• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Spikes?

Bomber7

Smash Hero
Just a curiosity thread. Is anyone here familiar with the mechanics of performing a stage spike. I'm playing on PS1 against a CP PT and it was an Ivy ditto and when the CP was on the ledge at a very high % I dash attacked and spiked the CP off stage. I'm now begining to become curious is anyone is familiar with it enough to where if the situation was right if they could time a stage spike well to where they could do it consecutively if they had to. All I'm familiar with is just bomb spikes and the stages they are on, other than that I'm clueless. If no one is able to help me that is fine, I just want to see if it's possible for someone out there to be able to do stage spikes second natured and not by mere accident like I do rarely.

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
Just off the top of my head, I once fair stagespiked a Fox at 30% on Battlefield. It's just a matter of angles.

anax4aero

Smash Cadet
It's not likely that they can be used so extensively, not only because the angles are probably difficult to calculate, but because I cannot imagine a competitive player remaining on the edge without invisibility frames.
Planned stage spikes are better when gimping or being edgeguarded, I wouldn't count on it while on land.

T-block

B2B TST
It's not likely that they can be used so extensively, not only because the angles are probably difficult to calculate, but because I cannot imagine a competitive player remaining on the edge without invisibility frames.
Planned stage spikes are better when gimping or being edgeguarded, I wouldn't count on it while on land.
It happens more than you might think. People stall on the edge all the time. Ivysaur's dash attack hitbox might even be big enough to hit them if they ledgedrop.

There isn't much to it...some dash attacks have a hitbox that extend far enough to hit someone hanging on the edge. Ivysaur is one, Game and Watch is another. I think Squirtle's might on some stages, but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure it's stage dependent too. I'll do some testing later tonight.

Bomber7

Smash Hero
It happens more than you might think. People stall on the edge all the time. Ivysaur's dash attack hitbox might even be big enough to hit them if they ledgedrop.

There isn't much to it...some dash attacks have a hitbox that extend far enough to hit someone hanging on the edge. Ivysaur is one, Game and Watch is another. I think Squirtle's might on some stages, but I'm not sure. I'm pretty sure it's stage dependent too. I'll do some testing later tonight.
Thank you and all I'm familiar with for Squirtle is a stage like Smashville.

Top Bottom