• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB - Massquerade 1: Attack on Alloy - August 17th, 2013 - Framingham, MA

Bloodcross

Smash Champion

Super Smash Bros Brawl Tournament at Game Underground

1251 Worcester Rd.
Framingham, MA

For more details regarding the venue, check out their Facebook page.

SCHEDULE
11:00 am - Doors open
11:30 am - 12:30 - Signups for both 2v2 and 1v1
12:30 am - 12:45 - Signups for 2v2 ends
12:30 pm - Brawl 2v2 Begins
02:30 pm - Signups for 1v1 ends
03:00 pm - Brawl 1v1 Begins

Schedule is subject to change (most notably the start of 1v1)

ENTRY
Venue Fee - $5
Brawl Singles - $10
Brawl Doubles - $5 per person ($10 per Team)
Project M Singles - $10 (if that's how we usually set that price, though I'm willing to make a bigger pot so that's why it's starting at $10)

PRIZES
Doubles
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%

Singles (If there are 25 or more entrants):
1st place -48%
2nd place -22%
3rd place -14%
4th place - 8%
5th place (tie) - 4%
5th place (tie) - 4%

Singles (If there are fewer than 25 entrants):
1st place - 60%
2nd place - 30%
3rd place - 10%

Livestream will be provided. TBA

Follow the event on other websites!:
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/events/408962682555532
Allisbrawl: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=14255

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
How did I forget to change the date of the tournament? I feel really dumb tbh. I blame lack of sleep. This is happening August 17th

Anyway, this won't be a mega mass madness. It will be a whole new series called Masquerade

bumping to update and gauge interest. i hope to get 30 entrants

firebro17

Smash Cadet
Looks awesome. I will see if I can go or not. BTW anybody need a partner for doubles lol.

firebro17

Smash Cadet
At least P:M friendlies since we are using a Wii system and you can just install it easily.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
Bloodcross, are you the official organizer? I'd highly recommend P:M, Brawl, and Melee all be provided to appeal to the preferences of more players. Arrange friendlies too. I can provide consoles and games, but I'll only pitch in if I confirm attendance.

D

Deleted member

I highly disagree with that. This is a brawl tournament. The venue doesn't have enough space for one day to have 3 games have tournaments.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
This is Bloodcross on Zero's account.

I personally can't have both Brawl and Melee. Mattdotzeb hosts his own Melee tournaments here. I could have PM as a third event.

D

Deleted member

Damn, I saw that Zero posted on this thread and I thought "Awesome, Zero is coming!" This will still be awesome though. Any livestream yet?

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
The URL will be easy to determine. Either my personal twitch channel or Game Underground's (likely them, as I care about their image more than my own).

But I haven't got to work on planning the livestream itself yet.

btw it just became possible to host Brawl/Melee here AT A FUTURE EVENT

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
The venue doesn't have enough space for one day to have 3 games have tournaments.
I'm not supporting or opposing any changes to the schedule, but I just want to point out that in the old days, all of the MM tournaments had Brawl Doubles/Brawl Singles/Melee Singles all in 1 day, and all three of those events were usually larger than most of our single events now.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I'll be fine with whatever the schedule provides.

If I can arrange a transportation route and if my folks have no plans, I may come. I'd really be compelled to come if there's also Brawl set up out of the competition. Any estimations on crowd attendance?

firebro17

Smash Cadet
Do you need any wii setups?? I'll be glad to bring my wii and brawl game.

hotdogturtle

Smash Master
I will be there, confirmed. Any idea when P:M will start, or just "after Brawl" whenever?

And I thought you noticed it when you added the second "s" to the title a few days after my post. :dazwa:

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
After Brawl might be too late.... I'll just have to be quick with everything.

We usually end at around 8 at mass madnesses at least, but lately we've been ending much earlier at other tournaments.

Again, should probably start at around 6, everyone going for Project M only should come at 4 at the very earliest.

wWw Dazwa

#BADMAN
Brawl mMm's ended around 8 usually because we wanted to give everyone in t8 stream time, so brackets got stretched/delayed because we had extra time to spare. The last one was an exception because we had about 2-2.5x the people we normally got, so we gunned matches out instead of saving them for stream.

If it's a moderate turnout (20ish), all you've gotta do is rush matches and not worry saving stuff for stream. If you've got a bit more, omit pools. Either way you should still be able to run a 3rd event.

edit: nvm poor reading comprehension on my part lol. yeah, you should be able to run a 3rd event around the time in the brawl singles bracket when only half the setups are being used.

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
I'll just have to figure out the best Commuter Rail route, and I'll be able to attend. Right after a vacation also! I'm sure sign-ups will be made on a walk-in basis and will there be player pools?

Heh, if I end up going, this will be my first tourney experience ever. That makes me kind of nervous as I don't know everything to expect. You guys will be cool and maybe guide me to learn the ropes, right? :nervous:

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
hot dang guys

Out of the blue I was thinking to myself "Gee, I really need to find more people to play Project M with."

Lo and behold, a tourney with Project M! I mean, I might still come for the Brawl (even if I'm rusty as all hell), but holy **** I'm hype to actually play P:M with people who aren't my younger brother or my three friends who don't even know how to l-cancel

Anyway, should I bring a Wii?

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
You should definitely bring a wii. Especially one with Project M.

Pools? Well we usually do pools at gameunderground, I'll just need some help making them and we'll be good, so I guess we're doing pools lol.

robosteven

Smash Lord
NNID
robosteven
I don't know how long I'd be able to stay, but I'll make sure to bring it and let people use it for the duration of my being there.

Heh, if I end up going, this will be my first tourney experience ever. That makes me kind of nervous as I don't know everything to expect. You guys will be cool and maybe guide me to learn the ropes, right? :nervous:
This will be my second tourney ever. Don't worry about being new; I'm practically in the same boat.

Bloodcross

Smash Champion
For some odd reason I don't have the ruleset posted. Derp I'm stupid

http://pastebin.com/K2ef0Usu

In a nutshell the ruleset is MK legal with this stagelist:

Starters:
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks: