• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ssb64 online controls

Banks

Smash Hero
how do people who are good play this game, what buttons for what, or what kind of controller. because idk what to map to what, everything feels ********, and the controller i have doesnt allow me to usmash it makes me jump and uair no matter how i press it >_>

Thino

Smash Master
maybe the delay disturbs you a little , otherwise its all about pressing Up+A at the same time.
as long as you can do it offline there shouldnt be any problem

Banks

Smash Hero
i think its the controller, its not senitive enough or somethin, the joystick is crapped. but what about keyboard people
what buttons do they use

cmasterchoe

Smash Journeyman
what kind of controller are you using? i think with keyboard, its just learning the intricacies of your keyboard and how it responds. a ton of practice will allow you to get down the usmash. i know i definitely had a lot of trouble and i had the same problem where i would jump and do uair instead of utilt or usmash. on the keyboard, a lot of it is timing, same goes for the controller. get to learn it a lot using training mode, because even though i use n64 controller, it definitely reacts diff on my laptop than on the console, so i have to spend a lotta time just getting used to the d*amn thing.

Umbrasquall

Smash Ace
Get N-rage's input plugin for your controller. Unless the joystick itself is wasted, then it should fix your sensitivity problem. But it's always going to suck because of the delay.

Lord Kirby

Smash Journeyman
lol i have that problem too. its from LAAAAAAAAAAG. u shood just avoid high pings n e ways. most of them are nooby players.

MattNF

Smash Lord
my kb buttons:

keyboard buttons = controller buttons

z = a
x = b
c = r
spacebar = z
a = l
d = c-down
arrow keys = joystick

Zantetsu

Smash Master
A = A
B = B
C-Up = Y
C-Left = X
C-Down = D-pad Down
C-Right = D pad Right
L = L
R = Z
Z = R
Left/Right/Down/Up = Joystick

Those are my controlls. I use a gcn controller ^^. Also get a 3 in 1 Magic joy box. There a pain in the @$$ to configure but there good and they only cost around 8$-16$ on ebay new.

Top Bottom