• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBU Demos being spotted in the wild

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I wish there was an eShop demo, like the 3DS demo we got with Smash 4. >.<

I wonder if they drew the line against it after the 3DS demo leak debacle. (Although I don't know what there is to hide since we know the whole roster/stage list.)

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I wish there was an eShop demo, like the 3DS demo we got with Smash 4. >.<

I wonder if they drew the line against it after the 3DS demo leak debacle. (Although I don't know what there is to hide since we know the whole roster/stage list.)
I wish there was an eshop demo to stress test the matchmaking servers because we've seen time and time again that failing to properly stress test usually results in the servers exploding in a fiery ball of shrapnel and disappointment on launch day.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
I wish there was an eshop demo to stress test the matchmaking servers because we've seen time and time again that failing to properly stress test usually results in the servers exploding in a fiery ball of shrapnel and disappointment on launch day.
Maybe. Then again, I imagine most people will be trying to unlock all the characters before they even touch the online mode. Maybe that's what they're banking on? :p

Mimic88

Smash Cadet
Yikes...

You're givin' me Brawl flashbacks.

Fell God

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4200-0492-3739
For some games, even those tests aren't enough to make sure a game's connectivity is stable before launch...or even several months after...like For Honor...

Though of course with a team as competent as Sakurai's, that could never happen

Last edited:

Arthur97

Smash Master
Good thing I may not even touch online for a few days. Gotta unlock the roster before I do too much online.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Maybe. Then again, I imagine most people will be trying to unlock all the characters before they even touch the online mode. Maybe that's what they're banking on? :p
If most people get characters unlocked at the same rate, the issue will be the same, though.

maxistrife

Smash Apprentice
I am REALLLLLLLLYYYYY hoping for a "global smash" or something. Let us play something SUPER basic like player vs up to 3 cpus with a limited cast and stages and inability to change options. Even something that simple would make me happy.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'm hearing that that demo might be a fluke and was added to that kiosk far earlier than intended, though I'm hoping that's wrong.

Top Bottom