• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Discussion Thread

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
So I want to start closely examining stages and their potential, and want to create this thread to encourage others to do the same. I don't mind what stages you talk about; as long as you have useful info feel free to share/discuss.

I'll start with some bits about Kongo Jungle:

-Using WDK, we can go to the other side, or even use WDK followed by returning to the same ledge(I used Dwrk Fists too)

-If you shoot out of the canon at either of the two non moving plsatforms' higher area you can, instead of appearing in a knocked over state, use bair to stand right out of the shot animation with zero lag. You can do this on the low side, but you'kl have lag. You can also buffer specials out of this.

-With very strict timing, you can press back to drop off the ledge, jump forward, and Flame Choke at the center while appearing on stage. After testing I don't believe we can Ganoncide, but still it's a pretty good mix up.

-Ganoncide into the canon puts us in the canon and leaves them to fall. Some can recover from this, but others with bad recovery are as good as dead, especially since we're occupying the canon. This would be a free kill on them in this scenario.

-Whatever direction you face going into the canon is the direction you face coming out, e.g. facing left going in means you'll face left coming out.

-WDK can send you right into the canon after dropping off the ledge.

Battlefield:

-Using Warlock Blade, you can jump off the low platform and at the apex of a full hop use WB to hit offstage foes. The thing is, the momentum from the attack makes you use it offstage while still being able to return, you can even get an uair out with good timing. This can be done with a turnaround reverse WB, but it's a lot more strict.

-WDK on the low platforms makes you appear on the stage if used at the part of the platform towards the edge, or appear on the platform if used on the part of the platform towards the center of the stage.

-We can WDK after pressing back to drop off the ledge, followed by using a jump and any up b(Even Fists) to go to the other ledge. Yes, Ganondorf can go under battlefield and recover.

Smashville:

-You can drop through the platform, Wizkick, and Dark Dive to the ledge.

-Falling through the plat can lead to a great surprise Ganoncide.

-Can WDK to the other side or return to the original ledge from a ledge drop.

-As the platform moves, you can full hop rising Warlock Blade( Probably any neutral special ), use it offstage, and return to the stage.

-Can drop off the ledge, use a quick jump and up special onto the platform when it's not above the stage.

Omega Lylat Cruise:

-One of my favorite stages as it hurts so many recoverys, yet I think we suffer little to none. We can angle our recovery anywhere from very diagonaleither way to straight up, with a ledge snap working from under the ledge. Going here vs. say Pikachu or Rosalina I feel more confident.

Halberd:

-Can WDK after dropping from the ledge, and either return to the same ledge or go to the other one.

-When the platform lands at the area with the canon, you can drop off the ledge, wdk to slide down that wall, and up special back to the ledge.

Delfino:

-Can WDK to the other ledge or return to the original one.

-The second section with the green pillars, not sure but I think using WDK from the center pillar to the left pillar produces a small slide, possibly by holding forward but again unsure.

-The section after that, on the building, you can WDK while standing next to that slightly raised center and can do what appears to be half a WDK. You hop onto the raised center, kick, and just stop half way while still using the full duration of the move. This could be a really interesting mind game.

-Can WDK onto the Sunshine Tower's raised center from the lower ground, seeming to travel the normal distance although still half the distance of this raised ground.

-When the platforms are arranged similar to battlefield, you can WDK, jump, WDK again while not have touched the ground, and recover with any up special.

-Can WDK from the low ground onto the high ground at the umbrella area, seemingly with either full distance or slightly reduced distance.

-Can WDK into the wall of the Sunshine Tower after dropping off the ledge, then recover back to the same ledge.

-Can drop through the low battlefield formation platform, WDK under the stage, rising Uair the center of the stage, and recover to the ledge in the direction you WDKed, possibly both ledges.

-At the beach area with the pipe in the background, right before the top platform of a battlefield formation fades away you can drop through it and aerial WDK down the slope of the beach and actually wizkick ledge cancel from this.

-Can WDK from the center green pillar to the left one and ledge cancel.

Duck Hunt:

-Depending on where the last duck is killed is where the dog rises.

-From the left dog platform, you can WDK onto the right tree and ledge cancel off the right side of it.

