• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSBB Bosses

DRD

Smash Lord
I see so many threads for new characters in Brawl, but none for Bosses, if there will be any. I think they should have something like that in the new adventure mode, at specific intervals.

Some I can think of right off hand that would be good.

The Black Knight from the FireEmblem Series.
-Would have extremely heavy armour and be super-hard to get off the edge, and his sword does mucho damage, but is very laggy. Just so people can't use Fox's A over and over again, such moves would not give him any stun.

Ridley From Metroid
-I know about all those peple who think Ridley would be great as a new character, but I don't think there's much chance of him being a playable character...so maybe a Boss? Able to fly, of course, and be hard to hit.

I'll post some more later if I can think of them...

Discuss.

Stryks

Smash Hero
both ridley and black knight should be playable, Im guessin another parth of the original SSB boss should be added like master head/face or something lol i dont know...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Note: dont know if theres another thread about this, if so sorry for spammin XD...
Yeah i was also thinking that the whole body would appear, like I dont know master Smash, he would have master hand and crazy hand as hands, and a smasher-like look... lol its my idea...

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I want Ridley to be playable I mean he is the most likely addition from the metroid series although I would also like to see Rundus if he's good in Corruption.

Black Knight shouldn't be in unless some one from Path of Raidence(sp?) is in, other bosses should be like Bowser in Adventure mode playable as well like

Metroid (good) > Ridley
Metroid (bad) > Samus
Mario (good) > Bowser
Mario (bad > Mario
DK (good) > K.Rool
DK (Bad) > DK
Fzero (good) > Samurai Goroh
Fzero (bad) > Captain Falcon

etc. etc.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
MissingNo is not a character so he will not make any appearance in Brawl or any other official game by Nintendo ever again I can promise you this.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
ever heard of Developers Joke?

Eg:

In F-Zero, there is a joke character called James McCloud, In star Fox, James McCloud is the name of Fox's father in F-Zero, McCloud wears the exact same clothes as Fox & James do in Starfox.

MissingNo. would be a funny prank ;)

icymatt

Smash Lord
The bosses should be completely original and crazy. It just works better.

IBTL.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
QUOTE: The bosses should be completely original and crazy. It just works better.

MinssingNo. (not playable only as a boss)

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
I'd rather not have any bosses that aren't playable. It pisses me off that Night Terror isn't playable in Soul Calibur III. If Ridley appears as a boss but not a playable character, I'd just be pissed because he'd be so good as a playable character.

So, I am in favor of character-specific bosses, but only if said bosses are playable, and their counterpart is the boss in their own adventure (using Metroid, Ridley is Samus' boss, and Samus is Ridley's boss).

icymatt

Smash Lord
I really like the menacing, oversized bosses myself. I thought Crazy Hand and Giga Bowser were great, and I want to see that tradition continue.

Psiklone

Smash Cadet
I think it would be cool if as Fox/Falco you could fight andross, who would be like "Master Face" in a way

kill_shot

Smash Journeyman
bosses?
Fire magma king dude from twhilelight princess
K.rool
King dede
Babomb king
ho-oh
a hand
ridley
wolf
some of the above are playable characters.

100links

Smash Ace
a freaking nintendo console :laugh: preferably the gamecube..because your practically killing the past (it will be on the wii right? >.<) and ifter you kill it it will show you a screen saying "RIP gamecube....we love you" :laugh:

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I didn't love the gamecube, it started with a weak platformer (Luigi's Mansion) and it's finishing with a Wii port (Twilight Princess) the console had only a few good games SSBM being one of them.

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
I didn't love the gamecube, it started with a weak platformer (Luigi's Mansion) and it's finishing with a Wii port (Twilight Princess) the console had only a few good games SSBM being one of them.
To be perfectly frank, I'd consider that being the Wii starting out with a Gamecube port, but whatever.

As for the topic at hand. I'm a big fan of character-specific bosses (Mario is Bowser's boss and Bowser is Mario's boss and all that) But how about take it another step further and give every character a super-hard "Giga" form to use?

Forinstance

Bowser into Gigabowser
Ridley into MetaRidley
Mario into Powerup Mario (Mario with the ability to equip any powerup from the Mario games)
Ganondorf into Pig-ganon
Link into Oni Link
Fox into James McCloud (An impossibly fast version of Fox with extra powers)
Snake into Big Boss (Snake with Extra Abilities)
Kirby into Star Rod Kirby (Kirby with infinite Star-rod shots and more abilities)
Dedede into Dark Matter Dedede (Dedede under the Posession of Dark Matter)
Mewtwo into Armor Mewtwo
Samus into Phason Suit Samus

And so on...

Gory snake

Smash Journeyman
I think Metal Gear Rex would make a cool boss character. He could have individual parts you would have to destroy, then the cockpit opens revealing Liquid Snake who you then attack(while he is still in the cockpit). Once destroyed the entire Metal Gear explodes.

PhantomEdge

Smash Journeyman
Yeah i agree andross would make a fun boss, some other ideas that have skimmed my mind are medusa from Kid Icarus, maybe also the Aparoid queen from star fox would be a very complex and fun boss to kill. and ganon in his beast form would be a crazy boss.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
To be perfectly frank, I'd consider that being the Wii starting out with a Gamecube port, but whatever.

