• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - E3 Invitational 2014 Stage Builder at E3?

Ryan.

Smash Lord
One of Brawl's more popular features that has yet to be shown is Stage Builder. Do you think this will be shown off at E3, or do you think we will have to wait until Miiverse updates/release to see if Stage Builder will be returning? Also, what new features do you think may occur to Stage Builder?

Edit: Well E3 is over and no Stage Builder. :( Oh well, maybe we will see it soon or post-release. Not sure where these E3 speculation threads will be going but this one could be locked if need be.

Last edited:

Giga Man

Smash Journeyman
I want Stage Builder back so badly, you don't even know. Even with its terrible limitations, I spent several long hours just making stage after stage after stage.
It should have a wider variety of parts and backgrounds and let you change the stage boundaries, since they were always too big even in the smallest stage setting in Brawl. Update the game with packs of new parts via periodic DLC (free or paid, I don't care).
Mega Man: Powered Up (for PSP) had an amazing stage creator. They could learn something from that.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Smash Lord
I really enjoyed stage builder too, and I like your suggestions. Really would like it if you could also add terrain, water, lava, etc. Stuff like that.

I think it may be shown off at E3, and I really hope so.

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
I too want this back in a revamped version, I love creating things. DLC-related Stage Builder add-ons sounds awesome as well. This is the one thing about Brawl that has so much potential. Imagine being able to angle objects in a 360 degree, draw backgrounds, platforms and etc with the GamePad(think of the DS stage in Brawl). Place Bosses on your stage, make a large-scale adventurous stage like in Smash Run. What about an obstacle course? The possibilities are endless, but I'm not getting my hopes up at all.

My ONLY doubt though is that in Palutena's Temple it has the orange spring from Stage Builder in it...not sure if it means much.

D

Deleted member

I personally think a revamped stage builder could be exactly what the nfc figurines could be used for. Depending on the figurine used, you can unlock stage assets based on that franchise, and you save stages onto the figurine to immediately load up stages on a friends console. In a 90 minute presentation about smash brothers, I wouldn't be surprised if they elaborate on it.

Morbi

Scavenger
Maybe the Stage-Builder is the Wii U exclusive "game-mode," I don't know, but it was my favorite feature. It saved Brawl for me.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I've got a random suspicion that there won't be as many stages this time around to emphasize a revamped and majorly improved stage builder, to encourage creativity. Like how custom movesets are being integrated to allow creativity in playstyle.

supercopper64

Smash Ace
NNID
CaptainOfWar
3DS FC
1650-2938-3501
It would be cool if you could download other people's stages. I would be contantly making epic stages. Well they were pretty awful according to other people but, I took it with a grain of salt. Not really, I took it with a pile of salt, :shaker:

Shariq

Smash Journeyman
yeah. As some others have said. Being able to upload and share stages would be really cool. They could have a stage sharing hub where all uploaded stages are categorized. Like most popular, highest rated, etc.

Ryan.

Smash Lord
Thanks for your thoughts everyone, love the ideas! I am still pumped about how long the presentation is, let's hope they mention Stage Builder.

NocturnalQuill

Smash Journeyman
More popular features? I was under the impression that consensus was that it was unwieldy and bland.
It was an excellent idea, it was just poorly implemented. There was a very limited selection of blocks to choose from, along with only three styles (which didn't even apply to half the blocks). The whole thing felt like an afterthought. With a lot more attention, it could be really cool.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I loved the stage builder in Brawl. It could be fleshed out so much better in this game, but it was a good start.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
It wouldn't surprise me if Stage builder was revealed at E3.

Xane

Smash Journeyman
NNID
XaneFeather
3DS FC
3866-8124-2065
Well, I certainly hope it's coming back. I'm pretty sure it will.
Although not sure if E3 is the best place to showcase it, but wings crossed.

SoaringDive

Smash Cadet
NNID
SoaringDive
3DS FC
2148-8150-1379
It's been a while since I used the stage builder, but couldn't you send them to friends online?

.Lucina

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5327-1598-3487
I think the stage builder will be revealed at E3, but won't get talked about for too long. I have somewhere around 30 custom stages on Brawl, favorite feature.

Artsy Omni

Smashified Creator
NNID
artsyomni
People that have been around the past few years know that I'm really big on stage builder and think there are huge improvements that can be made. In general, I think it'd be cool if we could use the trophies we find as scenery in the custom stages we build. I also think that unlocking sets of scenery using figurines is a cool idea, artisticgamerxl. It's not intrusive to the game in general, but it does give perks to people who are devoted enough to buy the figurines.

Knowing that figurines will get mileage in multiple games is also nice.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
I had 316 custom stages on my first Wii. Oh yeah, if the custom stage builder is/was improved for Smash 4, Im sure I wouldnt even look at the original stages for a long time.....

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I'm going to miss Glitchland. It was awesome, my favorite custom stage by far.

I don't know if Stage Builder is big enough to reveal at E3, but I certainly would like it to return.

I agree with what has been stated here: more backgrounds and pieces that, perhaps, are related to specific franchises should be implemented. Each franchise with a playable character could have several backgrounds/pieces associated with it. The backgrounds can be noteworthy locations from various games (ex. The Mario series has Peach's Castle, Kid Icarus could have a cloudy area, Zelda has Hyrule Castle, etc.) while the pieces could be noteworthy objects/items/things from the series:

Mario - Question Block
Donkey Kong - Barrels
Zelda - Gossip Stones
Animal Crossing - Fruit Trees
Fire Emblem - the "Fog of War" effect

Those are just a few examples, but you see what I'm getting at here.

Gold_Jacobson

Smash Journeyman
I mean, they are cutting SSE. Which is understandable. But, to also cut Stage Builder? I sure hope not. I bet it will come back strong.

Top Bottom