-From the leftmost platform of the left tree, you can WDK towards the stage, rising up onto the right platforms and lessening your distance while using the full duration of the move.

-All the varying heights of platforms here are different areas in which you can Wizkick offstage opponents.

-Use the left dog platform to reach the high platforms on the left tree easier, which helps deal with potential camping.

-When you know the dog platform will rise, you can ready a smash or lengthy move like Warlock Punch or Utilt to hit unsuspecting foes.

More to come, likely for these stages as well. Keep in mind I'm typing this out on the gamepad though.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Nice, but I think you should use some formating and structure in the OP.

SH AC Stomp on stages with slopes, as well as Dtilt on the whole cast after Gerudoing ppl in downhill.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Dark Fists is absolutely ridiculous on stages with low ceilings (Halberd, Town and City, and Delfino). You can get sub 40% kills grounded, even earlier in the air.

JmacAttack

Wielder of the Triforce
BRoomer
NNID
DudeMcPersonMan
3DS FC
1865-1222-7961
Dark Fists is absolutely ridiculous on stages with low ceilings (Halberd, Town and City, and Delfino). You can get sub 40% kills grounded, even earlier in the air.
Halberd also has unique sliding effects for Ganon. Using Wizard Dropkick from one of the high slopes causes Ganon to slide up the other slope and potentially to the ledge. Can help during combos and chases.

The Shadow Emperor

Smash Apprentice
-Ganoncide into the canon puts us in the canon and leaves them to fall. Some can recover from this, but others with bad recovery are as good as dead, especially since we're occupying the canon. This would be a free kill on them in this scenario.
I managed to pull this off against my friend unintentionally.

Twice.

In the same match.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Kinda forgot about this lol, will edit OP when I have some more time.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
After the patch Lylat is really good for Dorf, he can recover much more reliably now.
Also if you get an opponent to one of the platforms with a choke (made easier due to the tilting), it's pretty much a free U-smash due to how small the platforms are there.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I've never really liked playing on Lylat Cruise as Ganon, but I normally do really well on it.
Pretty funny.

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Norfair will forever be the best stage for Ganon.

The amount of ridiculous manoeuvrability we have is godly. Shame it's never legal.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
So about Castle seige.
I've had surprising amount of success on castle seige against projectile heavy characters, mostly because of the 2nd phase.
The first part is pretty good for ganon due to the platforms & how small it is, but i want to talk the 2nd phase.
The statues can be incredible against projectile heavy characters like R.O.B & Luigi, both of their projectile game is made signifigantly worse due to the statues blocking them (Gyros & fireballs ) which made it easier for me to get in, it's also good against R.O.B because of the very high ceiling making Ganondorf harder to ko.
Also it's a walkoff so f-tilt & f-smash are godlike there (the statues also extend the hitbox a bit if hit).

It's not good against everybody though, if faster characters like Sonic & Falcon (especially Falcon) can get a grab on the 2nd phase it's pretty much a free stock for them.
Also some characters can just stall out the 2nd phase if they have good enough air mobility (Diddy kong can just side-B off the top platforms & Ganondorf can't do anything about it).

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Wuhu Island is a great stage for Ganon on customs, kinda bad if you're not running WDK given its huge blastzone.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Wuhu Island is a great stage for Ganon on customs, kinda bad if you're not running WDK given it's huge blastzone.
Wuhu island isn't legal in most places anyway ;_;.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
IMO pre patch Lylat was one of our best stages, specifically omega. We have such an insane ledge snap range that we can get caught under it and snap to the ledge and teleport to it lol, It messed with so many other recoverys more so that others, it was pretty much a better fd variant for me anyway. I don't use the stage at all now though although I think it's still really bad for Rosa due to her keeping momentum and going past the ledge afaik and Ness bouncing off. I'd honestly cp it vs. Rosa, she can't use plats there to juggle easily and I feel that + her recovery thing is enough to justify it provided you can handle the crappy approach vs. her camping.

Also, we can full hop off the low plats and use our double jump + Uair(Maybe any aerial?). It's an interesting mix up provided you've use offstage airkick earlier as despite using it from higher ground nobody seems to realize I can jump into Uair.

Top Bottom