• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Data SSBU Tournament Results

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
Weekly results 03/04/19 to 03/11/19:

View attachment 197644
0: :ultduckhunt::ultlittlemac::ultjigglypuff::ultlittlemac::ultlucas::ultpiranha:

Combined data for similar echoes:

:ultpeach: + :ultdaisy: : 8
:ultsamus: + :ultdarksamus: : 4
:ultrichter: + :ultsimon: : 4
:ultpit: + :ultdarkpit:

And people are still waiting for Ness to fall off. It’s not just FOW, BestNess, and Awestin now. Granted we get a ton of representation but the results just keep coming and that makes me really happy

Interesting how it’s becoming more clear who top/high tiers are in results. The characters people speculating would get a ton of results consistently are now. I think the tournament meta is shaping up and trends wise it seems like there isn’t as much varying results week to week as there was earlier

https://smash.gg/tournament/ultimate-shockwave-14/events/ultimate-singles/standings
Ultimate Shockwave 14 (Plano, TX) (229 entrants)

1) TTN Trela :ultridley:
2) TLOC Awestin :ultness:
3) Denti :ultpokemontrainer:
4) TTN Ultimate Razer :ultsnake:
5) Karna :ultlucina:
5) UTDe|BtB Orez :ultpeach::ultdaisy:
7) Beastly :ultness:
7) Lima :ultbayonetta:
9) Brr :ultinkling:
9) Eclipse :ultgreninja:
9) Spark :ultroy:
9) ;^) :ultbowser:
13) FUG|FRKS :ultlink:
13) DankDDD :ultpichu:
13) LigthningCam :ultdiddy:
13) HMO ThePizzaManXillion :ultrobin:
Looks like Trela is Awestin’s demon. I didn’t watch the set yet but I don’t think there’s another top player he hasn’t beaten at Shockwave

Last edited:

CovertGhoul

Smash Journeyman
And people are still waiting for Ness to fall off. It’s not just FOW, BestNess, and Awestin now. Granted we get a ton of representation but the results just keep coming and that makes me really happy

Interesting how it’s becoming more clear who top/high tiers are in results. The characters people speculating would get a ton of results consistently are now. I think the tournament meta is shaping up and trends wise it seems like there isn’t as much varying results week to week as there was earlier

Looks like Trela is Awestin’s demon. I didn’t watch the set yet but I don’t think there’s another top player he hasn’t beaten at Shockwave
The important thing is, its not just Awestin, FOW and BestNess placing, you also have Poppt, Pew, Beastly, Darkmatter, etc etc. Ness seems really good. I think he is a top 10-15 character.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
The important thing is, its not just Awestin, FOW and BestNess placing, you also have Poppt, Pew, Beastly, Darkmatter, etc etc. Ness seems really good. I think he is a top 10-15 character.
Exactly that was one of the main arugments agianst him early game is that Awestin, BestNess, and FOW are all top level players (they honestly may even be all top 50) and they were inflating his results. There are a lot of Ness mains winning now and not to understate their skill but they’re certainly not on the level of those three. I don’t know about top 10 but I think he’s top 20 no doubt

We’ve also got players like Luco and Simi and Gackt doing really well outside of the US. There are more really good Ness mains getting results I can name too but I don’t wanna forget anyone. I just don’t understand how people still argue against him being a very good character but I’d rather fly under the radar than be overrated and overhyped

N8than

Smash Apprentice
Exactly that was one of the main arugments agianst him early game is that Awestin, BestNess, and FOW are all top level players (they honestly may even be all top 50) and they were inflating his results. There are a lot of Ness mains winning now and not to understate their skill but they’re certainly not on the level of those three. I don’t know about top 10 but I think he’s top 20 no doubt

We’ve also got players like Luco and Simi and Gackt doing really well outside of the US. There are more really good Ness mains getting results I can name too but I don’t wanna forget anyone. I just don’t understand how people still argue against him being a very good character but I’d rather fly under the radar than be overrated and overhyped
A lot of people's argument for why Ness is overrated is that he was good at the start of smash4 but fell off a bit, so therefore Ultimate is going to be the same. What they miss is that there were fewer good sword characteh during the beginning of smash4, but those characters got buffed late on, and characters like Corrin and Cloud were added as DLC. However in Smash Ultimate, Ness is already dominating in a meta where sword characters are already good.

MG_3989

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-8397-3391-6411
A lot of people's argument for why Ness is overrated is that he was good at the start of smash4 but fell off a bit, so therefore Ultimate is going to be the same. What they miss is that there were fewer good sword characteh during the beginning of smash4, but those characters got buffed late on, and characters like Corrin and Cloud were added as DLC. However in Smash Ultimate, Ness is already dominating in a meta where sword characters are already good.
I mean this game is completely different than smash 4 and using a character falling off in a previous as a reason that they’ll fall out in a current game is completely illogical. It’s really not a valid argument in anyway if you think about it logically

That said it’s much better not to care what other people think of your character

Sudz

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW 3649 6707 8868
Would someone mind explaining to me what :substitute: means? I have seen it quite a bit ITT and have absolutely no clue what it is

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Would someone mind explaining to me what :substitute: means? I have seen it quite a bit ITT and have absolutely no clue what it is
I believe it means "not sure" who they used.

Last edited:

CovertGhoul

Smash Journeyman
The Ultimate Achievement #9 (Lorraine, France) (30 entrants)

1) JazzPunk :ultdk: :ultmario:
2) KingDo :ultsonic: :ultmegaman: :ultridley:
3) Torynk :ultbowserjr: :ultgnw:

Last edited:

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Mother of the Nation Festival (48 Entrants) (United Arab Emirates)

1st: SSS :ultlucina:
2nd: Lord Snackington :ultmegaman: :ultpalutena: :ultbowser:
3rd: Prado :ultrob:
4th: Shiba :substitute:

Top Bottom