• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Idea: Nintendo Land

PugRme

Smash Rookie
I want Plusle and Minun in the next Smash bros.
Nintendo Land would obviously be based off the Wii U game, Nintendo Land. So the way the stage would be similar to smashville in the way the stage is set-up. You would be moving from attraction to attraction, viewing all the sites there are. Also there wouldn't be a lot of gameplay affecting hazards.
*coughspearpillarcough*

Why would this stage be special? It would incorporate the theme of these attractions onto the stage.
Except octopus dance, that one wasn't so good.
As you go along the appearance of the platform would also change.
I'll be going into more detail down below.

The first attraction would be LoZ: Battle Quest. It would be the attraction you start on. Nothing much would happened here in this area. Except for ROBOTIC TINGLE. Yes, Tingle would be appear in this area, except he's a robot. He'd do nothing special at all except act as a platform. You can pop his traditional balloon and he might land on the stage. He'll just dance around for a bit and then blow his balloon back up and float away.

Next up would be Pikmin Adventure. This one would also be rather peaceful. As soon as you enter this area pellet flowers would start to grow. After a while onions would fly down and if you throw pellets into the onion, of the same color, would make an item in an item appear. You would also be able to see what's happening below.

Next in the line would be the Metroid Blast stage. You'd fly past all the carnage down below. Occasionally Samus' ship would fly up and act as a platform. Nothing too amazing, just a moving platform.

Mario Chase would be the Forth in line to appear. It wouldn't have much either, but it would add extra platforms and make a robotic Yoshi appear, it would act as a platform. This Yoshi-bot would walk around and jump. When you are leaving the attraction area it'd jump off and sprout wings similar to Yoshi's Final Smash.

The Next attraction would be Luigi's Ghost Mansion. As soon as you enter the stage the mood changes to a darker atmosphere. This would probably be the stage that messes with the gameplay the most, with it's blinding thunder claps and slippery rain it sure would be annoying. Thunder Claps would make the screen go white for a second and would blind everyone for a second and the rain would make jumping not as high.

Sometimes even if you get lucky after a random thunder clap you'll see everything in the background is upside down. You'll hear King Boo chuckle and the background will flip back to normal.

After that one would be the Animal Crossing: Sweet Day attraction. It would add another platform above the bottom one, it'd be parallel to the one below. On the edges of the original platform, two guards would appear and they would alternate which way they are facing. They would do nothing unless attacked, when they get attacked they would attack you and do a little damage, up to 5%.

Up next would have to be the Yoshi's Fruit Cart attraction. It would be pretty tame. You would be floating past Yoshi's Island, but on the stage would be a Yoshi nest filled with eggs with robotic Yoshis waddling around it. After sometime all the eggs would be catapulted out and would become using items. They would act like capsules.

Donkey Kong's Crash Course would be very weird. As soon as you enter these towers would start constructing themselves. Robotic NES Donkey Kongs would appear at the top of them. They would role barrels down the towers occasionally. The Kongs can't actually hurt you, but the barrels can. When the barrels reach the bottom they simply roll off the side. They don't roll barrels constantly but they do it often. Also a little cart would race around the stage, dodging barrels.

Takamaru's Ninja Castle would be pretty tame. I can't think of any thing very interesting for this stage. So let's move on.

Captain Falcon's Twister Race would be very easy to do. The stage would lower its self down onto the race track. Three platforms similar to Battlefield. F-Zero machines would roar past and they would resemble the cars from the games. After two laps, the stage would pop out and go to the attraction.

This final stage would be Balloon Trip Breeze. It would be very basic, except for the water at the bottom. If you swim in the water that iconic fish will come out of the water and grab you. Occasionally a Balloon Fighter will float by. You can attack him and he will fall into the water. He will act as a platform, he will move around really fast and sometimes slow.

If you like my idea, please give feedback. If you didn't like it, give feedback. This is my first idea. Feel free to point out my mistakes.

nessokman

Smash Lord
Nintendoland metroid has vs. mode and a vs. ridley i think.Ridley could fly if the background and shoot the occasional fireball

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Therw is way too much going on for the stage to be even remotely fun. Why not just have the players fight on the train in the Nintendo Land plaza, giving view to the entire park and it's attractions? Not only are you able to represent all of the various themes in Nintendo Land, but you do so without having to make some wacky stage that is more of a challenge to play than necessary.

Aipom

Smash Journeyman
I feel like a Nintendo Land stage would be a pretty nice idea. The train idea is pretty interesting. I like both, but I feel as though the first idea is pretty complex

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
Therw is way too much going on for the stage to be even remotely fun. Why not just have the players fight on the train in the Nintendo Land plaza, giving view to the entire park and it's attractions? Not only are you able to represent all of the various themes in Nintendo Land, but you do so without having to make some wacky stage that is more of a challenge to play than necessary.

I like this idea. The Warioware stage from last time wasn't very fun, even when playing casually, simply because it changed so often. But if you were to have it on the train, with the occasional obstacle coming out from one of the attractions (errant ninja stars coming at you from Takamaru, breezes as you pass Balloon Fight, etc.), it could be fun.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Dude what if you were riding on the Nintendoland tour train?

EDIT: Woops the guy above me already suggested that. But seriously have this stage on DAT train!

Luco

Smash Hero
NNID
dracilus
3DS FC
2638-1462-5558
Remember, we're looking at it from a competitive perspective. I'm pretty sure my friends still enjoy NPC, you know. :p

Just saying, casual players might not worry about it and competitive players can stay the heck away from it if they want. =)

Top Bottom