• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM Monthly Orlando/Lake Mary-Area Tournament

kinetixgaming

Smash Rookie
Just found this site recently and thought I'd post up here about our Monthly SSBM Tournaments. We've just started holding them and hope to get a nice crowd for the competitions. Our center has 2 Bigscreen HDTVs to play tournaments on and we can always bring in more TV's if the crowd gets too big ;)

Keep an eye out for our Post on the Calendar once we get Calendar Privileges =P

It will be held the 2nd Saturday of EVERY Month, so stop by our website and check out where we are located: www.kinetixgaming.com

(^_^)

TedBoosley

Smash Ace
Just found this site recently and thought I'd post up here about our Monthly SSBM Tournaments. We've just started holding them and hope to get a nice crowd for the competitions. Our center has 2 Bigscreen HDTVs to play tournaments on and we can always bring in more TV's if the crowd gets too big ;)

Keep an eye out for our Post on the Calendar once we get Calendar Privileges =P

It will be held the 2nd Saturday of EVERY Month, so stop by our website and check out where we are located: www.kinetixgaming.com

(^_^)
Just so you know, assuming these tournaments don't fall on the date of another important Central Florida tournament, it's quite possible they'll become HUGE (I'm talking 30-50 people), so you may want to do your research and prepare accordingly so as to not be overwhelmed.

Col Bol

Smash Champion
^Agreed.

Central Florida is VERY big in smashers and smash tournaments. But if it doesn't take place on the same date as a different, bigger tourney, I'll definitely try to make these.

Also, if you don't have one, or aren't satisfied with the one you already have (I feel like a salesman), a VERY good bracket maker is Tournament Maker 2.1. It can help manage entry fees, prizes, participants, and games easily. The biggest and probably most loved feature of the application are the Six different seeding methods and automatic placement of Bye matches. I strongly recommend it.

kinetixgaming

Smash Rookie
Col Bol: We use bracketmaker.com, free, easy, hasn't failed us yet. It supports many different tournament formats. We typically go with the Double-Elim style so that everyone gets a decent amount of gameplay in.

We will consider bringing in more TVs and such for some Smashin', but that depends on attendance. So if you guys bring the numbers up, we'll definitely provide the TVs. The only reason we don't bring in more TVs now... is that we have a HUGE 88" HDTV Projector in the back of the store, and a 62" HDTV in the FRONT of the store. Having someone play on a 27" TV while someone else gets a huge screen doesn't seem cool. But if we hafta, then we hafta =P

We'll make sure Semis and Finals get the bigscreen treatment though if that happens (^_^)

We only recently started getting more and more requests for Super Smash Bros. Tourneys, so if you Vets out there have any info that'd help us run a better event, our ears are open. Can't guarantee we're going to add that Hot Tub and waterproof HDTV for ya... but we'll do what we can ;)

kinetixgaming

Smash Rookie
Otru, et al: We have a pretty typical format, and are trying to make it as balanced and fair as SSBM can be =P Also giving everyone enough game time per match is something we've taken into consideration.

This tournament will be the 2nd Saturday of EVERY Month, so the upcoming dates:

July 14th
Aug. 11th
Sept. 8th
Oct. 13th

And every 2nd Saturday of each month after that (^_^)

kinetixgaming

vericz

Smash Champion
This place is going to be empty :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Since you guys didn't put out an actual thread with the dates other tournament hosts will take the spot from you and advertise theirs better. xtremeplay is on aug 11 and dguy's icct2 is going to be on the 8th

BAMN

Smash Journeyman
I think they are becoming more accepting of outside tv's since the last tournaments. We could always have extra tv's just for friendlies anyway. I will probably be at this with my crew since dguy's is in Meritt Island. My driver would rather go here cause he is lazy. Hope some people go. Fabulous, you and Pasqual still going? I am sure they would let you bring your setup and if they didn't want the tournament done on it, just record friendlies/MMs.

xYz

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1049-0933-6834
No More Kinetix Smash Tournies

I just called to confirm..
the alternate tourney would be the ICCT2 tourney.
see you there.

BAMN

Smash Journeyman
It's a shame. Would of been a decent venue if nothing else was going on a certain weekend. Their domain seems to have expired as well.

Top Bottom