• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM Tournament in SF Bay Area

SmAsHeRiFiC

Smash Rookie
Just to let you guys know... Im hoping for 32 teams but don't know exactly how much will be there.... i just started marketing it out so don't get mad if there is less... And if you want to play halo 3 then email toucan sam for that info cause hez mainly doing that....

Toucan_Sam

Smash Rookie
Alright, thank you Smasherific from saving me from all the flames and making the rules better. FYI for everyone, I have no idea how to runa smash tourny. I personally am a Halo player so I jus guessed on how to do it. So the SSBM tourny will be Double Elim and every round will be a set of best of three. Stage selection is still unsure, but it WILL NOT be put on a set stage. It will probably be random first stage on a predetermined set of stages. What I'm saying right now is not the for sure rules, Smasherific is the guy to talk to. The things I'm saying here are just thoughts that are flowing between each of us. For the Halo tournament, here is how it looks like it going to go:

Halo 3 Tournament
October 13th, 2007
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
For more info email: christopher.zagala@gmail.com

Rules and Regulations:
The tournament will be Double Elimination and each round will consist of one 10 minute match. The finals will be a set of best of three matches.
#1 Rule: Bring Your Own Controller (B.Y.O.C.)
Teams: 2 vs. 2, Split screen, Blue vs. Red
Game: Team Slayer, 25 Kills
Time Limit: 10 minutes per match
Weapons & Settings: Primary weapon - Battle Rifle; Secondary weapon - Assault rifle; Weapons on map - default, NO radar (may change to popular vote)
1st Prize: 50% of the entrance fees
2nd Prize: 20% of entrance fees

There is no cheating allowed. This means looking at your opponents screen, any modified controllers, or anything else that will give you an advantage over your opponent. All acquisitions will be brought to your judge and if further intervention is needed, will be brought to the tournament directors.

Map Selection:
Before each game, a coin will be flipped and called in the air by either of the two teams. Winner of the coin toss will choose from a limited list of maps. These maps will be:
- Guardian
- Isolation
- Narrows
- Snowbound
- The Pit

For the final round, the undefeated team (winner of the winners bracket) will choose the first map and then after that, loser will choose. The only exception to this is that you may not choose a map that you have already played on.

Time Schedule for Double Elimination Halo 3 Tournament:
9:00 am - 10:00 am
- Registration, Meet & Greet, Warmup games if possible
10:00 am - 10:45 am/ 11:00 am
- Round 1
10:45 am/ 11:00 am - 11:30 am/ 12:00 pm
- Round 2
11:30 am/ 12:00 pm - 12:15 pm/ 12:45 pm
- Round 3
12:15 pm/ 12:45 pm - 1:00 pm/ 1:30 pm
- Round 4, 5, 6
1:45 pm - 2:00 pm
- Semifinals
2:05 pm - 3:00 pm
- Finals

itsSMASHtastic

Smash Apprentice
Lol everyone needs to give these guys a break. haha.

an unheard of smash tournament in vallejo brings back days of old. True Smash vets would remember the awesome Meleepalooza in 2002? hosted by the Vallejo crew including yours truly Justin. So ya i heard Scamp might be going?! Come down dude.

i'm not running the tournament with these guys but ya they're tryin pretty hard to host and accommodate some smash folk. i really dont know how steep the competition is going to be but hey if you're good probably would win some fast cash.

The___cheese

Smash Lord
For some reason I'm getting email notifications for every single response made, instead of just one until I check.

SmAsHeRiFiC

Smash Rookie
Great! if you can show up and if you know some halo players then tell them to show up too! Just bring who you can cuz we want this to be the first of many tournys...

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
hey everyone, today was a great tournament and i was really surprised with the skill level of each player and the knowledge they bring. not to mention the turnout was great. Im sorry that i didnt get any of the names of the people that i played but pm me you names and who you played and it would be great if we could smash again. (I was the one in the white tee and shorts playing G&W and Ganon.)

itsSMASHtastic

Smash Apprentice
what he said cept i was the falco/fox/mewtwo that got scraped
lol ...your falco> my falco by far. i had my money on you for winning the tournament.

tournament turned out pretty good than what i was expecting. pretty sure woulda had better a turnout if it wasnt held at the same time as that Sac one. but hey doing these tournament things are fun again.

oh i was the grey sweatshirt falco who yelled at the kids running across the projector. stupid kids

SmAsHeRiFiC

Smash Rookie
Thanx everone for showing up... Congrads to Andrew Castillo and Justin Junio for winning teams and placing first and second in singles... Thanks to THE CREW and Quak for showing up and beating all of the other kids... The tourny did turn out better then i expected and Im glad i talked to you guys while you were walking down the hill! Thanks for coming and Ill post again when I hold another Tournament

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
Thanx everone for showing up... Congrads to Andrew Castillo and Justin Junio for winning teams and placing first and second in singles... Thanks to THE CREW and Quak for showing up and beating all of the other kids... The tourny did turn out better then i expected and Im glad i talked to you guys while you were walking down the hill! Thanks for coming and Ill post again when I hold another Tournament
oh no prob, congrats to them too! hopin to hear that another one will be held soon. :chuckle:

Top Bottom