• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB - Massquerade 1: Attack on Alloy - August 17th, 2013 - Framingham, MA

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
so I've been to Game Underground before.

uh

what is it exactly? Like, a game store or a gaming hangout place? I went to a melee tourney a few years back (I think M2K was actually there playing friendlies but I didn't know enough about the Smash scene to know who he was).

Anyway, I just forget what it was anyway.

not like I'm any good though
oh u

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I haven't played regular Brawl in years. I'm going for the P:M, and I've never been too big on the s00per hardcore play-to-win srs bsns way of playing anyway.

I mean, I'm entering the singles tourney because why the **** not, but mostly I just want to play against some people who know the mechanics of the game enough to understand l-canceling and wavedashing (who aren't also my brother who refuses to play as Fox or Falco because he "doesn't like doing cheap bull****").

Go fun or go home lol

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
(FINAL) SCHEDULE
11:00 am - Doors open
11:30 am - 12:30 - Signups for both 2v2 and 1v1
12:30 pm - Brawl 2v2 Begins
02:30 pm - Signups for 1v1 ends
03:00 pm - Brawl 1v1 Begins
*05:00 pm - Signups for Project M
*06:00 pm - Project M Begins

I'm all about time here, so please be on time. Especially since I'm streaming a tournament for the first time with my own bootleg equipment, I'll want all of the time in the world to put important matches for both Brawl and Project M on stream.

Doubles will start at 12:30. No later.

Venue fee $5
Brawl Doubles $5/person
Brawl Singles $10
Project M $10 (at this point it's become a game that's more than just a side event so I won't treat it like a side event)

Just want to thank Jamie again for giving me this chance to host here at GU. Should be a good time (if I don't rage... yeah I'm just straight up saying it).

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Well, this is your first hosting and my first tourney tomorrow! Both new endeavors for the both of us! Is anyone else hyped?

Certainly hope you don't rage and you have assistance where needed. Everything should run smoothly.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
Like I said before, I'm bringing my Wii and SD card for P:M.

Would it be okay if I had custom SFX (Melee SFX specifically)? Because I recently figured out how to do that and it's ****ing great.

Also Ganondorf skins that don't affect gameplay in any way whatsoever (and make Ganondorf look objectively better).

http://forums.kc-mm.com/Gallery/BrawlView.php?Number=31134

Kokomaniac

Smash Journeyman
Just got home, it was pretty fun despite not winning anything. I had never faced the omnigay until facing you in doubles, bloodcross -_-

firebro17

Smash Cadet
Good tournament. Even though my cousin sucked. Didn't win a single game in doubles lol would of did decent in singles if I stayed.

firebro17

Smash Cadet
I was firebro and my cousin (first timer) was milth. We were pika and gaw.

3rrbody by tripping

Smash Rookie
Ok, so a couple of friends and I kinda got the **** end of the stick for this summer in terms of specifically brawl tourneys. We had checked towards the beginning of the summer and saw the failed posting for "Smashachusetts IV" for next weekend (which has been cancelled) and hadn't actually known about this past weekends tournament in Framingham until it was too late. I've tried to find any other possible tournaments in the area, but to no avail... will there be another event hosted here anytime soon for Brawl?

In all honesty, I've played in a couple local tournaments (thus far I've played in 2 local tournaments hosted at UNH and won both overall in singles) and would really like to have a ton of fun on a higher level stage that would push my game play. Hell... I'd have a good time even getting absolutely demolished... just really looking to find out where I stand skill wise/have a blast with fellow brawlers, and as someone new to these tournament forums was hoping someone could take pity upon this forum noob soul and fill him in on the NE situation of upcoming tournaments. Mucho appreciation for any and all help provided!!!

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I had a great time! Even if some of my flaws haunted me in certain matches, everyone was really friendly and respectful. Everyone I faced was on skill level.

I guess I'll have to wait until the next proximate MA Smash tourney comes about now. The lower states might be too far, especially since the T screwed me over a lot. <,<

Top Bottom