• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash Wii U Stage Builder - Now better than ever!

Sandfall

Stage Designer
This stage builder announcement made me so happy. I'm kind of impressed by the sheer amount of flexibility we get here. I can't wait to see what we'll be able to make! I also plan to use this to easily make prototypes for Brawl/PM stage mods. Hopefully they'll be easily shareable like Brawl's were.

Last edited:

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
I hope there is a lot of stage extras that you can place. I want to make a map filled with permanently placed bumpers.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
I love it, I wasn't one for making my own stages, but this could open up really cool ideas.

I wish you could use paint to make your own backgrounds, but that would allow insanely morbid pictures.

Then again so does the image sharing feature, so what's the difference?

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
With all the immature people (I was gonna say kids but I know plenty of 21+ year olds who belong in this category including myself) playing Smash, all I could think of when I saw the stage builder and Miiverse stage was.. "So... many.. d*cks phalluses.."

likiji123

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Likiji123
3DS FC
2964-9225-5942
I guess that i'm gonna recreate all the smash 64 stages again (maybe melee as well)

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I wonder how many exploits will be possible with this new Stage Builder.
Finally all the custom **** will be unlockable fast.

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
I love the new Stage Builder.
Finally we can recreate some of the N64 properly, if they're not in as retro stage already.
Hyrule Castle will be the first I create! :p

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I love the new Stage Builder.
Finally we can recreate some of the N64 properly, if they're not in as retro stage already.
Hyrule Castle will be the first I create! :p
You can make the layout, but still having a limit of 5 backgrounds and textures is pretty lame imho. They could've added the possibility of actually draw all the textures by yourself.

SirIanAsh

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ianash1
3DS FC
5086-1581-2800
I'm not gonna be creative, I'm just gonna spam traps like a real man :3

SSBIx3M

Smash Apprentice
You can make the layout, but still having a limit of 5 backgrounds and textures is pretty lame imho. They could've added the possibility of actually draw all the textures by yourself.
At last it is better than Brawl's.
I can't complain! ;)

Whiteface

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheRealWhiteface
I -cannot- wait to steal view and appreciate what you creative geniuses come up with. So epic... So so epic.

TheCrimsonFlash

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4828-4417-3634
It's such an improvement it blows my mind. I love stage builder so so much, I spent at least 50 hours in stage builder on brawl alone. First I plan to recreate my custom stages from brawl then see what my mind comes up with. :) These are the stages i'm quite proud of.

For real though I cant wait to make my trademark gigantic boxed in stage lined with spikes and small platforms AND HAVE IT ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO KO PEOPLE.
Or you know the ability to actually put the spikes on the ceiling?? This gives me a great idea for a torture chamber type of stage xD.

Last edited:

GoldWindRequiem

Smash Cadet
NNID
RicochetRocket
I remember recreating Mr. Saturn's sprite in Brawl's stage builder, but I couldn't create his bow because I ran out of space. (limitations... *grumble* *grumble*)

I'll gladly give it a second go in Smash Wii U.

Azew

Smash Lord
Out of all the things shown in that direct, this is probably my favorite (my music is a close second). I guess that shows how strange my priorities are.

Running Low

Smash Rookie
Haha they went too far, i mean, this is far too good. And adding the possibility of sharing our creations they just made it perfect.

This Stage Builder seriously exceeded my expectations. Check this out:

The blast zones are visible in the top picture... and walls were drawn past them. WALKOFF STAGES.
Just by looking at stages like this one we have two options:

1) (Less likely) Spawn points are random.

2) (Most likely) Customisable spawn points.

Or even better we'll have them both, so yaay :)

allison

She who makes bad posts
NNID
crazyal02
3DS FC
0216-1055-4584
Haha they went too far, i mean, this is far too good. And adding the possibility of sharing our creations they just made it perfect.

Just by looking at stages like this one we have two options:

1) (Less likely) Spawn points are random.

2) (Most likely) Customisable spawn points.

Or even better we'll have them both, so yaay :)
Hey, that's true. Stages like this would be awkward if locked into random/preset spawn points. Hmmm...

Last edited:

Shog

Smash Ace
Btw am I the only one hyped for the danger zones? With them you could place underneath a "floating" final destination like stage a safe barrier against camping underneath the stage(maybe some characters could do it)

With sharing, is it confirmed to be used in competitive play?

Btw am I the only one hyped for the danger zones? With them you could place underneath a "floating" final destination like stage a safe barrier against camping underneath the stage(maybe some characters could do it)

With sharing, is it confirmed to be used in competitive play?
Danger Zones have tons of potential for some fun matches. Can't wait to try them out!

Not sure about anything sharing related, sorry.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Considering there's no project m or mods for smash wii u, I'll use this mode frequently. It looks like alot of fun!

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
The stage builder is, as far as in concerned, the true selling point of this game.

Infinity replay value.

Nebulax

Smash Cadet
We could create some seriously viable competitive playing fields with this. Really, we need to think about it. It would certainly add a lot of variety to out stage list.

Top Bottom