• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 HD REMAKE WII U NETPLAY

Would you like Nintendo to make a HD remake for SSB64 on the Wii U?

• Yes.

Votes: 69 85.2%
  • No.

Votes: 12 14.8%

• Total voters

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
I am posting this on here because I am too lazy to make a Nintendo life account. Also, What would I exactly have to do to get people to demand this from Nintendo? And I don't care about people being negative about "it's not going to happen" or whatever. Just vote if you life the idea, and yes all mechanics will be the same, just better graphics, more features, vs mode online, etc. This is just an OPINION. If this can somehow get more votes by putting this poll on another website, let me know.

Sedda

Smash Champion
Yeah, sure. Why not. Not many reasons to buy a Wii U yet, but of course a remake with online would be cool

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, sure. Why not. Not many reasons to buy a Wii U yet, but of course a remake with online would be cool
Ty ty. I would probably buy the Wii U just for this, and maybe Zelda I guess.

Last edited:

Madao

Nintendo = fail. What's wrong with emulator though? From my experience emulator netplay > brawl netplay anyday.

On a positive note, sure it would be better than nothing lol.

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo = fail. What's wrong with emulator though? From my experience emulator netplay > brawl netplay anyday.

On a positive note, sure it would be better than nothing lol.
More people to play, Wii U has ethernet port? Maybe better servers now?

Madao

More people to play, Wii U has ethernet port? Maybe better servers now?
The main issue with Brawl online, aside from the ******** friend code nonsense, was the frame delay. Playing kaillera was like heaven compared to Brawl online LOL. Ethernet port does help, lol my bro actually bought the official nintendo usb ethernet adapter just to get better connection. Nintendo just has bad taste imo. The lowest delay you could get was 3, and I've never in my life gotten 3 frames, even though I mostly played real life friends. Prolly the lowest I got was 4 or 5 (just guessing). Best I saw was light blue on the color spectrum.

Idk if you know this, but when it comes to online play, you have to deal with speed vs safety. Nintendo prefers safety so much that it's ridiculously slow. Sure now that people (including myself) have better connection overall compared to 5-6 years ago, so it should be better this time around, but I doubt you will get the same low frame delay as kaillera p2p.

Lol you have a good point about more people to play. It's a shame people are the way they are...

Last edited:

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
The main issue with Brawl online, aside from the ******** friend code nonsense, was the frame delay. Playing kaillera was like heaven compared to Brawl online LOL. Ethernet port does help, lol my bro actually bought the official nintendo usb ethernet adapter just to get better connection. Nintendo just has bad taste imo. The lowest delay you could get was 3, and I've never in my life gotten 3 frames, even though I mostly played real life friends. Prolly the lowest I got was 4 or 5 (just guessing). Best I saw was light blue on the color spectrum.

Idk if you know this, but when it comes to online play, you have to deal with speed vs safety. Nintendo prefers safety so much that it's ridiculously slow. Sure now that people (including myself) have better connection overall compared to 5-6 years ago, so it should be better this time around, but I doubt you will get the same low frame delay as kaillera p2p.

Lol you have a good point about more people to play. It's a shame people are the way they are...
Maybe Wii U servers will improve or something, idk.

Madao

I'm pretty sure it was p2p in Brawl, but we will see about Smash 4's online play. Maybe the netcode will be totally different and use techniques to reduce the effect on lag, rather than the traditional input delay.

I still guarantee it won't beat Kaillera / any good pc netplay option. Like I said in my previous post, Nintendo goes for safety rather than speed.

Komotonoto

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure it was p2p in Brawl, but we will see about Smash 4's online play. Maybe the netcode will be totally different and use techniques to reduce the effect on lag, rather than the traditional input delay.

I still guarantee it won't beat Kaillera / any good pc netplay option. Like I said in my previous post, Nintendo goes for safety rather than speed.
Nintendo needs to grow some balls mang.

SphericalCrusher

Hardcore Gamer
NNID
SphericalCrusher
3DS FC
1118-0223-8931
Plenty of reasons to buy a WiiU. But I would buy a SM64 HD remake. I think the closest we'd get is virtual console though.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
An HD port of the original Super Smash Bros. with on-line play for the Wii U would be fantastic. Priced at around $15, I'm sure a lot of people would pick it up.

After playing so many games, like Mario Kart 8, on my HDTV I'm finding it nearly impossible to go back and play SSB64 on a CRT TV. The interlacing is simply too annoying.

_CaKeS_

Smash Cadet
Personally I like Smash64 the best out of them all, and I think people disregard it is simply because it's old/has dated graphics. If it got a nice, brand new, polished feel and had online play, people may see how competitive/exciting it can actually get.

Annex

Smash Ace
I think people disregard it is simply because it's old/has dated graphics
It has half the roster of Melee, a quarter the stages, no spot/air dodging, c-stick, wavedashing, zair/tethers, side special or chargeable smashes, a pitiful single player, and has probably a quarter of the community.

It's still my favorite, but I don't think most people prefer the other games because they're all graphics whores or something.

...this makes me sound like I don't want an HD remake though, which is more than very false :skull:

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
Most people prefer Melee but I rather enjoy the straight forward nature of the original SSB on the N64. Sure it needed more characters and grabs were too powerful but overall it was a really rewarding experience with no cheesy C-Stick smash attacks. :chuckle:

Picture from my collection.

By the way, I also have the Virtual Console version of SSB64 on my Wii which is nice because that means I can play it with the magnificent GameCube controller. I'd still like a true HD version on the Wii U, though.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
That seems ridiculous, It would just be a watered down version of Smash Bros compared to Super Smash Bros 4.

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Most people prefer Melee but I rather enjoy the straight forward nature of the original SSB on the N64. Sure it needed more characters and grabs were too powerful but overall it was a really rewarding experience with no cheesy C-Stick smash attacks. :chuckle:

Picture from my collection.

By the way, I also have the Virtual Console version of SSB64 on my Wii which is nice because that means I can play it with the magnificent GameCube controller. I'd still like a true HD version on the Wii U, though.
The gamecube controller is pure garbage.

My collection is bigger than yours

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
Warning Received

Madao

At least gc controllers have a better analog stick. I don't understand the hate.

RedFly

Smash Lord
NNID
RedFlyNinja
3DS FC
0018-1836-2825
:GCDpad:: "derp I'm a worse d-pad than the NES"
:GCCN:: "why am I a nipple"
:GCLT:: *clackity clackity*
This is funny, And makes sense too. Besides thwse flaws the Gamecube controller is pretty comfortable.

Sangoku

Smash Master
Tone down guys, no need to be aggressive.

I agree that the GC controller sucks for smash though. Mainly because (as cobr said) it's hard to slide from jump to b (for shines), and because the L/R triggers feel awkward.

Grizzmeister

Smash Lord
NNID
Grizzster
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argumentum_ad_populum

Shut the **** up. Gamecube controller is garbage and could have been so much better. Only reason that it's popular is because melee players had no other choice.
I'm not making an ad populum argument. Merely stating the fact that Nintendo is reissuing the GameCube controller because people are willing to pay good money for it. Matter of fact, GameStop already has the new SSB GameCube controllers listed on their website for $29.99.

http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/acces...be-controller-super-smash-bros-edition/115424

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
Top Bottom