• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ssbm game theory

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
You can find most of what you're looking for in the Official QnA sticky, but unfortunately it isn't set up well IMO and you have to click a link to get to a thread to reach a thread with the link you're looking for.

Anyway, start with these:
Frame Data Compilation (has more than just frame data)
We <3 Magus (compilation of Magus' genius)
Hitboxes (my baby)

If that isn't what you meant by game theory than please clarify.

Rokutaro

Smash Rookie
Thanks a lot dude. Umm quick question when Shiek grabs you and throws you down, ( the opponent is attempting to chain grab) how do you escape?

TerryJ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
1337-1337-1337
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
but unfortunately it isn't set up well IMO and you have to click a link to get to a thread to reach a thread with the link you're looking for.
This so much. The search bar really really helps with circumventing this but because we don't have everything in a centralized place it's hard to find what you're looking for until you browse around for a while.

Massive

Smash Champion
It matters what character you're playing.
Your question reminds of this video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHfWR84u6Kw
Like 20 seconds in they talk about how Yoshi can get out, and then not 10 seconds later he does it by DIing in and double jumping. I doubt this works for every character, but perhaps that helps.
Unrelated to this thread but holy crap is Vectorman's shield-dropping phenomenal.

The commentators didn't even mention it (which is insane) because shield dropping is one of those things that lets yoshi actually be viable against odds like that. Not to mention it's SUPER HARD to do that consistently.

Kudos to Vectorman, wherever you are.

Rokutaro

Smash Rookie
So the video was actually what I was talking about. So I see that it's DI and teching. Which I have a slight problem with in crucial times. I'm basically trying extensively study all the game theory out there and master fox

Top Bottom