• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Stage Builder

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
This, this, and freaking this. If Nintendo releases songs for existing stages as DLC, the stage builder should be able to use them too.
I'd honestly be shocked if that didn't happen. Although the song would probably have to default to Battlefield or something if someone were to download a stage with a song that they don't own.

Blue Warrior

Smash Apprentice
My biggest problem with the current stage builder is that it's extremely limited in terms of how you can place your blocks. The game restricts you from placing certain blocks around or directly under another block for no reason other than to possibly prevent them from glitching the system out, and it renders pretty much all of the "scenic" blocks completely useless and makes certain blocks such as moving platforms and slopes less desirable to use.

Other than that, all I really care is basic stuff that has to do with general platforming. It would be nice if there was a little more flexibility in the moving platforms, since that could create some really interesting stage designs. Item and player spawn placements would be a nice addition as well.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
My biggest problem with the current stage builder is that it's extremely limited in terms of how you can place your blocks. The game restricts you from placing certain blocks around or directly under another block for no reason other than to possibly prevent them from glitching the system out, and it renders pretty much all of the "scenic" blocks completely useless and makes certain blocks such as moving platforms and slopes less desirable to use.

Other than that, all I really care is basic stuff that has to do with general platforming. It would be nice if there was a little more flexibility in the moving platforms, since that could create some really interesting stage designs. Item and player spawn placements would be a nice addition as well.
All of this. The game needs to be a lot more lenient towards block placement. Decorative blocks take up far too much space. Honestly, as long as one block isn't directly intersecting another, we should be able to place them. Moving platforms don't count, though. They should be able to go through blocks. That could be really interesting, like you said.

Also, where's your avatar from? I'm curious.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Being able to texture blocks would be a huuuuge plus for me. Like having a texture pallet, or even better just have every block be availble with all textures from a pallet of options. And yes, spaces that the block does not physically exist in needs to go! Especially moving platforms.

I hope the side ways moving platform will have a top of the grid piece and a bottom of the grid piece. Yes, the platform does need to take up blocks, but having only sideways moving platforms on the top of the grid sometimes ruins my map ideas.

metho

Smash Rookie
They should let us take a picture with the gamepad so we can use it as a background.

Top Bottom