• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 Match Videos

djwang88

Smash Cadet
Isai = GOD

Edit: How did you do that Pikachu taunt thing? You know, when the taunt sound plays when you're in midair or when you're running back and forth...

malva00

Smash Master
What's wrong? My media player can play it. Are you guys right clicking the links and saving as? I just made sure the Links work and they do right now.

Edit: Just to make sure.. you have to upgrade things sometimes >_>

Dark Schneider

Smash Apprentice
Yeah i had to save them as. Awesome play Malva00. Your Link rules, how did you do the down a attacks without the lagtime involved like pulling the sword out of the ground. Was it L cancel?. Eh, Your pikachu ruled, awesome play. Would like to see more of your play.

dcx1287

Smash Lord
Isai! put your pikachu vs the other guy's pikachu vid up on that site.

I know superdoodleman has it on his AIM to share, but you should put it on that site too.

man that vid is such incredible ownage by you! haha that guy didn't even HIT you for..what..the first 2 lives?

man dude your skills are insane!

malva00

Smash Master
The Pikachu vs. Pikachu match you're talking about is me vs. my friend Johnny in the summer of 2002. Long time ago. Just saying.

Johnny and I are much better now. Not in the way we might look in videos, but in the way we react to the opponent.

THE RED SPARROW

Smash Lord
WOW!!! IMPRESSIVE!!!

Those vids were AWESOME!!!:cool: I didn't expect anything less from Malva, I want to play him in SSB64 ofcourse cuz I suck in Melee. :p

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
The taunt cancel was done by moving to the edge and doing the taunt right when the animation is supposed to start for the stumbling off the edge movements.

omg Isai your timing is incredible.

AnyNameWillDo

Smash Cadet
hey cool, i didn't see some of that vid before. i can almost do the taunt thing now...... for like 3 seconds...... maybe playing offline would help.

catzakoolcally

Smash Rookie
anything on DK? or any advice on him?
My DK needs to be better to beat my roomie's pikachu, and I dont want to bust out my Cpt on him.

I think my DK is just about at his DK limits.. he is just too **** slow. I got a good knockdown, i avoid almost all his stuff, my dk grabs are better than my Cpt grabs..., if i'm on the ledge, i can recover good.. it's just coming back that's a *****...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by beefbutcher88
I'm getting sound and no video...
It looks like you just need some Codex. Try downloading DivX8.

D

Deleted member

Pretty good. Not the best I've ever seen, but pretty close. Perhaps it's because this game has more reading and less technical skill, I dunno.

malva00

Smash Master
What's the best you've seen? Tell me his name and I'll make sure I **** him for you. All about n64 in person, not some videos.

Afrotaki

Gay skies today.
BRoomer
Originally posted by UmbreonMow
Pretty good. Not the best I've ever seen, but pretty close.
Lies.

I remember playing you in Huntsville, Isai ~ at Phoenix's tourny, I was the Mario that had to leave way early. You played me for the pool seedings and completely ***** me with Marth, and it made me wonder exactly how much free time you have ;). Anyways, you're awesome, and I hope I have the chance to be smacked down by you again.

D

Deleted member

yeah vids don't tell much. You're not the best I've SEEN, but probably the hardest to play against. Vids don't tell much.

But they were cool looking :p

malva00

Smash Master
What's the best you've seen then?

"But they were cool looking" WTF do you know about ssb64 to compare?

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
How can that not be the best you've seen? I know that even well known long time players of ssb64 are impressed by malva. If you could show me something better I'll get breast implants.

D

Deleted member

what is it with these boards and kids putting their mouths on Cali's testicles?

Yeah, he's probably the best player. But watch the vids. There's nothing in there that any competant player can't do. He just manages to get in there easier. Great. Now get over it.

"But they were cool looking" WTF do you know about ssb64 to compare?
Well I know not to roll dodge and how to Z cancel. That should be good enough.

malva00

Smash Master
It's not about being "impressed" JesusFreak, all that matters is how good you play. Only great players in ssb64 can see a good amount of skill(if there is any) in videos, not some scrub that doesn't know to play anymore that just sees things as "similar to how we played, but my friend's vids looked better".

And I know MOW isn't a great player(this isn't random it goes with the second sentence) because ssb64 skills transfers over and that's the only reason why I got good in melee so fast.

My ssb64 skills >>> My ssbm skills right now.

malva00

Smash Master
Originally posted by UmbreonMow
what is it with these boards and kids putting their mouths on Cali's testicles?

Yeah, he's probably the best player. But watch the vids. There's nothing in there that any competant player can't do. He just manages to get in there easier. Great. Now get over it.

Well I know not to roll dodge and how to Z cancel. That should be good enough.
Roll dodge very important in ssb64, only in important times so just saying "I know not to roll dodge" isn't very smart. It's not about doing things any competant player can do, it's the mind games and movement that goes with how you play. No competant player can play like I do trust me, they would have to be really good. They wouldn't come close in a real match.

JesusFreak

Smash Hero
Alright malva, I see what you're saying. But what I was referring to wasd the fact that you hade incredible timing and combo skills. Those are things that impress me. I know it's about the skill behind them, I was just saying the fact that you can do what you do is impressive.

GuardianSphinx

Smash Journeyman
Hi there!

I've been playing ssb64 ever since it came out, and i've been playing melee ever since it came out, i'd like to think i had alot of skill at the game; but im not sure how you play. I'll just have to wait for the video to download.

My ssb64 character was Mario
And i play with all characters on melee (Mostly Falcon, Gannondorf or IceClimbers)

Most people play worse under pressure, but i agree its not how you look its how you play, and how you think. Reaction is the key, and i can tell you now that if you can't breakfall (which you probably all can) that you wont have a chance.

Anyway, nice to meet you all, my name is Alex

Gamepro

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by JesusFreak
but can you do it 10 times in a row back and forth across the platform?
Easily. With multiple characters. What's so hard about it?

Snevet99

Smash Rookie
i save target as, download it, and then when i go to click play it says it can't play it. what's not getting done here?

Snevet99

Smash Rookie
nevermind i figured it out. looks awesome...but i'm a pathetic ssb64 player that occasionally loses to lv9 comps, so...

bdlink

Smash Rookie
that guy you were playing against looked like he had never seen you play with link before. He had some skills but it seemed he really had no stratagy. There really is no excuse to look that bad being picachu when you are playing against link, especially on the kirby level. Plus, where are the weapons and level variation. How do you not get bored playing the same stage w/ no weapons. If picachu gets link off the edge, link should die if picachu has any kind of skills. But not bad, if your ever in alabama or atlanta let me know, id be interested in playing you.

Top Bottom