this.
And I will laugh. Personally though, I have no opinion of the Mother franchise.
He isn't alone haha. I'm not really a big fan of the Mother series either. It's kinda boring for a supposed "classic JRPG".

Top Bottom