As for the topic at hand. I'm a big fan of character-specific bosses (Mario is Bowser's boss and Bowser is Mario's boss and all that) But how about take it another step further and give every character a super-hard "Giga" form to use?

Forinstance

Bowser into Gigabowser
Ridley into MetaRidley
Mario into Powerup Mario (Mario with the ability to equip any powerup from the Mario games)
Ganondorf into Pig-ganon
Link into Oni Link
Fox into James McCloud (An impossibly fast version of Fox with extra powers)
Snake into Big Boss (Snake with Extra Abilities)
Kirby into Star Rod Kirby (Kirby with infinite Star-rod shots and more abilities)
Dedede into Dark Matter Dedede (Dedede under the Posession of Dark Matter)
Mewtwo into Armor Mewtwo
Samus into Phason Suit Samus

And so on...
This could work, but I still like the idea of being able to play as some of these, while others wouldn't need to be playable characters. For instance, Armored Mewtwo would be cool as a final boss, but giving him the Armor would also be an awesome costume switch. I would much prefer being able to play as Armored Mewtwo in Vs. than just being able to face him in 1P mode, you know?

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
This could work, but I still like the idea of being able to play as some of these, while others wouldn't need to be playable characters. For instance, Armored Mewtwo would be cool as a final boss, but giving him the Armor would also be an awesome costume switch. I would much prefer being able to play as Armored Mewtwo in Vs. than just being able to face him in 1P mode, you know?
Yeah, and if they did make the "super" form playable, do it like Guilty Gear and make it unlockable and easily recognizable (so that house and tournament rules are easily imposed). GGXX did something similar and still managed to be one of the most balanced fighters ever.

DRD

Smash Lord
Armored Mewtwo as a seperate costume/character is one of the best ideas I've heard so far, and he would make an excellent Boss, as the armour enhances his defensive powers as well as his mental powers.

Dunno how you're going to fit Ganon's beast form onto the Stage, while keeping everything in form and not making it so the shot is from a mile away, Melee has a tendancy to do that.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Master Face would kick ***.

Imagine, fighting Master Hand, Crazy Hand, and Master Face. Master face could look something like this:http://unitedmask.com/Masks/images/full_face_white_masks.JPG

Like the left face, and would lie inbetween both hands. He could shoot lasers out of his eyes, and try to eat you, chew on your a little, then spit you out.

Fun fun fun.

Also, a new event match, where you fight Giga Bowser, Ganon, and Armored Mewtwo all at once.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
Armored Mewtwo as a seperate costume/character is one of the best ideas I've heard so far,
Separate costume, yes. Separate character? No. Mewtwo with some different clothes on doesn't need to be a new character. "Different clothes" is practically the exact definition of "costume change."

applejack

Smash Journeyman
That is that same thing that Andross did in Star Fox 64.

I think that Wolf would be a better villain for Fox. He is also easily fit into Vs.

Armored Mewtwo would be great (I forgot all about that until I read it. I need to get back in touch with my Pokemon side, its been awhile). I really like the idea of fighting the Black Knight from PoR.
Maybe they could use another form of Ganon for a boss. Like his in WW where you fought OoT style then the new one. But until TP comes out I have no idea what Ganon should look like.
But playable bosses should be the majority.

Dah!! reading this makes me want Brawl even more!

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
If you are talking about final bosses, I made one already. If you are talking about character specific bosses than there is also already a thread although it might be in General Disscussion but I don't know. If you are talking about some other form of boss than you are weird. By the way Giga Bowser pwns all so this disscussion is pointless anyway.

DRD

Smash Lord
Right little ray of sunshine, aren't you?

I think I'd rather just make a new topic for my purposes than reviving an old one. So, if you're forums are okay with that, then I'll just revive it next time, but from what I saw, they were like on pages 8 and 9 or something. From my home forums where I've been at for 2 years though, reviving old topics isn't a good thing to do, so meh. =/

applejack

Smash Journeyman
That is probably why there are 8 or 9 pages.

But yeah, back on topic.
Most bosses are much, much, much and much stronger than the hero, they just have one glowing weak spot or something.
So it would be hard to incorporate bosses as playable characters.
I realized this after typing previous post.
....I still want Brawl.....

HiddenTiger

Smash Lord
I can't say I'm too fond of the idea of game-specific boss fights in Brawl. Any Smash Bosses should be exclusively created for Smash, like the hands and Giga Bowser were.

FireBomb

Smash Lord
There are sooo many rip-offs of floating hands with floating head/body in games...
...So let's just keep the tradition going! Melee introduced Crazy Hand so who can guess what dislocated body part we will have to deal with next.

applejack

Smash Journeyman
lol, lol, still laughing... hold on.
Oh, man that is very funny.
Well since he is the god of that universe it would make a lot of sense.
Great expression too.
lol, lol.
Would you really want to kill him though? I mean he has produced the majority of Nintendo's franchises.
Thanks for the laugh.

McFox

Spread the Love
BRoomer
For future reference DRD, in this forum, it is easier on us if an older topic is simply revived. In a character forum like this, keeping a single consistant topic on ideas makes it much easier to find information on a character, rather than having a bunch of topics about the same thing.

Top Bottom