• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBM Intro music for piano - Video

DayIngham

Smash Rookie
Hello smashboards!

I've always liked the smash bros game series, and melee in particular shaped my teenage years. I do arrangements of music from video games and television for piano as a hobby.

It's early days yet, but in the long term I'm hoping to do a collection of pieces from SSBM, Shadow of the Colossus, FFX and Pokemon, if I find enough hours in the day!

For the time being, enjoy my SSBM intro arrangement from the link below. It's not easy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdZeTpAf01g

2xUK

Smash Rookie
Both of your guys' covers were amazing! Loved the bass it was really funky :)
Daylngham, you dont happen to have sheet music do you? I would love to be able to play that piece!

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
Holy **** I had to log in to comment on this. Was this learned by ear??

It's so incredible. I didn't expect it to be this good.

Jiv

Smash Apprentice
Im watching it again it's making me tear up lol

But just one thing...In the ending when it goes SUPER SMASH BROTHERS....you should play the other chord of the cadence one more time and stay on it for a little while then play the ending chord I think. It would sound a bit more complete

DayIngham

Smash Rookie
Wow, that was great!
How long did it take you to arrange and learn that?

Here is my attempt at the menu 2 theme on bass http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJUWs2s2STM :)
Excellent bass playing! I'm currently working on the menu 1 theme for piano. Generally it doesn't take me long to arrange something. I listen to it on youtube and write down all the orchestral parts I hear (I'm classically trained etc), then try and adapt it pianistically without losing the big orchestral feel. Then I notate it on Sibelius and print it out and learn it in a disciplined way as I would with concert repertoire.

Overall time taken is only a few hours' worth of work, but I do so many projects at the same time while having a full-time job that the gap between projects can be a few months.

DayIngham

Smash Rookie
I would pay for sheets, tbsrs.
I am not good with computers. I would need to learn how to make a Sibelius file into a more widespread one like PDF. I've tried the internet and software which is meant to do this type of conversion, but no luck so far. I'll get a friend to help me.

You may want to wait a little while, as I've just started work on a whole bunch of smash bros melee arrangements. But I need to get Shadow of the Colossus out of my system first - I hope you understand!

If anyone here plays SotC aswell, check out my youtube account for some of my arrangements from that game's soundtrack, and subscribe if you don't want to miss the melee arrangements of the future. Thankyou all for your encouragement.

Top Bottom