• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

St.Louis Game Crazy Tournament 3/8/08 *1ST PLACE FREE BRAWL COPY & GAMECRAZY GIFTCARD

SamDvds

Smash Ace
FAREWELL MELEE/BRAWL WELCOMING TOURNAMENT

*1st Prize FREE Brawl copy*

WHEN: March 8th 2008.
Doors open at 10 am
Sign-ups at 11 am
Tourney begins at NOON

WHERE: Game Crazy in St. Louis
Address: 6662 Delmar (located in the U.City Loop)

COST: $5

PRIZE BREAKDOWN:
1st place: Free copy of Smash Bros Brawl PLUS 40% of the pot IN A GAMECRAZY GIFT CARD
2nd place: 40% of the prize pot in GAME CRAZY GIFT CARD
3rd place: 20% of the prize pot in GAME CRAZY GIFT CARD

*This event is SINGLES FIRST, DOUBLES PENDING
*DOUBLES is pending on how much time is left, so IF there is Teams it will be after Singles*
I know this is not standard procedure, but it's what Game Crazy wants to do.

*Standard MLG rules apply, if anyone doesn't know what those are by now PM me with any questions.

*Please Note* The cost of the Brawl copy will be deducted from the prize pot first, then the rest will be given out in gift cards as stated above. The store is not pocketing a profit from the prize pot.

*Game Crazy is having a MIDNIGHT sale for Brawl the night of March 8th. The 1st place winner will get their copy of the game the same night as the tournament.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
hmm...ill ask the store owner how many copies they expect to get. as retail goes, those who reserve copies are the only ones guaranteed to have it, but im sure they will have alot not reserved. or you could reserve one while your at the tourney. from what i remember working at similar stores, you might be able to reserve a copy at a game crazy closer to you, and arrange to pick it up at the U. City location.

edub

Smash Apprentice
seeing how many copies of super mario galaxy, assassin's creed, guitar hero 3, and every other major game release i've seen lately... i'm sure that copies of the game will NOT be hard to attain once it is released.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Makes me wish I had a Wii.

And a TV that I could play it on.

And a memory card.

And my own controller.

Dekuschrub

Smash Master
Mmm i would actually go to this.. but I have school the 9th and i would not be able to claim the copy of brawl..

ermm should i win...

post 500!

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Hmm yeah that makes sense that there would be dozens of copies there.

But if I get it at midnight there, that's three hours of driving back when I could be playing, so I dunno if I'm gonna show.

500th post w00t!

SamDvds

Smash Ace
just stay at genos that night for the brawl smashfest and drive back the next day

SamDvds

Smash Ace
deku u have school on a sunday?? that sucks everyone else's spring break starts the 9th lol

edub

Smash Apprentice
will geno care if southern illinois crew came over the night before? it's probably around 5 peoplesssss

edit:

nevermind. this is like the weekend spring break starts for me... so i doubt i'll be coming to this anymore.

maybe zoze still wants to go though

SamDvds

Smash Ace
I just talked to geno, he said its ok if u guys stay friday night. Heres the plan. Geno has to be at work by like 5 or 6 saturday, but the tourney should be wrapping up by then since theres no doubles. Im sure ppl can stay at the venue and play friendlies for a while, and the Loop has plenty of restaurants and shops to look around in within walking distance. So there will be plenty to keep everyone occupied until midnight, when brawl goes on sale. Then after midnight, we all can PROBABLY go back to geno's for the first BRAWL SMASHFEST, so it should be a fun weekend!

loki42

Smash Rookie
Hey, I'm new here so I don't know too much, and I'm also new to the tourney scene, and I have a question.

You guys seem to know each other well, are random strangers welcome to this or not?

I've been looking to get into the scene for a bit now and I'm trying to find a area nearby to play, you guys are nearby so I thought I'd check it out.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
yea anyone can come to the tournaments, we just all know eachother from seeing the same ppl at every tourney. check the st louis thread for local info. we're having a smashfest this friday at geno's house. addy is 22 clayton downs.

Taekmkm

Smash Cadet
Holy crap, you wake up early. Also, Zoze needs to wait longer for his money. All of it is currently being spent on my laptop :(

I need Zoze to beat Toga, Deku to beat Tre, Zoze beats Tre, and then the world blows up for me to take the Brawl disk! Bwuahahaha!

Actually we need Ed to win this since he actually has a Wii >_>

edub

Smash Apprentice
i already preordered, we're good
and i'm not going to this tourney anymore. i'm going home instead.

Taekmkm

Smash Cadet
One less person that I have to ki-I mean Tre has to beat. I mean me.

Man, I suck at the whole ego thing.

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
IF I decide to go back home for spring break, and lord knows that I will...I will come to this. If I dont decide to come home though...I wonder where I'll be!

SamDvds

Smash Ace
How do you get to Gamecrazy???
from lindenwood university, you would go east on highway 70, take it to 170 south, get off at Delmar (go east on Delmar, you should pass up North & South, Hanley, etc) keep going down delmar til you get to game crazy. idk if mapquest gives you different directions but thats the way i would go.

GenoBlast

Smash Ace
Hey, I'm new here so I don't know too much, and I'm also new to the tourney scene, and I have a question.

You guys seem to know each other well, are random strangers welcome to this or not?

I've been looking to get into the scene for a bit now and I'm trying to find a area nearby to play, you guys are nearby so I thought I'd check it out.
Lol, of course everyones allowed BTW theirs gonna be smash at my place tomorrow if you want to come, PM me.

smash superstar

Smash Ace
I think im still all smashed out from the carbondale tourny 0.o lol

I would love to go i just dont want to drive a long distance for a smash tourny again..blah! haha

Apollo

BRoomer
BRoomer
Aw, I get back in town on the 9th, just in time for Brawl and a week of Spring Break to enjoy with it. Good luck at the tourney, I'd love to join the festivities the next day

Zig-Zag!

Smash Lord
Does winner of doubles get brawl?

edit: wait, theres not even any doubles? Man, I dont wanna go half way across the country to dash dance with a fox.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
lol yea..no doubles..well let me talk to the store owner and see if they wanna squeeze it in there. if they get enough entries for doubles to pay for the free brawl copy they might do it.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
I have a question, since singles are gonna be $5 per person and if 10 ppl go the pot would become $50, now that $50 would go into brawl then what would we get on giftcards? Also if 20 people come there still wouldn't be that much left over for the pot.

SamDvds

Smash Ace
im sure there will be more than 10 ppl....thats why there wasnt a designated number on the gift cards...its whatever's left after brawl is paid for...im guessing we'll have enough to fill a 32 man bracket at least..consiering the store already has ppl pre registerd and its a month away

Top Bottom